Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 30 catastrophy

Norm_von_Dolbit

On 2020-10-11 at 1:04 PM, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

I am very upset about this situation and consider it critical.

you will remain upset, and then you will be even more upset

eventually this critical issue will make you so upset that one body can't contain it so you will split in two

then there will be two of you

and both will be very upset

On 2020-10-13 at 6:31 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Farm your way to MR30, it only takes a few months. That's what I plan to do, will probably take me even less being at MR18 already. 

There needs to be a big reward for getting there. There should be. I am pleased with the reward and plan to grind my way there. 

I am not saying I love elitism, but MR30 is a big milestone, I don't see any issue with having a big leap in rewards, nor do I see it as a critical issue or agree that you are a "nobody" if you are not MR30 just because you don't have what they have access to. 

It'll be harder than what you've done.
MR18 is 810,000 Mastery, and that was easier because of Junctions and Map Affinity. You will need 1,440,000 more affinity for MR30. I wish you the best of luck, good sir. 

TL:DR 

NO

Im tired of seeing the "everything for everyone", OP said itself, the helminth system is a joke as much as the mastery ranks beyond 18, why would you rank up to 30? why would you even rank up to 20? Well here it is, you want this rewards you will have to play the game. Enough of this BS of the lower mastery ranks getting everything when they don't even know how to mod a weapon.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

The 15 Loadout Slots and 30 Riven slots are nice and all, as it does add up to 900 Plat worth of slots

I bet these will only be max capacity, so we will even have to pay for them.
And about the boosters? Maybe 5% or best at 10%, since it boosts everyone on the relay.

MR30 rewards gib now elitism qq

MR30 rewards being elitism is a joke. At now, we need to literally get every mastery and some more to get MR30, but later people can cherry-pick what they farm and what they don't. Just like back then, when MR20 was the maximum obtainable mastery and that showed people maxed out everything that gave mastery.

Currently MR30 will be for people who obtained and leveled EVERYTHING in the game that gives mastery. It's open for everyone. You don't need a top clan, esport skills or any S#&$ for that. You just need to farm and level all the S#&$ up, instead of cherry-picking what you want to farm. Or buy it, #*!% cares. Complaining about MR30 elitism only makes you a cuck. Either level everything in the game, or wait.

40 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

bet these will only be max capacity, so we will even have to pay for them.

They confirmed they are actual slots and will also increase the possible max accordingly. 

42 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

And about the boosters? Maybe 5% or best at 10%, since it boosts everyone on the relay.

Almost anything is good. I do hope it's 50% for 6 hours at least. 

On 2020-10-13 at 3:51 PM, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

They will add something that can be ACTUALLY considered as a reward, for mastery rank 30. Befor MR 30 there are no ACTUAL rewards, just QoL boosts. Buff for affinity\damage\credits e.t.c. is a real thing, 3 umbra formas is a real thing. Thats how.

Loadout slots and higher standing caps are real things. As is higher base capacity on weapons. Those are all tangible and rewarding things to my play experience.

2 hours ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

Loadout slots and higher standing caps are real things. As is higher base capacity on weapons. Those are all tangible and rewarding things to my play experience.

Those are quality of life improvements. They make things convenient. They don't give you any actual advantage like Umbra Forma or a booster. That's what the guy was saying. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Those are quality of life improvements. They make things convenient. They don't give you any actual advantage like Umbra Forma or a booster. That's what the guy was saying. 

You can do basically any build you'd use Umbra Forma to do with more regular forma, so that's pretty much just a quality of life improvement as well. We have no idea how powerful the boosters will be yet, and they'll be available to other players anyway. Boosters are already QoL things anyway, there is nothing you can do with a booster that you can't do without one.

Higher minimum capacity however, means less time spent specifically leveling weapons to fill out a build. You just grab the weapon out of the foundry, slap in a potato, and do whatever you would do if you didn't have a new weapon equipped.

1 hour ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

Boosters are already QoL

No, they give you a clear advantage in the form of using less time. The things MR gives doesn't save time inherently. Loadout slots CAN save time if you invest time into making them, but that is a little different due to it being an investment. Not even the weapon Capacity does because you have to relevel it again anyway. 

1 hour ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

You can do basically any build you'd use Umbra Forma to do with more regular forma

Not true. Build versatility is allowed by having the Umbra Forma. By using an Umbra Forma where you'd use an Umbral mod anyway, you lower cost while not limiting yourself into a certain type of build. I can have 4 different builds on my Inaros. Without those three Umbra Forma, I'd have to forma every slot and thus limit myself to one type of build. Build versatility is a clear advantage. It also requires less Forma if you use Umbra forma. It saves time just like boosters. Two clear advantages there. 

On 2020-10-14 at 5:39 AM, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

I thought i wrote all quite clearly.
I will try to explain as simply as i can:
1. There were NO rewards for MRs.
2. DE will add reward, so for the first time in the history of MR it will have ACTUAL reward.
3. Problem is that they adding reward only for MR30.

So let me get this straight, you're irritated about the fact that there are people who waited upto 7 years and grinded for hours and hours to reach MR 30 are getting stuff but everyone below MR 30 aren't..? 

There were rewards for every MR before MR 30 and that is Extra Standings , Traces and Initial Mod slot capacity.

Now your problem seems to be "Why MR 30 specifically?" . The reason for that lies within the Initial mod slot capacity aspect of ranking up. Ever since it has been introduced people have been speculating what would happen once we hit MR 30 and go over that, do we get negative mod capacity? would the game brick itself etc..

This lead to people thinking MR 30 is going to be the cap for MR and thats that. Now DE says ranks after 30 are going to be treated as legendary ranks, this makes MR 30 the last 'normal' rank and its only normal for people who hit this rank to be rewarded appropriately.  

Now all this aside you're salty about the so called 'rewards'. Let me ask you, what exactly is so extremely OP in the rewards offered that its either you're MR 30 in the game or you're trash.

-The relay blessing feature is a major one so I'll go over that. Everyday you get to bless and give a boost to some stat, okay cool. This effect is not just for the person who hit 30 but also to every single person present in the relay which is awesome. I don't think DE released any numbers specifically so don't go assuming its doubled affinity/whatever boost. Even if it is doubled, I highly doubt it would stack with market boosters and give everyone 4x everything...which is broken so DE wont do it. Also id like to point out the fact that the people who are going to hit 30 are mosly bored af by then or burned out at that point and is probably waiting for anything new to pop up. Something like a resource boost is not going to affect them much anyway. Those who are actively grinding resources, exp etc are more likely to benefit from this system than MR 30 folks themselves.

-Of all the other rewards, you said Umbral Forma is very reeal. Its just an umbral forma dude ...chill. You get one every nightwave season and its also released as alert reward from time to time. We got one right after the previous devstream too. 3 Umbral forma for grinding all the way to MR 30 is no big deal... You're gonna get more umbral forma just doing nightwaves and alerts than grind all the way to 30. Besides, you can always have builds without umbral forma and also have umbral mods present, just forma every other slot.

-Every other reward has no major impact on gameplay for anyone below 30 with the exception being riven slots. Unless you're hoarding rivens even this wont have much effect.

44 minutes ago, Xaegar said:

So let me get this straight, you're irritated about the fact that there are people who waited upto 7 years and grinded for hours and hours to reach MR 30 are getting stuff but everyone below MR 30 aren't..? 

There were rewards for every MR before MR 30 and that is Extra Standings , Traces and Initial Mod slot capacity.

Now your problem seems to be "Why MR 30 specifically?" . The reason for that lies within the Initial mod slot capacity aspect of ranking up. Ever since it has been introduced people have been speculating what would happen once we hit MR 30 and go over that, do we get negative mod capacity? would the game brick itself etc..

This lead to people thinking MR 30 is going to be the cap for MR and thats that. Now DE says ranks after 30 are going to be treated as legendary ranks, this makes MR 30 the last 'normal' rank and its only normal for people who hit this rank to be rewarded appropriately.  

Now all this aside you're salty about the so called 'rewards'. Let me ask you, what exactly is so extremely OP in the rewards offered that its either you're MR 30 in the game or you're trash.

-The relay blessing feature is a major one so I'll go over that. Everyday you get to bless and give a boost to some stat, okay cool. This effect is not just for the person who hit 30 but also to every single person present in the relay which is awesome. I don't think DE released any numbers specifically so don't go assuming its doubled affinity/whatever boost. Even if it is doubled, I highly doubt it would stack with market boosters and give everyone 4x everything...which is broken so DE wont do it. Also id like to point out the fact that the people who are going to hit 30 are mosly bored af by then or burned out at that point and is probably waiting for anything new to pop up. Something like a resource boost is not going to affect them much anyway. Those who are actively grinding resources, exp etc are more likely to benefit from this system than MR 30 folks themselves.

-Of all the other rewards, you said Umbral Forma is very reeal. Its just an umbral forma dude ...chill. You get one every nightwave season and its also released as alert reward from time to time. We got one right after the previous devstream too. 3 Umbral forma for grinding all the way to MR 30 is no big deal... You're gonna get more umbral forma just doing nightwaves and alerts than grind all the way to 30. Besides, you can always have builds without umbral forma and also have umbral mods present, just forma every other slot.

-Every other reward has no major impact on gameplay for anyone below 30 with the exception being riven slots. Unless you're hoarding rivens even this wont have much effect.

I think a unique armor set or auxiliary item for frames would be neat. A crown-like thing that can go on your warframes and/or operator would be really really neat. It'd be something you don't have to activate to see, something that is cool for your frame, and something others can see to symbolise your hard work

An emote is really not great. 

7 часов назад, nooneyouknow13 сказал:

How base capacity even helpful? If you aware enough the fastest way to lvl up weapon is by letting other players kill stuff(Hydron, ESO), because of how affinity distribution works.
Higher standing is real thing if you can and want to complete some syndicate fast(which is case only for advanced players) and even then you have to wait multiple days for it. So one extra day will not make a weather.

3 часа назад, Xaegar сказал:

*sigh* in OP i wrote that they are not significant, more about that i wrote in comments, it's only 2 pages you could read whole thing.

Цитата

Now all this aside you're salty about the so called 'rewards'.

How am i salty about them?

Цитата

The relay blessing feature is a major one so I'll go over that. Everyday you get to bless and give a boost to some stat, okay cool. This effect is not just for the person who hit 30 but also to every single person present in the relay which is awesome. I don't think DE released any numbers specifically so don't go assuming its doubled affinity/whatever boost. Even if it is doubled, I highly doubt it would stack with market boosters and give everyone 4x everything...which is broken so DE wont do it.

Still, much Much more signifficant then previous so called "rewards".

Цитата

Also id like to point out the fact that the people who are going to hit 30 are mosly bored af by then or burned out at that point and is probably waiting for anything new to pop up. Something like a resource boost is not going to affect them much anyway.

I also adressed this moment in previous comments, i think this reward more suitable for some lower ranks.

Цитата

Of all the other rewards, you said Umbral Forma is very reeal. Its just an umbral forma dude ...chill. You get one every nightwave season and its also released as alert reward from time to time. We got one right after the previous devstream too. 3 Umbral forma for grinding all the way to MR 30 is no big deal... You're gonna get more umbral forma just doing nightwaves and alerts than grind all the way to 30. Besides, you can always have builds without umbral forma and also have umbral mods present, just forma every other slot.

Here i can see you hardly misunderstood me(idk how). For me personaly umbra formas is not a big deal since i'm not in rush of maximising builds. The thing is that you can't farm those whenever you want or need them, it doesn't matter in how many events you can get them.
Again, Much more signifficant then previous so called "rewards"

3 часа назад, Xaegar сказал:

Finally some first meaningfull point. I'll think about that.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ArianaG_-- said:

you will never understand any reply given here cos you cant appreciate the current rewards like we do. imagine the people who waited long enough to reach mr30 and didnt complain and you be like "De dIdNt gIvE mE FrEe sTuFf". stop being too greedy.

So you honestly think the years building up to MR30 and the 2.2 million mastery isn't worth special things? It should be just like everything other rank? No distinction even though this has been the end goal for years?

12 hours ago, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

How base capacity even helpful? If you aware enough the fastest way to lvl up weapon is by letting other players kill stuff(Hydron, ESO), because of how affinity distribution works.

Some people actually play the game instead of mindlessly going to the same 1 or 2 places to level up gear that they then set up the same meta way and then complain that there's nothing to do 2 hours after any new content or weapons are added to the game.

Notice that people aren't agreeing with you in this thread. It's ok to have your own opinion, but obviously it is not shared by the people that have chosen to read and reply to your thread. Sure it isn't necessarily a good representation of all players, but it's a sign that you're an outlier.

10 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Notice that people aren't agreeing with you in this thread. It's ok to have your own opinion, but obviously it is not shared by the people that have chosen to read and reply to your thread. Sure it isn't necessarily a good representation of all players, but it's a sign that you're an outlier.

There are actually some agreeing with different parts of his posts. I agree with some others' posts. The only reason he seems the outlier is because of voluntary response bias. 

On 2020-10-11 at 5:25 PM, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

MR 30 getting once a day rellay booster for affinity\damge\resource etc. and bunch of other "sweeties" while lower ranks remain unadressed.

so i get a daily booster when reaching mr30? big deal - i get so many login booster rewards in one month and each is nearly 3 days long and rarely i ever have any need for one (when i do, ofc i don't get one ^^)

idk how many more frames, weapons, etc. DE will create for the game but atm, i would say that all of us veterans that are close to mr30 have most of their arsenal formated to the point of perfection so that any affinity booster isn't doing much more for us. cred, mod, resource booster are also more or less of little use by now even when i crazy of infusing abilities via helminth. a damage booster though i quite a different thing.

what i really would like though is simply a method of 'boosting' weapons and/or frames in a similar way we do with kuva weapons - by 'fusing' them together or by "over-formating" them, adding a tiny bit to the base stats each time (up to a limit ofc or we would see mk1 weapons that destroy planets in no time ^^)

either way, there needs to be some kind of incentive to play the game after reacing the top and like it or not, it can only be something that sets those player above the rest (even if only maginal) - make it too little and too tedious to achieve and player are likely not care about doing it, make it too much and you get exactly what the OP states because when all is said and done, fashion frame isn't endgame.

there are several ways games deal with what happens (or not) when the player reaches the summit - most will just stop there (aka level-cap) and then only fine-tuning (e.g. via skills and equipment, etc) will get some kind of improvement... this is the worst kind of 'ending' for my taste and usually the point where i turn my back on a game since i don't like min-maxing at all and this usually also means a lot of work has to be done for only marginal improvements and/or fun. this bring up the 2nd most 'ending', the 'endless-progress' with constant tiny improvements... while this sure is ok in some games, at least for a little while longer, it can get tedious very fast. a more rare, 3rd approach is the way of totally changing the game experience for players reaching the top. this is double-edged blade though and hard to implement into most types of a gamed and thus rarely seen.

i'm not sure what i would prefer (even the 'real' end offers something - a closing) but don't worry much about what the OP adresses since this is, after all, a cooperational game, not a competitive one.

55 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

So i get a daily booster when reaching mr30? big deal - i get so many login booster rewards in one month and each is nearly 3 days long and rarely i ever have any need for one (when i do, ofc i don't get one ^^)

Good point. I hadn't thought about this. If the booster thing (for affinity or resources) is for anyone, it's for anyone not at MR30. DE made the big MR30 reward about OTHERS instead of the MR30s. It's a cool idea and all but still... an exclusive thing for MR30 that makes an impact would be awesome and actually rewarding for how much time is put in for MR30. 

They're giving us nothing that makes a big impact that will stand the test of time. Something unique that we will use would be nice. Something new that will stay exclusive to MR30. 

personally i just think the new mr30 stuff is nothing to worry about, we already have a clusterload of things that make life easier, power creep you significantly, but in the end we can easily do without, they are not essential, they are just perks that are nice to have but arent really needed, and i say this as for a long time now my MR0 challenge account swapped with my older main account as most used/played.  Yeah sure, extra stuff is nice, but lets be real, none of it is really needed, you can cheese any/all content as a MR0 with ranked mods and a suitable warframe easily.  This isnt really anything to worry over.

6 hours ago, Methanoid said:

personally i just think the new mr30 stuff is nothing to worry about, we already have a clusterload of things that make life easier, power creep you significantly, but in the end we can easily do without, they are not essential, they are just perks that are nice to have but arent really needed, and i say this as for a long time now my MR0 challenge account swapped with my older main account as most used/played.  Yeah sure, extra stuff is nice, but lets be real, none of it is really needed, you can cheese any/all content as a MR0 with ranked mods and a suitable warframe easily.  This isnt really anything to worry over.

People want something unique for their effort. That's it. MR hasn't mattered substantially for far too long, and the time put in for MR30 should be rewarded in spades. 

On 2020-10-11 at 8:25 AM, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

MR 30 getting once a day rellay booster for affinity\damge\resource etc. and bunch of other "sweeties" while lower ranks remain unadressed.

MR 30 players have also spent hundred if not thousands of hours without these bonuses.

You talk about it like a specific group just gets special treatment when in actuality it is the group most dedicated to the game. MR 30 players have likely spent a lot of money to support DE or an extraordinary amount of time playing the game to get to MR 30.

You want to get the MR 30 rewards? Then earn them like everyone else.

42 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

MR 30 players have also spent hundred if not thousands of hours without these bonuses.

You talk about it like a specific group just gets special treatment when in actuality it is the group most dedicated to the game. MR 30 players have likely spent a lot of money to support DE or an extraordinary amount of time playing the game to get to MR 30.

You want to get the MR 30 rewards? Then earn them like everyone else.

I think you missed the point OP was making in that quote. He's isn't saying lower ranks deserve the boosters (even though they are the ones needing them). He's saying that MR levels need a revamp (which they do because you get literally nothing between 16-30 beside the usual). Those boosters (except for the damage) are essentially pointless to MR30s. DE made those boosters for lower MR players and hid it behind the facade of being for MR30s.

Archived