Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel path Tyl Regor, excuse me but wtf?

ThorienKELL

What's the deal with this boss? I went in with most powerful OP frame and weapon combination in game atm. Invisible octavia with damage boost from ult and invisibilty, kronen prime with OP riven, 220x combo counter and top tier crit+status+condition overload build. I took me like 10 minutes to reduce his health FOR 10%. How? What to take to make this fight tolerable and finished in some acceptable time? 

Hes got around 93% damage reduction so maybe bring an armor stripping frame.

My SP goto is Trinity with 100% armor strip and a crit/viral/slash heavyblade zaw.

I've yet to find anything in the game that can survive (or threaten) this setup for more than a couple of seconds due to the damage rampup being so extreme.

This also require no rivens, exotic forma, or helminth abilities.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not enough armor strip I guess. was in a Pub squad with randoms and while I don't know what they were using, they killed him pretty quickly. would've been in and out faster were the fight not phased.

Yeah armor strip is such a big deal in SP people don't even realize it.

In a lot of cases, removing armor is a 1400% damage multiplier

49 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Try not playing Steel Path if you can help it, it isn't balanced, just a bunch of multipliers thrown around with little care to appease people who chase big numbers.

It's balanced for the incredible power frames and weapons have lol. The starchart is ridiculously weak and gave people a false sense of confidence because you could basically never use forma and still beat everything.

The actual issue I had with Tyl Regor in steel path was his instant shield regeneration. I'm not sure if that has been in the game since his release or what, but it is literally instant, and constant shield regeneration which means... yep, shield gating damage reduction. You could try slowing him with Nova or getting a strong melee loadout with a tanky frame (ideally with stagger immunity) but his teleporting can make using melee difficult.

I can't remember exactly what I did when I killed him the first time, but revenant with high strength, use entrhall and reave on him to skip to the next phase.

5 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

What's the deal with this boss? I went in with most powerful OP frame and weapon combination in game atm. Invisible octavia with damage boost from ult and invisibilty, kronen prime with OP riven, 220x combo counter and top tier crit+status+condition overload build. I took me like 10 minutes to reduce his health FOR 10%. How? What to take to make this fight tolerable and finished in some acceptable time? 

I destroyed him with my spy ivara.

2 hours ago, More-L said:

The actual issue I had with Tyl Regor in steel path was his instant shield regeneration. I'm not sure if that has been in the game since his release or what, but it is literally instant, and constant shield regeneration which means... yep, shield gating damage reduction. You could try slowing him with Nova or getting a strong melee loadout with a tanky frame (ideally with stagger immunity) but his teleporting can make using melee difficult.

I can't remember exactly what I did when I killed him the first time, but revenant with high strength, use entrhall and reave on him to skip to the next phase.

If it weren't for Tyl Regor hiding in unreachable places between phases, you could get away with using Magnetic status to prevent him from regenerating shields. This is the trick I used on Mutalist Alad V! I know you can stack status on Tyl Regor while he's invulnerable and doing his animations to flood the room. But I think Magnetic will fall off well before he pops up again...

6 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

Use Nyx.

Trust me, she is one of the strongest warframes in Steel Path, and significantly stronger than Octavia in some cases too.

100% armor strip, and even the viral Baza Prime can melt him like cheese very easily. No need to use kronen prime when any weapon works.

Armor is the underlying factor here. You need to remove that armor to do significant damage.

Archived