Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania spellbind.

selig_fay

Ok. The problem with the current spellbind is that it is not convenient to use for CC. Literally all people use it for status immunity and this is a good thing. But it is also a team status immunity. But the ally will escape from the zone before you finish the cast. It's also CC, but pfft, very few people use it for this.

How to strengthen spellbind? I think this way:

Just think about it. Titania passive and ult is good mobility why first three abilities can't benefit from this?

What I suggest:

1) spellbind can no longer be used on enemies. It is only used on itself when you click the button.

2) when used, the frame leaves behind a cloud (like a firewalker, only works in the air too).

3) The cloud reduces the flight speed of all enemy projectiles by 80%, gives the status immunity and lift enemies up (like the current spellbind). 

4) Hold down the key so that all enemies affected by spellbind are deprived of this effect and are drawn to Titania, and then knocked over.

5) There are two options for changing the augment. Or, to activate, you must spellbind 4 enemies within 5 seconds. Or, you get the energy of each attracted enemy.

The cloud can be quite thin, so you have to draw a lot to create a complete protection. It looks strong on paper, but you actually have a lot of work to do. But this is what I think Titania suits for the gameplay. You can also create a small line to protect yourself while you are doing something (like hacking the console). Reducing the projectile speed will not give you full protection, but it will give you time. 

That is super pretty and honestly evidence that fire walker should have been on Titania  just for sheer aesthetic. 

But to fix spell bind Id just give spell bind a charge to  expand. The longer you hold the bigger the radius and the greater the energy cost to balance it with spell bound harvest. 

Also hot take but I miss being able to make enemies float away with spell bind. That S#&$ was beautiful and utterly memetastic  all she needed was an ability to pull them back in again 

4 hours ago, Solarsyphon said:

That is super pretty and honestly evidence that fire walker should have been on Titania  just for sheer aesthetic. 

But to fix spell bind Id just give spell bind a charge to  expand. The longer you hold the bigger the radius and the greater the energy cost to balance it with spell bound harvest. 

Also hot take but I miss being able to make enemies float away with spell bind. That S#&$ was beautiful and utterly memetastic  all she needed was an ability to pull them back in again 

Please don't do charge mechanics. This is already so slow that even with a large radius it is easier to ratatatata using lantern on rare occasions.

I would actually put our ideas together. When the button is pressed, it starts working as a firewalker leaving a status immunity zone that raises enemies like spellbind. (I would add a decrease in the speed of projectiles in the zone, but maybe in the second augment). Holding the key will explode the area, clear enemies of spellbind (to remove the stagger), and pull enemies towards Titania, knocking them over. Harvest augment could be something like "you gain 2 energy per every enemy you pull."

Yes, this is a bit of a tricky, but if the projectiles slow down too, it will be very useful even without CC.

But I would prefer the lantern to pull spellbinded enemies. It would be convenient.

On 2020-10-12 at 4:13 PM, selig_fay said:

Please don't do charge mechanics. This is already so slow that even with a large radius it is easier to ratatatata using lantern on rare occasions.

Charge mechanics are fine its just the DE hasn't done them well previously they often do them either too long as is the case with hydroid's 2.5 second cast and or unimpactful such as the fire ball charge which is visually indistinguishable. It really needs to be balanced as its own ability rather than an upgrade of an existing one increasing the relative costs. There are sweat spots and thresholds to be in with abilities rather than balancing being linear. 

The reason spell bind needs a charge mechanic is because realistically its a good and interesting ability which simply lacks the range needed to act as a proper CC but any increase to the range at base would cause problems with the augment. So it needs a mechanic where the range scales with energy cost and only a charge mechanic really fits with that. 

The fire walker mechanic is effectively just a completely different ability and it only really works with razor wing making it actually make more sense to be part of that ability. In that ability the only thing that needs the help is the diwata which short of a complete arch melee reworks really just needs a gimmick. 

1 hour ago, Solarsyphon said:

Charge mechanics are fine its just the DE hasn't done them well previously they often do them either too long as is the case with hydroid's 2.5 second cast and or unimpactful such as the fire ball charge which is visually indistinguishable. It really needs to be balanced as its own ability rather than an upgrade of an existing one increasing the relative costs. There are sweat spots and thresholds to be in with abilities rather than balancing being linear. 

The reason spell bind needs a charge mechanic is because realistically its a good and interesting ability which simply lacks the range needed to act as a proper CC but any increase to the range at base would cause problems with the augment. So it needs a mechanic where the range scales with energy cost and only a charge mechanic really fits with that. 

The fire walker mechanic is effectively just a completely different ability and it only really works with razor wing making it actually make more sense to be part of that ability. In that ability the only thing that needs the help is the diwata which short of a complete arch melee reworks really just needs a gimmick. 

I slightly disagree with this.

Firstly, spellbind already has a click and hold and I think giving up on spellbind itself would be awful because, again, almost no one uses it as a CC, because it is a very niche CC to intercept.

Second, Titania is a gunner. Her damage comes only from weapons. Therefore, each cast delay is a loss of dps. This makes sense for strong abilities, but spellbind is not strong (might be strong in conclave, but not in pve)

Regarding the fact that the normal form benefits very little from the firewalker, this is a fair comment. But Nezha has no razorwing and it works well on his because he improves his glide. 

I think Titania's aimglide improvement will fix this problem completely. Initially, I assumed that Titania would be able to get slow archwing when using aimglide. I mean, it has wings, why is it so little used in normal form? But then someone suggested that Grendel should use meetball instead of roll, so I thought razorwing instead of aimglide would be cool. 

I created a theme where I tried to create another Titania, completely keeping her theme, but greatly changing how her abilities work and what effects the abilities give. I think this whole concept is what will make Titania not strong, but a perfect A rank frame. Of course, this requires you to actively move, but I think this is what her gameplay should be. I mean how you move and position yourself.

Archived