Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please end this Nightwave soon after ep.5

Oorel

Last Intermission and this Season have been very disappointing. Dragging it out like this makes me want to go back to the old alerts system, even though Nightwave is much better under ideal circumstances.

I'm just frustrated with this Season, sick of Nora and Cephalites. Its likely going to be at least another 2 months.

I understand that there should be time for people to catch up after the ep5 release, I expect you to give it a month at least. I really want to see it rushed, give it 2 weeks and lets get out of this season already.

56 minutes ago, quxier said:

Dreamers! (yeah, it's annoying as ...)

Ya. The issue, as well, she says really dumb stuff: “there has to be a way to take these down.” I am like, have you tried this innovative idea of.... (drum rolls)... shooting them?

I wish there is a way to mute her in missions as you can on orbiter. Same for Teshin. And DE needs to do much better on the NPC new lines. They mostly sound silly and absolutely disconnected from the game.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Ya. The issue, as well, she says really dumb stuff: “there has to be a way to take these down.” I am like, have you tried this innovative idea of.... (drum rolls)... shooting them?

It's fine the first or second time but then... it's just annoying. We already know how to kill Glassy enemies and we don't need to get "Dreamers!" everytime we do silly thing like deploying a glyp.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

wish there is a way to mute her in missions as you can on orbiter.

I don't think there is mute options for each NPCs.

then lets not whinge about Nora and how long its gone on, or how bored you are of hearing the same stuff repeated over and over. that's no helpfiul.

Instead, lets ask for options or tweaks for the next one - such as the ability to mute Nora in mission, or for her to have a set number fo times she says the same thing before self-muting. That's a positive progression that will allow DE to make a new series of NW (which, is awesome BTW) and neglect it for months (shh, so we can collect crystal credits) without it getting annoying.

Any other ideas, or is it just the repeats on Nora radio that's the problem?

6 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

then lets not whinge about Nora and how long its gone on, or how bored you are of hearing the same stuff repeated over and over. that's no helpfiul.

Instead, lets ask for options or tweaks for the next one - such as the ability to mute Nora in mission, or for her to have a set number fo times she says the same thing before self-muting. That's a positive progression that will allow DE to make a new series of NW (which, is awesome BTW) and neglect it for months (shh, so we can collect crystal credits) without it getting annoying.

For me the issue is how long its going on for. If nightwaves could stick to being 3months followed by a shorter intermission it would be great. Its a shame that we are also missing out on a lot of good rewards, for the late-game players we are missing out on Umbra Formas, for new players they are missing out on slots and potatoes, opportunities to farm aura mods and helmets. if you are new there is a lot you can only get with credits(or plat) right now and they are hit the worst by this.

to be clear, Nora lines are fine, cephalites are disruptive and as this is dragging on I'm finding that more and more of an annoyance.

23 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

Rewards are tied to a new season starting. NW seasons were meant to be about 3 months each, instead the last couple have been about double that, meaning half the rewards.

Which is obviously the main complaint, as while a new season gets rid of the glass, it doesn't get rid of Nora. Nora just gets complained about as she's just there, and her talking is pretty pointless when there's 0 reward to be gained out of NW at this point, and the glass enemies are obviously a waste of time/useless for the same reason.

On 2020-10-11 at 9:47 PM, gbjbaanb said:

(shh, so we can collect crystal credits)

Are you serious here?  A lot of people, myself included, reached the rank cap of 30+60 almost a month ago! Had we been getting NW rewards for any of the nonsense tasks, they would not be quite as annoying! Currently, the only reason I'm clearing all the NW weeklies is to avoid the NW banner bugging out and staying on the screen forever during long missions!

15 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Are you serious here?  A lot of people, myself included, reached the rank cap of 30+60 almost a month ago! Had we been getting NW rewards for any of the nonsense tasks, they would not be quite as annoying! Currently, the only reason I'm clearing all the NW weeklies is to avoid the NW banner bugging out and staying on the screen forever during long missions!

Yes, I am serious. Not everyone has completed the NW ranks, or plays so often as to ever be able to. Don't assume that you are the only player worth consideration in the game, there are plenty of new guys out there, and many (like me) who have been doing the NW tasks on an "if I feel like it" basis, not grinding away for all prizes as fast as possible.

38 minutes ago, gbjbaanb said:

there are plenty of new guys out there, and many (like me) who have been doing the NW tasks on an "if I feel like it" basis, not grinding away for all prizes as fast as possible.

I started playing Warframe in the middle of NW Series 2 (mid-July of 2019). And I do mean "started": MR0, with a Rank 0 Volt and an MK-1 Braton. And by the time Series 2 finished (mid-October), I got to NW Rank 30 - because I wanted the operator armour. I did that very much as a "new guy", without any more experienced players carrying me through tasks. Emissary's assassins did not help things either (especially once they added the third one - that revived the other two). And this was before DE implemented a sane "incomplete task recovery" mechanism.

If you still haven't reached NW Rank 30 in Series 3 (that's been going on for 22 weeks now - almost twice as long as all of Series 2) - then you have only yourself to blame. And ranks beyond that are "Prestige Ranks" - people who only do tasks on the "if they feel like it" basis should not assume they'd be able to get through all of them!

But people who do work towards completing all the weekly tasks (which really doesn't take that long if you actually play the game) should be getting some sort of NW rewards throughout the season. The season should end before the rewards dry up - or the rewards should not be drying up at all.

1 hour ago, gbjbaanb said:

Don't assume that you are the only player worth consideration in the game

Right back at you! If you've not been doing the tasks - don't expect to get all the rewards!

So did I, I worked through those NW tasks to get the landing craft - I never thought I would, it seemed so far away as a new player in July 2020, give or take a month. Now I'm getting a few crystal credits for tasks, but playing is the important part, not buying all the NW offerings without end.

I play the game for the fun of playing it, not to grind and desperately try to obtain all the stuff. And there are many new players who have just joined - doing a few defence missions today I saw a fair few MR3 guys, they will be playing the NW stuff without finishing it. So its a piece of content that you have completed. Move on to the other content, why complain that you finished it, You have an expectation of deserving more stuff, but that's not what its for. You've done it, well done. congratulations.

All season passes have content that is limited. You get them by playing, and then that's it until the next time. Many other games might have a month-long pass, and if you get all the goodies in the first week, well, good for you, there will be no more until the end of the month anyway. This is different as they are offering extra stuff for all the players who completed it, and you've got all those, so be grateful. Instead, DE give us extra rewards and get players demanding even more.

On 2020-10-11 at 3:30 PM, Oorel said:

I understand that there should be time for people to catch up after t

the catchup mechanic meant I had all the nightwave rewards in a few weeks and now I am bored of the same old nora lines

"there has got to be some way to....." shut up I have killed hundreds of them, I know there is a way to beat them dang it!!

Archived