Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Rifle Corpus Are Op

Otakuwolf

Am i the only one to have crushed my keyboard (well i didn't do it but you understand the expression) because of these Flux Rifle corpus dudes ?

Grineer scorcers do high DPS but have limited range

Heavy Grineer gunners do high DPS but have spinup time

Those Corpus flux rifle guys have none of those, way too much range for way too much DPS with no telegraphing of any kind.

Am i the only one to think theyr weapon should have at least one weakness, eighter about telegraphing or range or anything that doesen't make them shoot and kill you from the other side of the frickin room as soon as the door opens ?

Am i the only one to have crushed my keyboard (well i didn't do it but you understand the expression) because of these Flux Rifle corpus dudes ?

Grineer scorcers do high DPS but have limited range

Heavy Grineer gunners do high DPS but have spinup time

Those Corpus flux rifle guys have none of those, way too much range for way too much DPS with no telegraphing of any kind.

Am i the only one to think theyr weapon should have at least one weakness, eighter about telegraphing or range or anything that doesen't make them shoot and kill you from the other side of the frickin room as soon as the door opens ?

The Corpus are the weakest of all faction if you are going to base on their defensive stats. They die Easily, you just need to play wisely.

Btw, tell that to us Corpus Supporters battling against your Ferrite-Clad Bombards and Napalms + your Bully Heavy Gunner. Those are the Rhinos of the Grineer.

I'll have to agree with the OP on this.  I took my potatoed/formaed Rhino to the event mission (Solo) and as soon as I turned a blind corner at full speed , 4 Flux Corpus lit me up.  Burned through my Iron Skin, 1000 shield, 750 health, and 75% max Steel Fiber eventually killing me as I was zig-zagging to get out of the way.  And these were level 35-ish guys.  I'm fine with the Flux Corpus crewman having a strong DPS weapon, but their accuracy is too high.  Something is wrong when 4 guys can keep a laser on you as you are moving around - fast.  I think the accuracy could be tweaked a little to provide a challenge and not be too punishing.

I'll have to agree with the OP on this.  I took my potatoed/formaed Rhino to the event mission (Solo) and as soon as I turned a blind corner at full speed , 4 Flux Corpus lit me up.  Burned through my Iron Skin, 1000 shield, 750 health, and 75% max Steel Fiber eventually killing me as I was zig-zagging to get out of the way.  And these were level 35-ish guys.  I'm fine with the Flux Corpus crewman having a strong DPS weapon, but their accuracy is too high.  Something is wrong when 4 guys can keep a laser on you as you are moving around - fast.  I think the accuracy could be tweaked a little to provide a challenge and not be too punishing.

Hey. Napalm can do that through walls, and at unlimited range, and well outside their FX visual!

Also, Scorchers have almost the same range and penetrate cover. I don't know what you're complaining about, I've done both on my Saryn with less then that--and the Flux corpus are a joke unless I'm playing like a dope.

Hey. Napalm can do that through walls, and at unlimited range, and well outside their FX visual!

Also, Scorchers have almost the same range and penetrate cover. I don't know what you're complaining about, I've done both on my Saryn with less then that--and the Flux corpus are a joke unless I'm playing like a dope.

Yes but Napalm has a low attack speed, and Scorcers have a limited range, Flux corpus have none of those.

Yes but Napalm has a low attack speed, and Scorcers have a limited range, Flux corpus have none of those.

>low attack speed

Ahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah

And Flux rifles not having limited range.

I died laughing. Get to rank 6, kid. Flux's range is around 25m.

But seriously, get your facts straight. Flux rifle corpus don't spawn as numerous as Grineer Napalms/Heavies/Rockets. Napalm's effects lingers around for extra burn damage, and almost every humanoid corpus is CC'd by the burn/KD. Fighting for Grineer is literally going on a cakewalk compared to fighting for corpus.

Not OP at all, but they do demonstrate the Aimbot nature of the enemies very well.

I tried rolling, sprinting, jinking left and right, even backflipping... their beam is glued to my behind.

Shooting them worked everytime though :)

It has made me check my ammo count before every corner.

Ignis 20m range, FLux 25m range... they have the same "tradeoff" ... and they go down way faster than grineers

not really, NPC flux seems to have at least triple range. was shot by corpus elite from other side of the map (the one tile with corridor from one ship to another. I didn't even realized what hit me (playing Loki) and I was down and saw that camping elite really really far away. Also experimented with my flux on them: they reach me, i don't reach them

Not OP at all, but they do demonstrate the Aimbot nature of the enemies very well.

I tried rolling, sprinting, jinking left and right, even backflipping... their beam is glued to my behind.

If you move fast enough, it's possible to dodge the beam for a while and pounce into cover. I used heat dagger for this. They have a maximum aim turning speed.

If I ever find myself in a situation:

- without any cover

- with multiple opponents shooting me to bits because i rushed into them 

it must be bad game design.

If mentioned opponents happen to be the only corpus unit ever that doesn't have stormtrooper accuracy/point-blank range and

I die after several seconds of getting face lazered because I can't be bothered to move 

If I can't survive midlevel content by facetanking/outdamaging everything

Edited by Helljack84