Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Forma Indecision: Wukong vs. Titania

Kemenril

Question

So I'm suffering from major indecision and I cannot make my mind up. Recently got the alert Umbra, which means I have 2 Umbra Forma. I'm saving one for Nezha Prime later this month. But I now have a spare one and I Don't. Know. What. To. Do. 

My major preference is that the frame can productively use all 3 Umbra mods. I don't plan on using it on Saryn or Rhino. 

Current Frames with Umbra Mods: Oberon Prime (obvious choice), Trinity Prime (spur-of-the-moment, probably a mistake in retrospect)

Candidates:

• Wukong Prime: Feels obvious. Definitely makes good use of all 3 U-mods. But...I dunno. Wukong is good but I never quite got into it. I have no doubt it would be godlike, but is it needed?
  • Titania Prime: Doesn't need Umbral Fiber, so this feels like a "meh" choice to me. But it's such a fun frame. I feel like I would make a "glorious mistake" like I did with Trinity (which I don't regret, but it doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake). Anybody who plays Titania use all 3?

Outliers:

• Valkyr Prime: Another obvious choice. I can't honestly think of a reason NOT to use it on Valkyr, but I find her a bit boring TBH. No idea why -- she's very screamy but sorry honey, I'm just not into that. 
  • Ash Prime: The back of my brain is screaming "THIS COULD BE FUN" because whenever I play Ash he is always screaming for MORE -- more range, more strength, etc. But I don't know many who use Umbral Fiber, so...meh? 

15 answers to this question

My vote is on Wukong. His stick may suck now, but rest of his kit makes him really good thanks to his speed. The frames I've current put Umbral forma on are...

• Mesa
  • Chroma
  • Wukong
  • Inaros

Since they have primes, and no amount of normal forma made their builds work.

35 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

I expect titania prime on the next round of female primes.

She's been out for half-a-year...

5 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

My vote is on Wukong. His stick may suck now, but rest of his kit makes him really good thanks to his speed. The frames I've current put Umbral forma on are...

• Mesa
  • Chroma
  • Wukong
  • Inaros

Since they have primes, and no amount of normal forma made their builds work.

She's been out for half-a-year...

All great choices! I think Oberon also makes a decent target for them if you have spare of course.

5 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I think Oberon also makes a decent target for them if you have spare of course.

He is, and thanks to the gift of the lotus I do. But since the helminth system, I tend to use Wisp or a frame with Smite all of the places I used to use Oberon. He's not bad, but my build fits without it, and I don't really use him anymore.

4 hours ago, Kemenril said:

So I'm suffering from major indecision and I cannot make my mind up. Recently got the alert Umbra, which means I have 2 Umbra Forma. I'm saving one for Nezha Prime later this month. But I now have a spare one and I Don't. Know. What. To. Do. 

My major preference is that the frame can productively use all 3 Umbra mods. I don't plan on using it on Saryn or Rhino. 

Current Frames with Umbra Mods: Oberon Prime (obvious choice), Trinity Prime (spur-of-the-moment, probably a mistake in retrospect)

Candidates:

• Wukong Prime: Feels obvious. Definitely makes good use of all 3 U-mods. But...I dunno. Wukong is good but I never quite got into it. I have no doubt it would be godlike, but is it needed?
  • Titania Prime: Doesn't need Umbral Fiber, so this feels like a "meh" choice to me. But it's such a fun frame. I feel like I would make a "glorious mistake" like I did with Trinity (which I don't regret, but it doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake). Anybody who plays Titania use all 3?

Outliers:

• Valkyr Prime: Another obvious choice. I can't honestly think of a reason NOT to use it on Valkyr, but I find her a bit boring TBH. No idea why -- she's very screamy but sorry honey, I'm just not into that. 
  • Ash Prime: The back of my brain is screaming "THIS COULD BE FUN" because whenever I play Ash he is always screaming for MORE -- more range, more strength, etc. But I don't know many who use Umbral Fiber, so...meh? 

Use umbral forma only in  primes, I got a decent umbral valkyr. Use the umbral only for prime frames, I used mine in Mesa prime, also umbral its good in tanky on your face kind of frames, stealth/buff based frames are not too good with it, In my opinion Titania nor ash exploit it for the best.

3 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

He is, and thanks to the gift of the lotus I do. But since the helminth system, I tend to use Wisp or a frame with Smite all of the places I used to use Oberon. He's not bad, but my build fits without it, and I don't really use him anymore.

Shame, if they do perform some revisions that aren't just nerfs with a different name; I hope Oberon proves more useful in the future along with your favored warframes.

My umbra frames:

• Ember
  • Valkyr
  • Nidus

I have 2 umbra forma to spare.

I'd like grendel, wisp, Garuda at some point but they arent primes....  Atlas is a super fun tank.  I dont know how he shot up my usage boards like he did but one day I looked and he was already top 6 lol.  

I dont use forma unless I plan on spending a hell of a lot of time with a frame AND it requires umbra to free up space/fit an exilus.  I sat with those extra umbra forma for a year now lol.  

Wukong is a good frame, except for his 4, and yes, using Umbra Forma for Umbral Vitality, Umbral Fiber, and Umbra Intensify will make him and his Celestial clone very hard to kill. Wukong Prime is probably my most played frame, and not because I love playing him, but because he performs solidly for a variety of content, especially when solo.

I haven't played Titania yet, but she sounds like a Buff/CC/Mobility frame as opposed to Wukong, who tends to lean more towards Tank/Mobility. Also, in builds for Titania, people really only use Umbral Intensify, and not the other two Umbral mods.

Valkyr is another strong choice that often utilizes all three Umbral mods, but if you think she's really boring than there's no point in putting it in.

Ash is okay, but in my opinion he gets sort of boring to play after a while, and he can already get tanky using Arcane Ultimatum and Fatal Teleport, which are more cheap and common compared to Umbra Forma. Also, Ash has the least CC/AoE dmg compared to all the other frames, so I wouldn't really waste an Umbra Forma on him if playing solo.

In the end though, it's all just a game. Use it on whichever frame you think is best! 

Well, you disqualified Saryn in the original post, but that would have been my suggestion. I have a great 0 forma build (for Prime), but could easily upscale it with all 3 Umbral mods - would fit like a glove.

The other thing you said in the OP was you wanted to use it with all 3 Umbra mods - but I have several frames using 2 Umbra mods to great benefit - and if they have other Primed or other 10-rank mods - you get to a point where it is literally impossible to build with your first choice mods in all slots due to total mod cost, even with all slots forma'd. Trying to use U forma only in 3-Umbra builds is a false assumption of utiltiy/economy.

Wukong would be a no-brainer - would fit him like a glove too - thing is, he doesn't really need them, so you get less benefit from them.

Titania? Mine uses U Vitaltity and U Intensify and those are the only to slots not forma'd, BUT, there's no desire to add armor to this build - it wouldn't earn its slot. I would use a U-forma here if I needed it - but it's a 2-Umbral build.

• Pistol Amp, Preparation
  • Umbral Vitality, Redirection, Adaption, Aviator
  • Umbral Intensify, Primed Continuity
  • Primed Flow, Streamline
  • (with maxed Arcane Energize and Arcane Resistance)

- meh - maybe food for thought.

G'Luck! :redveil:

Archived