Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel path Tyl Regor, excuse me but wtf?

ThorienKELL

10 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

What's the deal with this boss? I went in with most powerful OP frame and weapon combination in game atm. Invisible octavia with damage boost from ult and invisibilty, kronen prime with OP riven, 220x combo counter and top tier crit+status+condition overload build. I took me like 10 minutes to reduce his health FOR 10%. How? What to take to make this fight tolerable and finished in some acceptable time? 

i went in public with my slow nova an don't remember the other player(s) were using.
everything went fine till the final showdown with him xD an took a good while to actually get health to 0 but wasnt too hard

8 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

It's balanced for the incredible power frames and weapons have lol. The starchart is ridiculously weak and gave people a false sense of confidence because you could basically never use forma and still beat everything.

by that u mean it was balance for cheese tactics 

Everyone keeps saying armor strip but you don’t necessarily have to. He has alloy armor so you can just treat him like an Eidolon and use radiation damage. I took a radiation modded chakkhur and shot him in the face every time he reappeared. I do have a good riven but it (or any sniper) should work just fine without that. Idk what sort of shield regen he had but I have the Helstrum weapon equipped on my moa with the 4 vigilante mods (only armaments and fervor ranked up) and radiation + cold status mods, which probably prevented his shields from ever regenerating. Also a fantastic cc hose for normal missions.

I used Octavia for all steel path nodes but interceptions with khora. All bosses were pretty easy to kill. Even Zealoid Prelate was easy... my strategy was:

1- Cast mallet + amp close to the boss and go take the shard.

2- Once you get the shard, go back to the zealot, who has been hitting the mallet all this time along with the infested around the area (accumulated damage in mallet), and melee him all you can (shard timer will get refreshed since mallet also kills infested around) until he tries to heal himself. Kill healers.

3- Rinse and repeat.

For Tyl Regor I used mallet + amp and melee with exodia contagion... he died pretty fast.

A lot of people in this thread mention shattering impact and that's good, for some SP bosses that has been a huge help. Another thing you should look out for is that some bosses (tyl regor for example) are immune to viral procs. If you go in with you standard viral slash build, you may have a bad time.

If you cant spare the slot for shattering impact you can also mod a secondary for pure status on corrosive and heat. That also removes a bunch of armor.

I did tyl regor as mesa: regulators modded for radiation, status rattleguts with corrosive and heat.

Allright, allrihgt! I totally forgot about armor but that was just because I never had to bother with it before, all bosses till now went down in seconds this threw me off guard. 
I took my Quasus and assimilate Nyx and battle was over in a minute. 

I usually play SP with pillage baruuk, nova for interceptions and petrfy nekros out of sport +loot. 

49 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

Allright, allrihgt! I totally forgot about armor but that was just because I never had to bother with it before, all bosses till now went down in seconds this threw me off guard. 
I took my Quasus and assimilate Nyx and battle was over in a minute. 

I usually play SP with pillage baruuk, nova for interceptions and petrfy nekros out of sport +loot. 

No problem. Welcome to the next tier of game mechanics. 

I'm sure this will come as terribly surprising suggestion from me, but try Ember and a combo count melee. Seriously. I wandered in and killed him solo using Ember with such casual ease that I had to pause on my way to extraction and look at the enemy levels to be sure that I was in Steel Path.

Archived