Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does every planet and it's nodes have value?

S.Dust

Actual question I want some opinions on this , because to me I feel like there are very few nodes in this game that I will go to unless the game drags me there for like a sortie mission and if you were to drag me to a node in warframe and ask me what node I'm on or even what planet it is, I would have nothing to say cause I'd have no clue. Outside of maybe an earth node because that's one of the more memorable layouts I guess. I haven't finished steel path but all I've realized is there is so much filler in every planet with each node having near no unique reason to go there once you've finished it. Warframe has a select few nodes that matter. I don't think every node needs a unique look but damn it's sad that they don't all have something attached to them that makes them worth even giving a second look. 

unrelated note so many more bosses need rewords like why did the jackal of all things get a rework look at the sergeant (should be renamed dead man walking) the boss is one shot-able, no doubt you can do that to other bosses but damn. Also I really miss relays they're probably one of the only things in the steel path that gives me that omg nostalgia feeling when going through the star chart. 

This depends on whether you are the kind of player who values 100% optimization at all times, or are willing to let your quota slip a bit for some more variety

I for one hate grinding the EXACT same mission over and over, I want a little tweaking in my playtime. So instead of running ESO for the billionth time, I'll check out different missions on different planets. NW this week has "three Exterminate missions", so I ran one on Earth (for the Silver Grove NW at the same time), then one on Pluto, and one on Sedna. Optimal? Heck no, the Optimal would have been to just run three on Mercury. But that's boring to me

Sure there are some modes that are just unquestionably dead even to players like me. Who the heck runs Defense on Earth? It's just slow and unsatisfying. But having different environments to break the monotony is, to me, value

also

27 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

there is so much filler in every planet with each node having near no unique reason to go there once you've finished it.

This specifically used to be much worse. As one example, when I started playing Saturn had 26 nodes. The devs pared that down to 15 nodes in Starchart 3.0

37 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Actual question I want some opinions on this , because to me I feel like there are very few nodes in this game that I will go to unless the game drags me there for like a sortie mission and if you were to drag me to a node in warframe and ask me what node I'm on or even what planet it is, I would have nothing to say cause I'd have no clue. Outside of maybe an earth node because that's one of the more memorable layouts I guess. I haven't finished steel path but all I've realized is there is so much filler in every planet with each node having near no unique reason to go there once you've finished it. Warframe has a select few nodes that matter. I don't think every node needs a unique look but damn it's sad that they don't all have something attached to them that makes them worth even giving a second look. 

unrelated note so many more bosses need rewords like why did the jackal of all things get a rework look at the sergeant (should be renamed dead man walking) the boss is one shot-able, no doubt you can do that to other bosses but damn. Also I really miss relays they're probably one of the only things in the steel path that gives me that omg nostalgia feeling when going through the star chart. 

well there are nodes that have more to it than others, but yea for me nodes like Mars, Pluto, Uranus, Saturn, Phobos for say some need some love something that make them stand on their own. most players usually play on earth, Jupiter, void and Ceres depending what they are farming.

This its not taking into account the Open world maps.

Yes, there is a lot of filler content in the game. Reason for this are unnecessary misison types. When was the last time you logged in and thought "I would really like to do a Capture/Rescue/Sabotage/infested Salvage" and others? Those missions are only played if a fissure happens, because they can be completed rather fast. This however should not be the intrinsic value of a mission.

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

This depends on whether you are the kind of player who values 100% optimization at all times, or are willing to let your quota slip a bit for some more variety

I for one hate grinding the EXACT same mission over and over, I want a little tweaking in my playtime. So instead of running ESO for the billionth time, I'll check out different missions on different planets. NW this week has "three Exterminate missions", so I ran one on Earth (for the Silver Grove NW at the same time), then one on Pluto, and one on Sedna. Optimal? Heck no, the Optimal would have been to just run three on Mercury. But that's boring to me

Sure there are some modes that are just unquestionably dead even to players like me. Who the heck runs Defense on Earth? It's just slow and unsatisfying. But having different environments to break the monotony is, to me, value

Earth defence can be useful for guaranteed spawns of certain rare plants.

... That's it.

I just want certain tilesets to be looked at again:

- Eris/infested ship needs a rework, it doesn't convey the claustrophobic-horror feel DE were going for, rather it's annoying how narrow and windy most of the corridors and doorways are, and a lot more of the ship is intact than there probably should be, given the amount of infestation and the time that has passed since Patient Zero, it should arguably be looking more like Deimos.

- Kuva Fortress, Lua and Sharkwing Uranus nodes need fissures for consistency. I don't know why DE can't code fissures to only appear outside of Sharkwing, apparently that's the reason why. same also applies to Lich missions too.

- Corpus Archwing tiles (the "trench run") needs reworking, but DE said that railjack will be integrated into these missions, so there's a chance this will be remedied.

previous reworks for Jupiter and Corpus Ships ahve been absolutely stunning, I LOVE them. I just want other places to eventually get this level of remastering.

Pretty much every mode has some type of rewards unique to them which leaves the overlap among them distinguished by slightly different level ranges, factions, and tilesets. Which unless you're looking at it from a strict time/effort efficiency stance the variety is there to keep the monotony down. While if you only care about minimizing the time you spend grinding/playing then you could cut out maybe a half to three quarters of the nodes without losing anything.

Also regarding Jackal they're one of the oldest bosses in the game and is (iirc) even an enemy originating from Dark Sector while also being the first boss new players encounter. They're the most important one to get a new coat of paint and lined up with the Corpus Ship rework. While The Sargent has more or less been a placeholder for years now (he used to be Nef Anyo and replacing him with an updated Nef fight was seemingly scrapped when DE turned him into a more prominent background character).

Part of the problem is that Missions like exterminate and capture does not have a mission completion reward (except void missions), so those game modes are a wasteland unless a fissure is in that node. Adding end of mission rewards will definitely make those nodes relevant again.

13 hours ago, prodi1600 said:

Mars

I used to do infested survival on it. It was fast paced low-level enemies. I liked testing some frames/weapons in it. After the change it's soooo slow that I don't bother with it. Afair Deimos still have that tileset.

13 hours ago, S.Dust said:

haven't finished steel path but all I've realized is there is so much filler in every planet with each node having near no unique reason to go there once you've finished it.

There are a lot of tilesets. Each tileset is "something new" however given that most modes (at least that I play) like exterminate, capture, rescue (sometimes) are almost the same. There are some uniques nodes like defense or spies but that's not huge amount of uniqueness.
I like some tilesets like the Void or the Lua (a little). Others are just boring and/or artificially complex (new corpus ships). I would go to other tilesets but DE kills a lot of explorations. There is so many invisible walls, teleportation walls or just death ends that I almost don't bother with exploration.
That's a shame that the artists team is capable of making beautiful things and we are not meant to explore their creations.

Archived