Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Stalker As A Playable Character

KudaGila

Hi there,

Stalker should be feared by players, that happens only to newcomers to the game, since they dont have any good weapons/knowledge of the game and sort of get surprised by him.

I would make a system, where you queue up for a Stalker's job, basicly you would possess his body for one mission, queue would take 20 mins(up to DE). Queue time prevents players from harasing other players, and you can't choose your target.

Once your queue time is done, you get a ready button that you can click straight away or wait for few hours (it helps players who need to do some stuff meanwhile). 

Once you're ready, game takes you in someone's mission, your goal is to kill your target, hunt him down.

As it is now, Stalker avenges fallen bosses, you would do exactly the same, couldn't chat with players and you wouldn't even see their names, only factor that would matter for you, would be glowing target (because Stalker is a master hunter, in his eyes target glows with red color/target would be marked with red layer around the body). 

You have stalker powers, and his weapons, you can't mod it up, everything is done by default, you can't change your looks - sorry, no pink stalkers allowed. As said previously, goal is to kill your target. Once he's dead, you will be teleported out of the mission. If your mission was successfull, you would get a special reward in tokens. This currency would be collected, once you have 20 of them, you can redeem from Stalker's shop some special item (this is up to DE what they want to reward players with, could be resource pack, it could be fusion cores - but it should be something different from normal mission rewards, after all, you did a stalker's job).

After completing 5 missions as Stalker, you would get access to faction discussions. Basicly in a mission, you could bribe corpus/grineer to ignore your presence, which would make it easier for you as it lowers number of attackers you have to deal with. This should cost at least 100k, even more, we need to burn somewhere our credits + it's too good factor, so there has to be a downside to it.

Sum up: Queue up for a Stalker mission, once it's ready, you click Ready and get teleported in somebody's mission. (there should be also protection for new players, until rank 4, players would be attacked only by regular npc stalker). Your goal is to kill the target, if you succeed, you will be teleported out of the mission, reward is a special token. Collect 20 tokens to redeem them in the shop for something extra (up to DE). 

The whole idea is, bring a bit of life and interaction into warframe. Also, Stalker as he is, is not a threat to equiped players, and it's more like a borring part of the game ( oh stalker, yeah what he drops now). Being able to sort of become double agent, and instead of helping your fellow tenno, kill them, will be fun and interesting change to see.

There are tons of ways how to execute this, but main ideas should remain as they are. :)

Have a nice day

Edited by Tripfy

Biggest problem with this?

What if the stalker just attacks everyone else in the group and ignores his target?

Depending on if he gets new players or not he could just cause the rest of the team to use up all revives and kill them again before finally killing his target. Or he could just kill the other members then run and hide and continue to antagonize the group through the entire mission(such as keeping a vital elevator busy by just hammering X so that no one can use it)

There would need to be a timelimit of some sort or a penalty for killing people other than your target.

Overall though I think this would be a horrible idea (for the reasons I listed above and a few more) and dont think it should ever be implemented.

Edited by Tsukinoki

oh hey, the daily "let us play as stalker" thread.

cool.

just had to get this in here amidst all the event hype huh?

good on ya op, we need a bit of the same old same old with all the crazy going on.

that said... no.

/thread

Well that was for sure a valuable response to this thread, how should I aproach it? Maybe next time, try to explain a bit instead of saying simply yes/no. Also, should I hold on my idea what I would like to see implemented in the game, because you saw it several times on forums? Are you aware of fact, that more times it gets mentioned, it's chance to be taken as idea for DE goes up? What if all the rhinoes would give up on crying when iron skin was nerfed?:) But overall your post was neggative, not informative and worth 0 attention. Thank you

Maybe next time, try to explain a bit instead of saying simply yes/no.

ok...

its a bad idea.

one that has been talked about so many times by this point that it warrants the "daily play as stalker" comment. im really not even kidding, its a daily thing.

Are you aware of fact, that more times it gets mentioned, it's chance to be taken as idea for DE goes up?

the more times DE sees a bad idea, the more times we have to deal with things like conclave.

no thanks.

What if all the rhinoes would give up on crying when iron skin was nerfed?

who still cries about tinfoil skin?

its just as good now as it ever was... in fact, its arguably better now than ever.

pointless point is pointless.

:) But overall your post was neggative, not informative and worth 0 attention. Thank you

was not negative before, but i am now.

i have now been informative and helpful.

worthy of the attention it will likely not receive because you wish to prove a point (ironic that im proving a point?).

your welcome.

Edited by alchemistjkt