Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Revisit

m3stuart

^ Title. But yeah, this is my take to changes frost should get to make him a better Warframe. (Yes, he has 2 useless abilities, namely Freeze and Ice Wave, NO reason to cast those over 3 and 4 unless you use augment). So here is my proposed changelist for him.

Edit: Just wanted to say that my thinking was the following: yknow when you go outside, and your hands start to hurt because you played too much with snow? That is the same thinking towards the Frost changes. The intense cold it's so powerful, that it kills you slowly. I also didn't want to change much of him, since i like hes kit, he just needs a small bump really.

Base Stats

Spoiler

(Values are for unranked Warframes).

Frost:

Health Unchanged

Shield Unchanged

Armor Increased from 300 to 400

Energy increased from 100 to 150

Frost Prime:

Health Unchanged

Shield Unchanged

Armor Increased from 300 to 450

Energy Increased from 100 to 175

P:Passive

Spoiler

There are 2 ways to change this ability by either buffing the base ability (10% to freeze an enemy that MELEE's you it's quite laughable).

Old: Enemies that melee Frost have 50% chance to be frozen for 20 seconds on impact.

Edit: Enemies that hit Frost have a 10% to get frozen for 20 seconds, increased to 50% if the attacker it's using a melee weapon.

New: Frost has a permanent slowing aura around him, that slows enemies for 20% in 10 meters radius).

1.Freeze

Spoiler

Damage increased from 150/225/275/350 to 150/250/350/500

Area Damage increased from 50/100/125/150 to 50/100/150/200

(Freeze) Duration increased from 5/7/12/15 to 5/10/15/20 seconds

Radius increased from 2 meters at all ranks to 2/2/3/4 meters (Now scales with Range mods too).

New: Frost leaves a patch of frost that slows enemies by 75%. (It currently does this, however it is quite literally for show, it looks amazing and all, but serves no purpose, unless it's bugged).

Enemies that are on the patch take 50/100/150/200 damage every second until they leave the area.

2.Ice Wave

Spoiler

Damage increased 300/445/665/700 to 350/450/650/750

New: Enemies hit by this ability are now debuffed. Debuffed enemies will give a total of 5/5/10/10 Shields when killed. (Affected by Strength mods)

3.Ice Globe

Spoiler

Health increased from 3000/4000/45000/5000 to 3000/4000/5000/6000

Radius increased from 5/5/5/5 to 4/4/5/6 meters.

Slow increased from 40/50/60/67% to 40/50/60/75%

New: Enemies that enter the Snow Globe will take 20/30/40/50 + 0.5% of their Max HP every second they remain in the Snow Globe. (Not affected by Strength mods).

4. Avalanche

Spoiler

Just straight up buffs for this one.

Damage increased from 800/1000/1250/1500 to 1000/1250/1500/1750

Shatter damage Unchagned (100/200/300/400)

Duration increased from 5/6/7/8 to 5/8/11/14 seconds

Radius increased from 8/10/12/15 to 10/10/15/20 meters.

Augment: Icy Avalanche: Shield gained per hit increased from 60 to 120 (Why this buff?, Simply put, i loved using this mod Pre-Buff of shields, and i was using Frost quite a lot just to spam 4 and help my allies with this shield like ability, However, this Augment dosen't gives DMG Reduction like shields do, it's still a good augment, but not really point in using it).

33 minutes ago, m3stuart said:

Ice Globe
New: Enemies that enter the Snow Globe will take 20/30/40/50 + 0.5% of their Max HP every second they remain in the Snow Globe. (Not affected by Strength mods).

I am actually quite curious as to why something like this isn't in the game yet...might just make me use Globe.

The debuffs and damage over time all around are a nice idea. I would like a way to combo Freeze's DoT into Ice Wave.
Something like: Freeze patches hit by Ice Wave fan out, extending their range into a cone shape. (the wider part of the cone facing the direction in which Ice Wave was headed)
Or maybe just add it to Ice Wave Impedence.

New passive stacks with Coolant Leak? Anyone here remember Coolant Leak?

Spoiler

latest?cb=20171008162127

+10 from me.

2 hours ago, m3stuart said:
  Hide contents

Augment: Icy Avalanche: Shield gained per hit increased from 60 to 120 (Why this buff?, Simply put, i loved using this mod Pre-Buff of shields, and i was using Frost quite a lot just to spam 4 and help my allies with this shield like ability, However, this Augment dosen't gives DMG Reduction like shields do, it's still a good augment, but not really point in using it).

For me, the reason why I use Icy Avalanche with Frost is the minor detail you left out;  the negation of Status effects and immunity  to knockdown while Icy Armour is active is extremely useful, especially when using weapons such as the Bramma, Ogris, etc.  Not sure what you are talking about when you said the augment "doesn't gives DMG Reduction like shields do" as any damage received will be first absorbed by the Icy Armour before shields or health are effected which is invaluable with squishy frames on your squad.  Not sure if it really needs a buff as I have seen upwards of 3500+ Icy Armour in higher level missions so using your numbers that would mean over 7000+ Ice Armour! Not that I would complain if they buffed it but don't feel its necessary.

Ice Wave should pull Frost to the ground like Khora's Strangledome.

As for Snow Globe, they should bake the augmentation mod into the base version than make it so the augmentation mod the globe moves with him much like how it does for the Artic/Frozen Eximus. Oh, and make it so allies can shoot through Snow Globe.

As for passives maybe make it so his armor affects his shields, or have it so that all his abilities create a zone of slow like Ice Wave Impedance.

On 2020-10-12 at 1:44 AM, m3stuart said:

Augment: Icy Avalanche: Shield gained per hit increased from 60 to 120

Hm, instead of a straight +60 "Icy Skin" value, maybe make it scale with enemy levels,
something like 60 + [enemy level] per hit would make it last a little longer in higher level content.

Also, it needs to take into account all the enemies it ever touched even if those die / leave the AoE before the cast is finished,
same for allies, have them gain Icy Skin even if they leave Avalanche range halfway through the animation.

9 hours ago, Grave.Knight said:

Ice Wave should pull Frost to the ground like Khora's Strangledome.

Why? It's not a stationary construct that needs to anchor itself to the environment.

Ice Wave is a (decently) ranged ability that goes through walls etc, but doesn't have much vertical reach,
so being able to cast it in mid-air can be useful, also for when you're on the move (e.g. while aimgliding).

If you want to descend quickly, do a slam attack.

28 minutes ago, (NSW)Spektr3 said:

It would be great if his 1 or 2 worked kinda like Nezha's 1

Well, which aspect(s) of that ability are you referring to? Fire Walker kinda does a bunch of stuff :P

But yeah, I'm honestly on board with just replacing Freeze already, and / or over-buffing it to like Spores levels of power lol
... in fact, something like an ice version of Spores, spreading Cold procs and damage, could be fun / viable enough.

On 2020-10-11 at 7:57 PM, (XB1)sinamanthediva said:

For me, the reason why I use Icy Avalanche with Frost is the minor detail you left out;  the negation of Status effects and immunity  to knockdown while Icy Armour is active is extremely useful, especially when using weapons such as the Bramma, Ogris, etc.  Not sure what you are talking about when you said the augment "doesn't gives DMG Reduction like shields do" as any damage received will be first absorbed by the Icy Armour before shields or health are effected which is invaluable with squishy frames on your squad.  Not sure if it really needs a buff as I have seen upwards of 3500+ Icy Armour in higher level missions so using your numbers that would mean over 7000+ Ice Armour! Not that I would complain if they buffed it but don't feel its necessary.

I think what he meant was that no damage reduction is applied to the icy avalanche armor i.e. frost's armor etc... while shields have an innate 25% damage reduction that compounds with adaptation. I'm not sure if adaptation stacks with icy avalanche or not but I would suspect it does.

If this were to apply shields instead, however, that would imply the status immunity would no longer be a part of the augment. That would be a rather big loss. I would propose that frost's damage reduction from his armor be applied to the icy avalanche armor. This would help it last a bit longer.

hace 3 horas, NinjaZeku dijo:

which aspect(s) of that ability are you referring to?

Lol, yeah my comment was too broad. The speed buff wouldn't make much sense for Frost, but the rest of the mechanics could work. Leaving a trail of ice shards that lasts X and applies cold status/dmg on enemies or even freezes them in place for a brief time, and stepping on it and cleanses status on self and allies. It could be a nice utility skill imo.

On 2020-10-11 at 7:44 PM, m3stuart said:

3.Ice Globe

Hide contents

Health increased from 3000/4000/45000/5000 to 3000/4000/5000/6000

Radius increased from 5/5/5/5 to 4/4/5/6 meters.

Slow increased from 40/50/60/67% to 40/50/60/75%

I really like the passive part of it. That'd be a really cool implementation. Or if not, bolster allies armor.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Spektr3 said:

Leaving a trail of ice shards that lasts X and applies cold status/dmg on enemies or even freezes them in place for a brief time, and stepping on it and cleanses status on self and allies.

That's kinda still not too different from where we're at currently, in terms of redundancy taking into account what Frost's 3 and 4 can already do.

Freezing enemies, dealing damage, and (with the Augment) negating Status is already all covered by Avalanche.

Snow Globe is a stationary, enduring thing that can freeze enemies on cast, as well as with the Augment,
deal damage (by slamming enemies into walls), and also in a way protect from Status (by blocking bullets), to stretch that one a bit.

... and yes, I'll admit my random "Ice Spores" suggestion wasn't all that new-ground-breaking either, heh.

Archived