Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are people upset about mr30?

(PSN)sweatshawp

On 2020-10-11 at 1:48 PM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Genuine question Mastery has not and will never matter in Wf other than players wanting to get a higher mr past 16.

The prior Mrs dont make you feel special we just got them to get them. 

we all know De isn't the best with intrinsic or extrinsic rewards imo. 

so why were people expecting MR.30 to have a change of heart and be completely different from the rest of the game?

Mr 30 reward are just fine. I can't wait to give booster in the relay :).  The only thing i would have like to see was a mr 30 weapon. A weapon that can kill like a melee. With that said, i just fine with the reward, any other change will be cherry on top. :D

1 hour ago, SW___ said:

Mr 30 reward are just fine. I can't wait to give booster in the relay :).  The only thing i would have like to see was a mr 30 weapon. A weapon that can kill like a melee. With that said, i just fine with the reward, any other change will be cherry on top. :D

Agreed and the question is geared at people on both ends of the spectrum. I’ve seen people upset at the rewards and people whom feel like the rewards where lackluster. The question works on both ends. Why do people feel like it’s mandatory for the rewards for mr 30 because A they’ve never given out rewards beforehand and B EVEN NOW with them attaching rewards to said Mastery why are people upset that the rewards aren’t up to par. 

People don't seem to be "upset" about MR30, as one topic misleadingly states

MR30 hasn't produced the "biggest backlash yet", as another topic misguidedly predicts

So let's talk about MR30 without the padding of fake outrage

What are your thoughts about the rewards? 

Do you think they are too much, or too little?

Have you ignored ranking-up for a long time thinking it doesn't matter only to find it kind of does now?

Do you think MR30 will change how people play warframe?

unknown.png

9 минут назад, Traubenzuckr сказал:

Have you ignored ranking-up for a long time thinking it doesn't matter only to find it kind of does now?

how does it matter now? what would change in this game? CoD-style prestige thing which should keep people continue playing? oh please.

14 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

how does it matter now? what would change in this game? CoD-style prestige thing which should keep people continue playing? oh please.

Someone who cares about the umbra Forma, riven slots, and loudout slots would be much more inclined to grind for MR30 now. It’s not mandatory, but they did enough to make it sort of matter, which is what OP said.

1 минуту назад, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face сказал:

It’s not mandatory, but they did enough to make it sort of matter

yeah, but all of that hardly matters. umbra formas? yeah it seems cool, but again i can use these here and there, and maybe i will use it on some Prime variants of frames in the future... probably in two years assuming i would still play this product.

rivens? emm... pretty much the same, i only use so much weapons which do have some kind of synergy with certain frames and default number of riven slots is enouh to be honest.

loadouts? well... i have my main frame, i have 2 frames for tridolons and 1 frame for Orbs and all purpose slot... that's it.

And don't get me wrong, MR30 rewards and nice small bonuses, but those hardly matters if you think of it. these are not game changing elements. so in my books MR30 rewards are nice, but i MR11 is still that line at which players win the game.

I think it's great, because now everybody has a reason to shoot for MR30. the rewards should be good considering the time it takes a player to reach MR30, even if you take the easy route and power level literally everything, that's still a LOT of hours. 

I don't see how it would change how people play the game though. at most maybe relays will get visited by MR30s more often to interact with that console, but that's hardly a major change.

Most of the rewards sound neat but we dont really know how good the relay boosting really is, so before judging I'll have to wait until I can try it for myself. However the reward I would have liked the most would have been another stealth test for the rank up. Those were pretty cool and I had tons of fun doing all sorts of weird setups.

MR system is terrible and needs to be reworked. So is affinity-gaining in general - passively leeching XP shouldn't be the most optimal way to level up gear.

Substantial exclusive rewards shouldn't be locked behind having to max all the fodder: which is over 450! weapons  - with plenty of unobtainable event exclusives, Baro-only weapons, vaulted primes (pay up platinum!), gazillion formas on kuva weapons, intrinsics grind with exponential cost...  

...then you wonder why people feel the game is a tedious grindwall and resort to abusing all sorts of quick XP farming. And new players just give up - because the grind from a fairly new account would require you to be a no-lifer for a year straight.

42 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

yeah, but all of that hardly matters.

Hence why we said “sort of matters”.

42 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

umbra formas? yeah it seems cool, but again i can use these here and there, and maybe i will use it on some Prime variants of frames in the future... probably in two years assuming i would still play this product.

rivens? emm... pretty much the same, i only use so much weapons which do have some kind of synergy with certain frames and default number of riven slots is enouh to be honest.

loadouts? well... i have my main frame, i have 2 frames for tridolons and 1 frame for Orbs and all purpose slot... that's it.

And don't get me wrong, MR30 rewards and nice small bonuses, but those hardly matters if you think of it. these are not game changing elements. so in my books MR30 rewards are nice, but i MR11 is still that line at which players win the game.

That’s all well and good but this is just your singular experience. Other players might be more interested in these rewards, particularly the slots.

3 minutes ago, Monolake said:

MR system is terrible and needs to be reworked. So is affinity-gaining in general - passively leeching XP shouldn't be the most optimal way to level up gear.

Substantial exclusive rewards shouldn't be locked behind having to max all the fodder: which is over 450! weapons  - with plenty of unobtainable event exclusives, Baro-only weapons, vaulted primes (pay up platinum!), gazillion formas on kuva weapons, intrinsics grind with exponential cost...  

...then you wonder why people feel the game is a tedious grindwall and resort to abusing all sorts of quick XP farming. And new players just give up - because the grind from a fairly new account would require you to be a no-lifer for a year straight.

I agree about the MR system as a whole, but the crux of your point here only applies if you have no patience and feel like you have to have things right away. Some people have been working towards MR30 for years, that hard work deserves some kind of reward. I started playing WF this year and I’m well aware MR30 will be unreachable for me for quite some time, and I have no problem with this because some things have to be earned.

21 minutes ago, Monolake said:

so should everyone be given for example 3x umbra forma right away?

I was expecting exclusive cosmetics, like an armor set, syandana, Operator suit etc. 

The rewards they showed off have peaked my interest though. I like them. 

As for legendary ranks, my guess is that daily standing cap and void trace capacity will continue to rise with each rank up. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I agree about the MR system as a whole, but the crux of your point here only applies if you have no patience and feel like you have to have things right away. Some people have been working towards MR30 for years, that hard work deserves some kind of reward. I started playing WF this year and I’m well aware MR30 will be unreachable for me for quite some time, and I have no problem with this because some things have to be earned.

Thats not work or achievement because its simply waiting for event stuff to come back, paying to buy vaulted primes and then sitting every day leeching at XP farms. Vets been playing this game for ~7 years and just getting everything on the way being close to MR30 already, for newer players its just insurmountable, people shouldn't be compelled to do it for very significant and otherwise unobtainable exclusive rewards, its very unhealthy for the game and playerbase.

Also as been mentioned there are no rewards of this sort for lower MR even for milestones, so it feels like all or nothing  - even more unfair and discouraging for newer players.

I don't think it's fake outrage, I think some people are genuinely outraged about it.  One of the things that really bothers me about the large, open discussions that take place in forums like these is that there's a lot of people out there that can't seem to grasp that other individual's brains work differently, and they may be genuinely mad about something that you couldn't care less about.  You might be mad about something they don't care about.  Some people hate the spider web ephemera.  I think it looks pretty good.  Some people love the foxglove shaped syandanas and I think they look like trash.

For me, I wasn't shook either way by the MR30 announcement.  We got more than I was expecting honestly, but not so much that I was shocked.  It feels almost...  Right?  For once?  Like it's not game breaking, but it's not nothing.  It felt like a really happy medium to me.

I chase MR, and I do it for a number of reasons tbh.  There is a very minuscule amount of...  I guess credibility?  I've had people mention my rank in a positive light before, even sometimes with backhanded compliments.  Got into an interception fissure that a bunch of low levels were failing once and one of them says "Oh thank god, a sweaty showed up."  I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't amusing and enjoyable in a small way when you accept an invite from someone needing help and they gawk at the nearly meaningless number next to your name.  Mostly though, I forma things almost constantly and the extra mod capacity is why I push MR.  The standing caps, trace caps, etc are all nice, but I chase the mod capacity more than anything else.  All I was expecting out of MR 30 was a "I did the MR30 grind and all I got was this stupid T-shirt" cosmetic for like, my operator or something, maybe a sigil/glyph/emote and mostly 2 extra mod capacity when I have an unranked item.  Instead they're going to be giving me a swag bag full of cool stuff and I get to invite several people in my clan/alliance to a relay once a day and buff everyone in there. 

I don't have any issues with it, but I can kind of see where someone might be annoyed that they've stayed low rank because "it's pointless" for a long time and they have a bunch of fodder to grind and ranks to get since there's a light at the end of the tunnel now.  Something I haven't seen mentioned yet is that a whole lot more people are going to be grinding the fodder that people normally avoid or save for last and we might end up with pitchforks, screaming for buffs to weapons most of us have forgotten about.

Also, whatever legendary ranks are, I hope they're also balanced.  Worth it, but not game breaking.

Archived