Okay Scott, you want to buff bad Warframe abilities. Community, let’s suggest rework ideas here.

16 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Remove all the arbitrary extra limitations from Ivara's Prowl.

No more extra energy costs for getting hit or meleeing. No more broken kneecaps preventing you from doing Warframe mobility things. No more visual exposure for shooting a loud gun.

#1 desirable change right there, although there's still a laundry list of other little issues and shortcomings in poor frogwife's kit.

Prowl has the longest duration of all the invisibility powers, being a toggle (and the cloak arrow allowing you to safely use an energy restore). The limited mobility is to prevent you from being a god (although you can still roll, and many still use it 90% of the time). The extra energy cost on melee is to prevent you from using melee combos to bypass the movement limitation. You may use operators for the mobility, but it is still a handcap.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Remove all the arbitrary extra limitations from Ivara's Prowl.

No more extra energy costs for getting hit or meleeing. No more broken kneecaps preventing you from doing Warframe mobility things. No more visual exposure for shooting a loud gun.

#1 desirable change right there, although there's still a laundry list of other little issues and shortcomings in poor frogwife's kit.

I don't mind the exposure for shooting a loud gun. The rest I agreed with though, 100%.

I think it would be cool if in Nidus' native kit Larva's range scaled with mutation stacks instead of nerfing it for other frames. I think the main reason for that nerf though was to make Khora's ensnare more competitive with it as a choice?

Honestly though ensnare has so many usability problems compared to larva that I don't think a range advantage is enough to make it competitive. The fact that it leaves enemies standing for headshots would be all the edge it needs if it weren't for the fact that it is so slow to pull enemies in and can't be targeted on a point and needs an enemy to cast on.

Reposting some ideas I had earlier -

Decoy:

Produces 3 decoys like the Silver Grove Loki, tap to have them stationary hold so they are mobile. The best buff for decoy would be on any warframe who uses it's 1 the decoys also cast this ability effectively duplicating first abilities across the board. On Nidus swarm with Virulence and build up stacks rapidly. On Vauban launch a platoon of electrified hamster balls. On Protea deploy shredding minefields the possibilities go on. Imo this would make Decoy a compelling helminth ability.

Spectrorage:

When firing weapons on enemies inside the circle of mirrors no ammo is used (or higher ammo efficiency on enemies hit inside). Opens up range builds on Gara involving infinite ammo and any warframe that takes Spectrorage.

Mind Control:

Whatever Mallet does that determines it's damage should be applied to Mind Control. Or else for a utility reason on Mind Controlling an eximus enemy you steal it's active ability and regenerate energy while doing so.

Absorb:

Defy does Absorb's job much better and without the need to wring out all energy from Nyx like she was a soaked cotton doll. I think if all the damage done to enemies under Nyx's other effects counted as damage absorbed to the Absorb orb and Nyx could direct where the orb detonated that would make it a great ability.

Barrage:

Cook in the augment and have it so the ability does not end until all enemies in the effect range are dead, this would make it a good armor strip and cc. But I think Hydroid needs a rework from the ground up or at least to beef up his abilities alot more.

Airburst:

This abiity was already buffed. A good followup I think would be if cast while airborne at the impact site there was a continuous vacuum effect sucking in enemies, for as long as you are airborne the succ remains. You could slap it on a Titania for infinite vacuum time.

Fireblast:

For every enemy struck from a heat proc by this ability warframe gets boosted ability strength, a possibly toned down version of Ember's passive.

Ice Wave:

For every enemy struck from by this ability warframe gets an armour boost, would work well with Frost.

Shuriken:

Opens up weakpoints on where they hit the enemy dealing extra slash damage for anything that hits that weakpoint after. Like Banshee/Garuda.

Banish:

Tap to cast, hold to apply the Riftwalker buff to yourself and allies. This is a weak version of Limbo's passive letting you enter the rift for a few seconds by dodging.

Pull:

Change the energy orb drop chance on death to be from any cause of death for a duration.

Soul Punch:

Nekros can target corpses with this turning them into mines that detonate when stepped over, they use the health of the corpse to calculate damage and Nekros can cast on one of his zombie army to turn them into a running bomb that sprints into enemies.

Terrify:

Enemies run towards your warframe not away while being chased by a monstrous vision. On reaching your warframe they cower in horror.

Spectral Scream:

Scale off secondary weapon mods, like how Gara's 1 works now. Also don't lock into the breath animation so Chroma can do other things like fire weapons too.

Effigy:

Cheap, cheap, cheaper please, the energy cost is too high and the armor tradeoff for a soft turret is not worth it. Give Chroma something else in exchange, something that makes you want to shed the pelt. But like Hydroid I think that's grounds for a rework for Chroma's kit. A good starting idea might be having Vex Armor and Ele. Ward both be given by the effigy too and have it linger when an ally leaves the turret area.

Big hugs Scott ❤️

8 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

Prowl has the longest duration of all the invisibility powers, being a toggle (and the cloak arrow allowing you to safely use an energy restore). The limited mobility is to prevent you from being a god (although you can still roll, and many still use it 90% of the time). The extra energy cost on melee is to prevent you from using melee combos to bypass the movement limitation. You may use operators for the mobility, but it is still a handcap.

All invisibility powers except Prowl last indefinitely when built to do so, with the only source of energy regain necessary being a single Energy Siphon aura. Prowl's only feature is the longest literally AFK/non-interaction duration.

All other invisibility powers can also be made to confer zero windows of opportunity for the enemies (courtesy of timed Rolling Guard) while possessing all mobility options.

Octavia doesn't even need a mod to retain 100% uptime with 100% sustainability only through E.Siphon and she not only keeps all parkour abilities, she gets even more mobile thanks to the other buffs that come along in that ability including movement speed.

Fat-Rolling doesn't even come close to maintaining Warframe's control, pace and mobility. Vertical movement especially suffers, since her dashwires are yet-another energy and time tax to place if mandatory to get around in prowl.

The extra cost on melee applies to damaging strikes (every event even if it's connecting with multiple enemies per swing, hitting containers, etc), so in an empty space you can still use combos to move around. Frankly I think you made that justification up on the spot. Since the other stealths also confer.. stealth, the stealth-melee multiplier is still not a reason for this arbitrary drawback on just Prowl, either.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

All invisibility powers except Prowl last indefinitely when built to do so, with the only source of energy regain necessary being a single Energy Siphon aura. Prowl's only feature is the longest literally AFK/non-interaction duration.

All other invisibility powers can also be made to confer zero windows of opportunity for the enemies (courtesy of timed Rolling Guard) while possessing all mobility options.

Octavia doesn't even need a mod to retain 100% uptime with 100% sustainability only through E.Siphon and she not only keeps all parkour abilities, she gets even more mobile thanks to the other buffs that come along in that ability including movement speed.

Fat-Rolling doesn't even come close to maintaining Warframe's control, pace and mobility. Vertical movement especially suffers, since her dashwires are yet-another energy and time tax to place if mandatory to get around in prowl.

The extra cost on melee applies to damaging strikes (every event even if it's connecting with multiple enemies per swing, hitting containers, etc), so in an empty space you can still use combos to move around. Frankly I think you made that justification up on the spot. Since the other stealths also confer.. stealth, the stealth-melee multiplier is still not a reason for this arbitrary drawback on just Prowl, either.

Fine, you have some points, I need to recognize that.

In my opinion Octavia's eternal invisibility should be nerfed, because that it is busted. It is already bad enough she draws aggro and has a scalling ability. One simple way would to prevent recast until expiration. Yes, I know you can use rolling guard to safely recast it, but it requires attention and risk from your part, even if it isn't that much. Ivara, however, is too easy.

An unmodded Ivara Prime can already go 5 min invisible if immobile, and 1.5min if moving. But thinking about it, you could allow normal movement if the energy drain was higher, going from 3 to 12 energy/s or something (affected by mods) over the spam of 5 seconds if you are moving. You have to compensate the fact that her ability is a toggle, and need far less modding compared to Loki and Ash. As for extra energy cost on melee, this could be removed if the change above is implemented. 

Edited by HolySeraphin
  • Like 1
On 2020-10-10 at 6:28 PM, DrivaMain said:

We have some hope for these old frames. So why not brainstorm for some rework ideas?

Limbo and Tesla Bank synergy should be placed back in game. It was a buff and fun. Thank you DE for the nerf.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

Scotty , first of all consider giving also some love to MANY casting speed abilities, alot of them feel clunky to use without Natural Talent.

Ps:  🤩 Natural Talent exilus slot when ? 🤩

I think a lot of abilities need one-handed casting without interrupting firing, reloading and movement. I really don't know when I can find the shooting window when playing as Protea. Other frames need too, but Protea is an indicator of the problem. 

Grendel-
Difficulty to get should play into a frames power. Thus Grendel should be the currently most OP as you need full starchart run enough arbitrations to get all keys and 3 very hard missions with no mods. 

Feast or passive
1-2 enemies in gut energy gained at a slow rate
3+ energy drain as is currently

Nourish
Double base duration Current duration not worth building on

Regurgitate 
Bigger splash and hitbox as well as armor strip on enemy hit and spit up

Pulverize 
Better handling maybe a small dash so you can turn easier 

Zephyr-

Airburst
Needs a much wider cone on the pull and for Probably for Zephyr only while in the air explosion does more damage on the push

Tornados 
Fix pathing where they hunt enemies like octavias bass and have a Hold mechanic to paint a target where they dont move from. 

Gara-
Spectrorage
Reduce cost and increase pull range

Inaros-
Sandstorm
Needs a reason to use and since his CC kit is already good the DPS on this needs to increase a ton

Ember

Fireball

Exalted flamethrower (primary weapon) :

• 100% status chance
  • Energy drain only when fire
  • Heat jauge increase energy drain
  • Heat jauge increase base damage depending of mobs level (for exemple Heat Level*Mobs Level*Base Damage)
  • Range mod increase cone dispertion
  • Duration increase reach
  • Power strenght increase critical chance
  • Increase Heat jauge with a flat amount (doesn't change the rate)

Immolation

• Remove drain depending of Heat jauge
  • Reduce Heat jauge from a flat amount with each incoming damage

I would do this topic today but since is already here lets go. Each frame needs an adjustment and some need more. I did it in mind that I want to do something with each frame.

Ash: Ash doesnt need change, he is an A tier Frame and can be used anywhere but since this is a Buff List lets do it with his Shuriken.

His Shuriken is great because of the augment of course but without it is pretty meaningless,  without taking much I think his Shurikens could be best with a single increase in damage and/ or range.

Atlas: Atlas is a great frame but his major weakness is that he has to stop "punching" to produce his rubble so making him really hard to stack. 

Petrify should be a Buff to his attacks and skills that grants a new status that petrifies enemys when reaches 100% on Atlas, Enemies that turns into stone produces a large ammount of rubble and the other ones produces really small amounts.

Banshee: As a Product of her time, Banshee was the best frame in some metas but now she is pretty bad as a B or C warframe, her kit in general is pretty simple but unnafective in this days, as crazy as it gets I would buff her Silence.

Silence is a skill that builds Banshee in different ways and because of that its not good to have Silence Active with long duration and range. Silence could send waves between 4 os 5 seconds to stun enemies nearby, her range reduced and also grants Banshee Evasion.

Baruuk: Pretty much the god of damage, Baruuk doesnt need a buff at all, since Im doing this lets take his Helminth Skill, Lull.

Lull is a cc hability that is pretty unreliable, but since is a pretty good one and can lock down corridors I think increasing its range and slow would be great on it.

Chroma: Chroma is strange, a new strange. Chroma has the best Skills so far in his Elemantal Ward and Vex Armor and since his Effigy is a free credit bonus I think we should talk about the obvious one.

Spectral Scream is good in concept but terrible in perfomance, the way I would change it would be Increasing its Range and damage, OR make it create more beams out one target, much like Kuva Nukor does, so it can be a realiable CC hability.

Ember: Ember is pretty great, much like Ash I think she is now an A tier frame, lets do it with her Fireball.

Fireball should be Bigger as her Immolation level is increased, so it will make more visible when the buff is active and also benefits this hability.

Equinox: Equinox DOES NOT need a buff, but if DE wants to do something with her is obvius her first hability or her passive.

Metamorphosis Bonus and duration increased, Health and Energy conversion from her passive Increased.

Excalibur: Since Excalibur is pretty good and basic the way I would change him is only his passive.

Instead of damage and speed while using swords, Excalibur should gain a speed and range buffs to his melee atacks that scales with combo counter. That also applies to his ultimate.

Frost: Frost is god. His passive is pretty useless but I want to focus on his 2 Ice Wave.

Ice Wave should have 2 interactions, the first one creates a carpet of ice slowing enemies and granting Cold status to them and the second one freezes all enemies with Cold Status. Also His ultimate would deal Addional Damage to every enemies thats already frozen.

Gara: Once the most broken frame her real problem was always Spectrorage.

Spectrorage should Blind enemies on cast and works much like her ultimate, absorving damage from all directions but with much less range and reliability.

Garuda: I really hate Garuda, she has such a cool Theme but I really Hate Stations but I think that her problem is her passive doesnt interact with any part of her kit BUT... 

Bloodletting should give her an armor of blood, much like Rhino Iron Skin, based on health consumed, making her Status Immune and allowing access to her great Passive.

Gauss: Gauss is great, He doesnt need more buffs but I would touch his 2, kinetic Plating.

Kinetic Plating should Give energy based on the current level of the battery when damaged, he almost never could be hit and this skill almost have no use.

Grendel: The biggest meme in warframe. Grendel is actually great but his reliabilty in consuming enemies is pretty bad lets just think that he had his Breakfeast while home.

Nourish and Pulverize does not need enemies inside his belly, Increase the damage on Regurgitate based on enemies inside his belly.

Harrow: Harrow is broken and you know why. The only thing that bugs me is his Penance costing Shields AND energy.

Penance no longer costs Energy.

Hildryn: Big momma comes to rescue, her kit is awesome but could be touched in 2 of her skills.

Balefire does decent damage but need more Fire rate. Aegis Storm need more lift range to be actually useful since the penalty for not being able to use weapons is too big.

Hydroid: His kit has much synergy but that doesnt mean he has a boring passive playstyle. Hydroid needs more to his puddle.

Undertow movement speed increased to base sprint speed at cost of energy.

Inaros: Inaros doesnt have any use to his kit, cmom DE.

Devour and Passive Damage is % of enemy health. Sand Clones of Devour have now a Base duration of 10 seconds. Sandstorm increase the Speed of Inaros instead of Decreasing and deals damage based on Scarab Swarm Level. More fun please.

Ivara: My true love in warframe, but sadly she has no use to the main missions and squad like missions on the star chart. But instead of trading her actual use in game, lets change her most lackluster skill.

Navigator only does something on projectiles, instead of only that: Hitscan weapons have and addional chance to hit multiples enemies in range. Energy is drained while active this way.

Khora: We all know we have to talk about Venari.

Instead of changing Venari's Mode. Venari commands her kitty in this way: Ally or Floor, Cure ally or Khora. Enemy, Chain enemy and attack. Wall, Venari attacks the nearby enemies stunning them for a while dealing Slash procs.

Limbo: Actually he doesnt need a Buff but a change.

Cataclysm doesnt explode in contact with nullifiers, instead shrinks faster.

Loki: Its Decoy.

Loki's Decoy is useless unless on certain maps that we can make it not taking a Hit, making it much like a Hologram would be great. Decoy doesnt take damage and is only Duration Based.

Mag: Mag's Greatest Weakness is Infested so lets make her a Lil more reliable in Deimos.

Polarize now works on Infested making them Slower based on damage dealt.

Mesa: A simple quality of life change.

Ballistic Battery now Charges slower but does 100% additional damage on cast, duration base buff with only 2 seconds at 100%, Mesa already build a lot of duration. Does not affect os its affected by Peacemaker.

Mirage: Simple as Mesa.

Mirage's Eclipse is affected by her Habilities Brightness. Prism + Eclipse = Damage buff in any case.

Nekros: Nekros weakness is in his Soul Punch. His Terrify could use some love too.

Soul punch now does what it saids, Nekros punch the soul out of the enemy creating a syphon of life in the location, enemies are drained in the area by % of their maximun life, this does not regen health to any allies neither Nekros. Terrify should have more colors from the enemies affected, we cant distinghish them from normal enemies only based on their movement.

Nezha: Doesnt need any buffs but maybe...

Blazing Chakram Debuffs enemies making them take more damage from all sources.

Nidus: Doesnt need buffs at all just...

Nidus gains movement speed with stacks of mutation.

Nova: Quality of nuke changed.

Antimatter Drop absorved damage is affected by Power Strenght.

Nyx: Nyx is one way the tankiest frame and the other way the squishiest.

Chaos Reduces Agroo on Nyx and Allies making enemies priority on other enemies. Absorb increases Nyx Agroo rate making her the center of enemies attention regardless of Chaos.

Oberon: Oberon's kit is pretty balanced.

Reckoning cost less energy.

Octavia: Octavia needs more control of her ball.

Resonator only pick up Mallet if its cast after Mallet.

Protea: The only bad skill on her kit is actually the one she was first design of.

Temporal Anchor: Area base, No longer refunds energy, Protea is invincible during duration, All enemies in the area are stopped in time, she can build up to 6 Blazing Artillery and only use melee to deal damage, Duration reduced. Do you remember Za warudo Limbo?

Revenant: I really hate this guy, for me he need a complete rework but now lets focus on his weakest point.

Enthrall makes specters of the enemies killed on its effects, casting Reave now makes the specters explode in the area.

Rhino: CHARGEEEEEE

Rhino Charge now makes him run and damage all enemies in the area, more like a running man then a Dash, each enemy hit increased its damage and enemies are knocked down, not reliable but sure would be fun.

Saryn: Its legal to buff her?

New Passive: Enemies affected by status nearby increase the movement speed of Saryn by %.

Titania: Pretty good frame already.

Razorwing Flies takes damage instead of Titania while active.

Trinity: Link is not very useful to her.

Increased the maximum ammount of link targets to 5, damage reduction is now 90%, enemies linked are slowed for the duration.

Valyr: Oh boi, Rage kitty is back.

Rip Line now makes Valkyr dash to the target and kicks him creating AOE damage area aroung it, damage is affected by melee and combo counter.

Vauban: Its legal do buff him?

Minelayer: Overdriver granade grants shield regen to allies affected and now is area based.

Volt: Not much to say.

New Passive: Everytime he moves he gains charge, when the charge is at 100 Volt deal Eletric Damage and Status to enemies around him.

Wisp: Wisp is an all around support with great skills, she doesnt need any buff but.

Visual upgrades to enemies affect by Breach Surge and when she is invisible in the air.

Wukong: Really his worst is actually his Passive.

Wukong should be able to get his buffs when he "Conquers" certain amounts of "achievements".
Primal forces: 500 kills = Elemental Damage buff for 30 seconds.
Heavenly Cloak: 10.000 of energy spent. = Invisibility for 30 seconds.
Cosmic Armour: 10.000 of Damage Taken. = Invulnerable for 30 seconds.
Monkey Luck: Pick up 1000 Resources. = Extra loot for 60 Seconds.
Sly Alchemy: Pick up 100 Globes. = Orbs 4x more effective for 60 seconds.

I think he doesnt need to prevent death, and the buffs are not limited per mission, Play more and gets rewarded.

Xaku: .... I have not much to say to it, I just dont like it.

The Lost: Gaze: Creates an Area of Effect that drains armor and stuns enemies caught for a while using tendrils from the void.  Deny: Hits one enemy than the beam channels to Other enemies nearby.

Zephyr: Zephyr kit should be more CC focused since nothing does damage, and realiability is her most commom weakness.

Tornado: Creates a Single Tornado in the area, big enough to draw enemies nearby, much like Vauban Vortex, when the Tornado ends, all enemies are dragged to the center. Funnel Clouds remains the same.

Shuriken could have a hold to cast to release a "storm of shurikens", similar mechanic to charging tempest barrage but in a cone in front of him. In a horde based game this is what shuriken really needs, the ability to hit multiple targets.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, operational said:

Titania: Pretty good frame already.

Razorwing Flies takes damage instead of Titania while active

Your idea is useless.

First reason. Razorfly have 240 hp and have almost no armor, their only defense is a shieldgate. 1 status on you and they will die in 1 second. No, it won't work like Nekros shadows with millions of hp.

Second reason. Razorfly are already generating aggression by diverting the attention of enemies to themselves. It is more profitable for me that they do not receive damage at all.

So I don't agree that Titania is okay. It has a lot of bugs and bad mechanics. Spellbind makes enemies more difficult to kill. Tribute is not convenient and only 1 buff is useful. Lantern allows enemies to do many things and even now, you cannot safely hack into the console because the enemies will ignore the lantern and just kill you. Razorwing is her only good thing, but it limits very much and actually disables many interactions with the game and equipment. Titania has 6 weapons on one mission, but normally can only use 2 and one of them is a useless Divata, and the other is a niche.

Edited by selig_fay
On 2020-10-10 at 7:37 PM, Azamagon said:

I'll chime in with my ideas from the Helminth thread (so, these are all the Subsume abilities). Might change some of these later, as my thoughts on these have changed a bit, but I have to go to bed right now. So, for now:

Ash - Shuriken

• Casting changes:
    • Tapcast = Throw a homing shuriken which bounces over to 1/1/2/2 targets. Homing bounce-range affected by Range.
    • Holdcast = Throw a shuriken that goes straight forward, and has 1/1/2/2 meter punchthrough. Punchthrough affected by Range.
  • Effect changes = Now also lowers armor by 35%, or shields by 35% if the target has no armor (Strength-moddable). Staggers all struck enemies. Furthermore, at any time when an enemy is bleeding from Shuriken, if the bleed-damage of Shuriken (and Bladestorm, only relevant to Ash) is currently enough to kill the enemy, all this bleed-damage is dealt instantly, killing the target.
  • Augment = Seeking Shuriken Crippling Shuriken = Armor and shield reduction effects are doubled (i.e. 70%), and makes enemies unable to move on their own while they are bleeding from Shuriken.

Atlas - Petrify

• Energycost = Reduced to 50
  • Augment = Imo all loot-boosting abilities and augments should be removed while raising base dropchances across the board (farming skills are dull and promotes repetitiveness in an unhealthy fashion). I know that will be met with harsh feedback though, so I'll suggest this instead: Make killing Petrified enemies drop health orbs, and maybe a small chance of dropping energy orbs?

Banshee - Silence Crippling Silence

• Casting changes = Recast the ability midduration to remove the effect from Banshee.
  • Effect changes = In addition, enemies struck by Crippling Silence's distorting sound now also have their vision radius reduced to a mere 5 meters (pseudostealth!)
  • Augment = Savage Silence = Enemies opened to finishers from this augment are not just temporarily finishable, they are finisher-opened similar to how it works with blind-effects (you may use a Finisher on them once per cast).

Baruuk - Lull

• Effect changes = Recastable to make a new field somewhere else, but this removes the old field.

Chroma - Elemental Ward

• Honestly, I feel Chroma needs a bigger rework, but in the meantime:
  • Casting changes:
    • Tapcast = Cast the chosen elemental ward (recasting this = turn off the old one, and apply the new one)
    • Holdcast = Cycle the elemental ward (read on Ivara's Quiver for a new casting mechanic in regards to these "cycle abilities")
  • Effect changes:
    • Heat Ward = Buff on self is X healthregen per second (instead of max health). The effect on enemies remain the same (Heat DoT aura).
    • Electric Ward = Buff on self is X% shieldmax and X% shieldregeneration speed. The effect on enemies remain the same (stored up reflective Electric attack, but now with 100% status chance at all times).
    • Toxic Ward = Buff on self is X% movementspeed (instead of holster and reloadspeed). The effect on enemies remain the same (scaling Toxic DoT aura).
    • Ice Ward = Buff on self is X% armorbonus. The effect on enemies remain the same (reflective Ice attack, but now also works on melee attacks).
  • Augment = Everlasting Ward = Current effects baked in by default. New effects and name on this augment:
    • Essence Ward = When affected by any Elemental Ward, Chroma and allies gain X energyregen per second.

Ember - Fire Blast

Equinox - Rage (Rest is fine as is, imo)

• Effect changes = Staggers enemies on application. Also, for the duration an enemy is affected by Rage, it disarms them, forcing them to use their melee weapon.

Excalibur - Radial Blind

• Augment = Radiant Finish = In addition, killing enemies with finishers heals you for X health (a few hundred health or so).

Frost - Ice Wave

• Effect changes = Procs slash on enemies as well. Pushes back enemies who are frozen (maybe take away the pushback from Snow Globe?).
  • Augment = Ice Wave Impedance = Also boosts you and your allies' movement, slide and parkour speeds when on the ice slicks by X%. Cast time of Ice Wave also boosted by 25/50/75/100%.

Gara - Spectrorage

• Effect changes = Charm radius doubled. Causes knockdown on carousel collapse. Recasting midduration collapses the carousel manually (Note: You now need to cast twice to place a new one midduration, as the first "recast" only collapses it first). Also collapses upon time-expiration (not just on X mirrors shattered).

Garuda - Blood Altar

• Not sure what to add/change tbh (if that's even needed - I guess it's fine?)

Gauss - Thermal Sunder

• Imo, this is pretty ok as is. CC, moderate nuke, different status procs, and it lingers in an area.

Grendel - Nourish

• Seems fine as it's suggested as well. Heal and damagebuff should be useful enough.

Harrow - Condemn

• Augment = Tribunal = Current augment effects are now baked into the ability by default. New effects = Increases Condemn's shieldgain by 20/30/40/50%, and also grants 25/50/75/100% of the total shieldgain to all allies within Affinity Range

Hildryn - Pillage

• Augment = Blazing Pillage = The heat-bonus no longer requires Haven to be active (in turn, makes the augment function fully for non-Hildryn users)

Hydroid - Tempest Barrage

• Imo, Hydroid needs a complete rework, so I feel there needs to be more significant tweaks to him and his kit overall. However, in the meantime:
  • Casting changes = No longer has a holdcast; tapcast yields the current maximum effect, but remaining at 25 energycost.
  • Effect changes = First blast covers the entire area (meaning at least ONE salvo will hit everything in the AoE). Each hit not only deal damage and knock enemies down, it now also removes X base armor (similar to Shattering Impact), or X base shields if the target has no armor.
  • Augment = Corrosive Barrage Abyssal Barrage = Each barrage now causes Cold procs on enemies (instead of Corrosive, due to the ability already being suggested to strip armor and shields by default), while restoring X shields for Hydroid and allies caught in its blasts.

Inaros - Desiccation

• Augment = Desiccation's Curse = Chance to spawn a Sand Shadow is raised to 35/55/75/100% (from 35/50/60/75%), and additionally also increases the range of Desiccation by 15/25/35/50%. Sand Shadows now last until they die.

Ivara - Quiver

• Helminth changes = Now allows all Arrows for non-Ivara users.
  • Effect changes:
    • Dashwire Arrow = Hold the X-button for 1.5 seconds while on a Dashwire to remove the wire.
    • Noise Arrow Cricket Arrow = Same as Noise Arrow's current effects, but now it also addtionally causes a singular "vacuum-pulse" on impact, which teleports all currently lootable items (like ammo, credits, health/energy orbs etc) on the ground and gives it to Ivara. The "vacuum-pulse" radius is 20 meters (same as the noise effect). This finally gives this arrow a clear midcombat utility, which fits in particular with Ivara's "sitting up on a Dashwire" playstyle.
  • Casting mechanic suggestion = Please, seriously consider this "Cycle Abilities" casting revamp/option for massive QoL potential -> https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1186958-quiver-and-minelayer-like-abilities-a-new-casting-option-the-quick-access-numerical-menu/?tab=comments#comment-11519968

Khora - Ensnare

• Casting changes = Make it a onehanded cast (or at least free the legs so you can move while casting)

Limbo - Banish

• I feel Limbo also needs a rework to be more team-friendly (as suggested here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1210621-limbo-and-grendel-reworks-partially-in-reaction-to-heart-of-deimos-ability-swapping/)
  • If you don't wanna check the link, here are the changes to Banish (now called Rift Blast), straight from said rework:
  • Still casts a conical wave of rift energy. It violently explodes on enemies and gently guards your allies.
  • All effects now take place on all allies/enemies in the cast area, regardless of which plane Limbo is in!
  • On enemies: Enemies struck by Rift Blast are dealt 150/300/450/600 Impact damage and are all knocked down, while also being slowed by 65/70/75/80% for 3/4/5/6 seconds. They are NOT put into the Rift though. Furthermore, they are also affected by a debuff called Rift Touch, which lasts for 10/15/20/25 seconds. Enemies affected by Rift Touch are susceptible to Stasis' freezing effect (so that's only relevant to Limbo users), regardless of which plane they are in, and also pauses the slowdown of Rift Blast until Stasis wears off!
  • On allies: On allies: Allies are put inside the Rift and gain Limbo's passive effects for 10/15/20/25 seconds (including the toggle on/off being in the Rift on rolling - note that it doesn't remove the Rift Blast BUFF though). This means it is no longer disruptive for your allies, as not only do they get out of the Rift when shooting/meleeing/hacking etc (as per Limbo's passive), they can still also toggle it on/off whenver they want (The reason for being able to completely toggle it on/off is because perhaps a player is a Rage-user, and WANTS to get hit etc)
    • For reference on what Limbo's passive is in detail, please check the link above. TL;DR version though, is that it functions more like Ivara's Prowl (if you shoot/press buttons etc, you pop back into the real world temporarily)
  • Augment = Rift Haven Rift Mend = Instead, heals 2% of max health every second on allies affected by Rift Blast. This healing increases to 5% per second if they remain in the Rift. Limbo grants himself this regen-buff too whenever he cast Rift Blast (for the same duration as his Rift Blast would last on allies)
    • Since Helminth users of this ability+augment can't access the Rift without the help of another Limbo, they are then restricted to the lesser heal.

Loki - Decoy

• Casting changes = Recast the ability midduration to kill the Decoy manually (Note: You now need to cast twice to place a new decoy midduration, as the first "recast" only kills the first)
  • Effect changes = When the Decoy dies (be it by losing health, expiring in time or with the manual "detonation"), the Decoy blinds enemies in 3/4/5/6 meter radius (Radius-moddable) for 4/5/6/7 seconds (Duration-moddable), which opens up enemies for finishers. Also, upon the 2-ish seconds of placing a Decoy, the Decoy is immortal (during which damage taken is converted to health, ala Snow Globe and Molt etc)
  • Augment = Savior Decoy = This augment now also buffs the blinding radius by X%.
  • Augment = Deceptive Bond = In PvE, the Decoy just absorbs damage from Loki (i.e. the Decoy-to-Loki damage is removed)

Mag - Pull

• Effect changes = On cast, makes a landing "beacon" slightly in front of Mag, which is the point towards which enemies will be attempted to be dragged (basicly working as an anchor point so they don't fly past her, but rather tries to neatly place enemies in front of her). Also forces a Magnetic proc on enemies. Energy orb drop chance no longer requires specifically killing with Pull, but rather only that enemies are killed within 5/6/7/8 seconds (Duration-moddable) of being affected by Pull.
  • Augment = Greedy Pull = In addition, also grants a 25/50/75/100% chance that enemies who are carrying ranged weapons will have their magazines ejected, creating a random ammodrop from them and forcing the enemies to reload when they stand up again (Note: Enemies need to reload before being able the generate another ammodrop from them with Greedy Pull. Also note: Greedy Pull's loot-pull effect should of course automatically bring this ammodrop to you on the same cast).

Mesa - Shooting Gallery

• Augment = Muzzle Flash = Whenever ANYONE affected by Shooting Gallery (including Mesa herself now) gets 6 kills, the next shot by Mesa will blind enemies within 6/8/10/12 meters for 3/4/5/6 seconds. So, basicly the same, but now allows Mesa herself to trigger it (making it an augment you can use solo).

Mirage - Eclipse

• Helminth changes = No longer has its nerf-rule applied.
  • Casting changes:
    • Tapcast = Activate the ability
    • Holdcast = While the ability is active, holdcast to lock in the current Eclipse status light/shadow-status. Holdcast again to go back the to variable version
    • Augment = Total Eclipse = Revamped: Spawns 2 pillars of light and 2 pillars of shadows near Mirage (one in each of her "corner", like at the end of an X-shape), lasting 8/9/10/12 seconds each. Mirage or allies standing in a pillar of light generates 0,5/1/1,5/2 energy per second, while a pillar of shadow generates 5/10/15/20 health per second (both effects strength-moddable). Note: Standing in a pillar count as 100% light or 100% shadows (depending on the type) for Eclipse's effects (obviously very convenient for the new light/shadow "lockin" function), while standing in the centre of all 4 pillars counts as 50/50 light/shadow (which is the spot you'll be upon casting the ability).

Nekros - Terrify

• Effect changes = Affects all enemies in the radius (no longer target-limitted). No longer reduces armor, but instead increases all damage taken of affected enemies by 15/25/35/50% (still Strength-moddable), which now also affects Bosses. Further more, if an affected enemy has ran away in fear for 3 seconds (non-moddable) without taking any damage, they will stand still and cower in fear, until they take damage again (resetting the 3 second "cower-countdown"). Added so it doesn't disperse enemies TOO much without the augment.
  •  Augment = Creeping Terrify = Also multiplicatively increases the damage amplification on affected enemies by 10% (Strength-moddable!) per second that they have been affected (up to a max of +100%, with this cap NOT Strength-moddable, since the damage-amp of the base effect is already modifiable by Strength).

Nezha - Firewalker

• Imo, is fine as is. Speedboost, CC+minor damage and status-cleansing.

Nidus - Larva

• Helminth changes = No longer has its nerf-rule
  • Effect changes = Enemies killed, in any fashion, while grabbed by Larva, grants 1 Mutation-point (i.e. 5th of a Mutation-stack) to Nidus (only relevant to Nidus). Can be cancelled by recasting midduration by default, but then gains a 1 second cooldown before being able to recast.
  • Augment = Larva Burst = Also adds +50% duration to Larva.

Nova - Null Star

• Casting changes:
    • Tapcast with the ability not active = Activate the ability (defaults to defensive mode)
    • Tapcast with the ability active = Toggle between defensive mode and offensive mode.
      • Defensive mode = Protects Nova from harm. Upon being hit or when afflicted by a status effect, one orb is consumed, granting 1 second of 30/40/50/60% damage protection (including protecting against the triggering hit, and values are unmoddable) and status immunity for 1 second, during which another orb cannot be consumed. Visually, the orbs orbit around Nova in the current fashion when in this mode.
      • Offensive mode = Attacks enemies close to Nova. When an enemy gets within 7/8/10/12 meters range, one orb is launched at the enemy, dealing 100/125/150/200 Radiation damage, staggering the target and proccing Radiation status on it. 1 second attack cooldown, and prioritizes enemies not affected by Radiation procs. Visually, the orbs orbit around Nova in a more erratic pattern in this mode.
    • Holdcast with the ability active = Remove all Null Star orbs (the orbs just dissipate), allowing for a recast.
  • Augment = Neutron Star = Holdcasting to remove the ability will explode the remaining particles, dealing 100 damage per particle and knocks down all targets within 4/5/6/8 meters (iinstead of just Blast proc).

Nyx - Mind Control

• Effect changes = In addition, 30/40/50/60% (unmoddable) of Nyx's damage taken is redirected to the Mind Controlled target (which is dealt to it upon the Mind Control release). Opposite applies while Nyx uses Absorb (only relevant to Nyx using it). The ability is no longer cancelled by Radiation procs.
  • Augment = Mind Freak = In addition, the Mind Controlled target's attacks has a 100% chance to proc Radiation, with a 8/7/6/5 second cooldown.

Oberon - Smite

• Unchanged, as it's good as it is.

Octavia - Resonator

• Casting changes:
    • Tapcast = Summon a Resonator, like now.
    • Tapcast on environment/enemy midduration = Redirect the Resonator to a set spot/target, where it will remain afterwards.
    • Tapcast on the Resonator midduration = Set the Resonator to wander freely.
    • Holdcast = Unsummon the Resonator.
  • Augment = Conductor = Increases the movement speed of the Resonator by 15/25/35/50% when manually directed, and causes enemies charmed by Resonator to suffer 15/25/35/50% more damage taken from all sources. No longer considered an Exilus mod.

Protea - Dispensary

• Helminth changes = No longer has its nerf-rule.

Revenant - Reave

• Effect changes = Also has a base effect of 40/60/80/100 True damage, and restores 20/30/40/50 health and shields (this is on top of the max% effects!). If Revenant has full health, all excess health-healing will be converted to restore his shields - and vice versa. All shield-healing from this ability is capable of producing Overshields.

Rhino - Roar

• Effect changes = Can be recast by default. Staggers enemies in the radius. Boost rescaled to 15/25/35/50% (from 10/15/25/50%).
  • Augment = Piercing Roar = Adds 5 Puncture procs, instead of just 1, and adds +200% status duration to those Puncture-procs.
    • Augment (alternatively) = Piercing Roar Invigorating Roar = Causes affected allies to gain +5/10/15/20% movementspeed and 2/4/6/8 health regeneration per second.

Saryn - Molt

• Casting changes = Recast the ability midduration to kill the Molt-decoy manually (Note: You now need to cast twice to place a new Molt-decoy midduration, as the first "recast" only kills the first)

Titania - Spellbind

• Effect changes = Radius increased to 3/4/5/6 meters (from 1/3/3/5). Affected enemies will only float away (with very little momentum) for a brief moment, then they will be locked in place in mid-air.
  • Augment = Spellbound Harvest = Tweaked to grant 3/5/7/10 energy per affected target (Instead of needing to hit 4 or more enemies to grant 50 energy).

Trinity - Well of Life

• Augment = Pool of Life Force of Life = When Well of Life ends in any way, 4/5/6/8 projectiles are launched out from the target's position, homing onto other nearby targets, with each projectile dealing True damage equal to 40/60/80/100% of the amount of damage dealt to the Well of Life target.

Valkyr - Warcry

• Casting changes = Recastable at any time.
  • Effect changes = Attackspeed boost rescaled to 15/25/35/50% (from 10/15/25/50%). When you kill 6 enemies (unmodifiable) with melee weapons, a free mini-Warcry is released again, only doing the sloweffect on enemies (no buffing on allies/Valkyr) in half the radius.

Vauban - Tesla Nervos

• Effect changes = Always throws 4 Tesla Nervos, no need to holdcast.

Volt - Shock

• Effect changes = Debuffs affected enemies with 3/4/5/6 static charges (Duration-moddable). Every 2 seconds, one static charge is consumed, releasing another small electric shock, dealing 20/30/40/50 Electric damage to the debuffed target and one additional enemy within 7/10/12/15 radius of the debuffed target. This shock has 100% Electric status chance too.

Wisp - Breach Surge

• Imo, is good as is. It has both CC and a form of damage-amplifcation.

Wukong - Defy

• Helminth changes = No longer has its nerf-rule (I mean, it already has a cap anyway)
  • Effect changes = Its damage radius now is applied in a spherical area (so you can hit flying units better etc). Minimum armor bonus is raised to 100 armor (from 50), and this is affected by Strength-mods.
  • Sidenote: I honestly feel this should be swapped to Cloudwalker, as Defy feels far more "signature" to Wukong's nature than Cloudwalker does.

Zephyr - Air Burst

• Effect changes:
    • Tapcast = The pull-in effect functions continually for 4 seconds (duration-moddable) in the full radius, like a mini-Vortex. Tornado has higher enemy-moving priority though (only relevant for Zephyr)
    • Holdcast = The pushback effect functions contiually for 4 seconds (duration-moddable) in the full radius, functioning like a small repelling windbased forcefield. Again, Tornado has higher enemy-moving priority though (only relevant for Zephyr)

What do you think folks? Any good, or anything TOO good perhaps? What else could need some changing?

Holy moly this is quite the list. I like a lot of the changes you made here.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, operational said:

Ash: Ash doesnt need change, he is an A tier Frame and can be used anywhere but since this is a Buff List lets do it with his Shuriken.

Ash actually does need changes, he has issues most ppl don`t know about but is obvious. Also that`s incorrect, he can`t be used anywhere. Like I keep saying to ppl, take him to Earth defence with a team and use bladestorm and you will see what happens. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Hanarambe said:

Holy moly this is quite the list. I like a lot of the changes you made here.

Well, those are just the "helminthable" abilities, I only quoted that from the official thread, as I really don't have the energy to go through all the abilities needing changes (which would be like 99% of them).

But I guess focusing on the actually really, REALLY weak abilities like Spectral Scream, Ballistic Battery etc, should be prioritized - some of those I've listed aren't the bottom of the barrel (some of them are obviously even awesome).

4 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Ash actually does need changes, he has issues most ppl don`t know about but is obvious. Also that`s incorrect, he can`t be used anywhere. Like I keep saying to ppl, take him to Earth defence with a team and use bladestorm and you will see what happens. 

Ash definitely needs a lookover, moreso his Shuriken vs Bladestorm issue - those abilites should help one another, rather than compete (as you've seen me suggest in your thread),

Augmentless Shuriken aside though, he at least functions better than quite a lot of other Warframes, mostly because he has access to stealth. So while I too wish he could get a GOOD revisit, I feel other Warframes are higher priority on that list (Hydroid is in far more dire need of help, for example.)

4 hours ago, Azamagon said:

I feel other Warframes are higher priority on that list (Hydroid is in far more dire need of help, for example.)

When ppl say this I dismiss it. in 2018 DE gave revisits/Qol to over 5 warframes so if DE did it once they can do it again and Ash can be one of them.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
On 2020-10-14 at 5:26 PM, operational said:

Wukong: Really his worst is actually his Passive.

Wukong should be able to get his buffs when he "Conquers" certain amounts of "achievements".
Primal forces: 500 kills = Elemental Damage buff for 30 seconds.
Heavenly Cloak: 10.000 of energy spent. = Invisibility for 30 seconds.
Cosmic Armour: 10.000 of Damage Taken. = Invulnerable for 30 seconds.
Monkey Luck: Pick up 1000 Resources. = Extra loot for 60 Seconds.
Sly Alchemy: Pick up 100 Globes. = Orbs 4x more effective for 60 seconds.

I think he doesnt need to prevent death, and the buffs are not limited per mission, Play more and gets rewarded.

Those passives look terrible tbh, too many variables in there and too much dependency on several factors... having to keep track of how many kills I made just to get a 30 seconds damage boost when DE can just boost the damage where its needed...... The big issue with Wukong is the Iron Staff, Its Damage is terrible and the 3.5m base range is too short for a weapon that drains energy and has literally nothing special, and goes against Wukong's lore.

Same goes for the other passives....

Edited by ZarTham

Eh with chroma I'd actually make the effigy his 1 and make spectral scream a 4 with just a big elemental nuke so the chromas key mechanic of being different elements really shines.   Honestly the best fix to a continuous breath attach using up your actions is to simply have it use up some one else's like the effigies. 

I posted this idea in another thread, but here it is, reworded a bit:

-Radial Javelin is now Radial Blades

Attacking with Excal's 1, 4 or equipped melee builds a meter that allows him to summon swords around himself, pointing outwards from Excal and spinning around him. Summoned swords rapidly do damage to anything nearby, scaling off Exalted Blade's mods and totaling about half the DPS of swinging Exalted Blade, while also providing you with damage reduction for every sword active.

However, once summoned, you can hold down 3 to "arm" the swords. You lose the damage reduction, but the swords spread out to excal's sides and point forward, and will fire at high velocity any time you press M1 or swing your melee, regardless of weapon equipped, using Exalted Blade's full scaling. (maybe more, I'm not sure how good this would actually be) This spends the swords, but you can re-build your meter while they're active, so you can prepare another cast while you're using the last one.

(Basically, it now more or less functions like a cross between Vergil's spectral swords from Devil May Cry and Option A from Strider)

Edited by XaoGarrent
  • Like 1
On 2020-10-11 at 11:31 PM, (XB1)SirMilkfiend said:

Fireblast:

For every enemy struck from a heat proc by this ability warframe gets boosted ability strength, a possibly toned down version of Ember's passive.

Why?

On 2020-10-14 at 5:12 PM, MacIntoc said:

Exalted flamethrower (primary weapon)

No.

On 2020-10-14 at 5:12 PM, MacIntoc said:

Immolation

• Remove drain depending of Heat jauge
  • Reduce Heat jauge from a flat amount with each incoming damage

Unnecessary. Just remove the exponential drain increase or have it cap out at 10-15.