Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

orokin faction?

teknikalarkitekt

So I was thinking how cool it would be cool to have a revised orokin city.

SO what if the new deimos people send you out to steal Tyl Regor's genetic research and combine it with sister's knowledge of infested and steal Alad V's research into the void and tenno. We combine that all then take samples of corrupted orokin in the void. Once we have enough material, we continue doing quests and stuff to recover material, make research progress, and eventually one update we will have a new orokin city in the void complete with tenno-like void resistance, fully revised genetically engineered orokin

As someone who is currently 100 or so pages into a book to justify just two 'good' Orokin that would be on our side, I'd wager that bringing them back is not going to something we want to do except out of necessity.

The big questions I want you to ask yourself is:

• Why are we bringing them back? What purpose do they serve?
  • Why are they on our side? What common goals do they have?
  • What is the strategy that pinpoints on this being the best trajectory? Is this a compromise?

4 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Are Duviri on our side though? From the trailer it seems like they are hostile, just as most other Orokin have been before them.

I honestly believe the duviri are tenno, and that dax is just something like a revenant that is seeking revenge against us for killing the orokin

5 minutes ago, Helstiir said:

I honestly believe the duviri are tenno, and that dax is just something like a revenant that is seeking revenge against us for killing the orokin

In a sort of 'the king is now dead, so now I'm king' kind of way, or something else? They certainly have child-like bodies and their limbs are either mechanical or stretched grotesquely, but I didn't think for a second they'd be Tenno. Perhaps that is why they referenced wave particle duality at the end of the trailer - that only half of us came back from the Void and the other half is still there in the Void, waiting for us. 

Certainly interesting food for thought and certainly explains why they'd share weapons with us, beyond the most obvious kind of exchange us murderhobos are used to.

On 2020-10-11 at 9:35 AM, Teoarrk said:

In a sort of 'the king is now dead, so now I'm king' kind of way, or something else? They certainly have child-like bodies and their limbs are either mechanical or stretched grotesquely, but I didn't think for a second they'd be Tenno. Perhaps that is why they referenced wave particle duality at the end of the trailer - that only half of us came back from the Void and the other half is still there in the Void, waiting for us. 

Certainly interesting food for thought and certainly explains why they'd share weapons with us, beyond the most obvious kind of exchange us murderhobos are used to.

A fair point, but if I am to be honest, it was not why I believe that the duviri are tenno. No, my reasoning is something very simple and can be seen in the trailer itself (Spoiler warning to others):

Spoiler

Duviriparadoxmask.PNG
 The mask worn at the beginning of the trailer by that tenno is the same one the one on the throne wears, suggesting at the very least the tenno and the duviri are allies. Now I could be wrong, and if I am I won't be upset, but at the very least I have concrete evidence unlike most of my theories

rtg0q_-_Copy.png
I mean, food for thought, right? Again, if I am wrong I won't be upset 

On 2020-10-12 at 3:29 AM, Helstiir said:

I would like to see two types of tenno, those who were in the second dream and those who did not, the duviri, maybe they were trained more like dax, or were focused around hunting rouge tenno, or they could be like rell. They might be the ones who persuaded the other tenno to kill the orokin even, and now live in the void trying to hold off the man in the wall and what is left of the orokin (those weird dax guys).

I was thinking about two Orokin "survivors" when I spotted this thread. I've now tidied up the two and would like to share them.

Name: Arkin

Relationship with the Tenno: Was Margulis' Big Brother, took the role of "caretaker" of the Tenno by "force"

Physical Description: A blue-skinned, gold-eyed version of the Hulk, but with long hair and beard. Only wears a torn pair of "origami toga" shorts

Personality: Speaks with a combination of Australian and Scottish accents (to our ears) that sometimes makes it hard for him to be understood; inserts gibberish into his sentences at random as a result; His form of diplomacy is "speak softly and carry a big stick.", which is how he became the Tenno's new "caretaker":

Random Executor: "What they need is to be dest-"

Arkin: *Grabs Random Executor and slams him into the ground several times*

Ballas: "You're not still mad at us about Margulis, are you?"

Arkin: *Cracks his knuckles dramatically*

Kareesh: "Yup, he's still mad."

Ballas: "You can start on Monday."

Reason why the Tenno spared him: Remembering his kindness to them.

---

Name: Lautrin

Relationship with the Tenno: Helped them understand their new abilities while believing that they could help understand the Void.

Physical description: He's the most human-like of all the Executors (no noodle arms, etc.), except for the blue skin and golden eyes.

Personality: Not very nice manners; often perceived as sarcastic; has an unfortunate tendency to spoil/ruin good stories with his analysis of the facts. An example from the Orokin Empire, using "daughter from the past", as an example:

Lautrin: I was wondering what you were reading. A work of fiction? It's all rubbish if you ask me.

"Daughter": The Seven Dax is one of the greatest works of Early Orokin literature. Isn't it romantic how the Man in the Iron Mask turns out to be the twin brother of the original Founder. A tragic prince, locked inside an iron mask and imprisoned for life.

Lautrin: There are many theories behind that man, but I find that one to be the least plausible.

"Daughter": How?

Lautrin: In many ways, but I'd like to mention that a birth to the Royal Family could never had been kept a complete secret. At the time, A royal birth was a momentous occasion, witnessed by many, so if our founder had had a twin brother, it would have been known immediately.

"Daughter": *Upset* Thank you for ruining a perfectly good story.

Another example was when he was named Executor, much to his annoyance:

Some say that the Void is full of mystery, but they're wrong. It's as though they're looking through a clouded window. Empty-headed fools! The Void is a thing of beauty, built on logic, and yet we don't know even a tenth of its secrets, which the Tenno are the key to unlocking. Executors? Pft! Do not compare me to shallow politicians like yourself!

Reason for Tenno sparing him: He stood up for them after the Zariman Ten-Zero incident, treated them better, and refused the rank of Executor until halfway through the Old War.

Archived