Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

+2 Base Syndicates

Gentrash

Have been thinking that it would be kind of fun and expand the universe to have more base (sigil rep) syndicates

I was thinking the Mycorna colony from The Glast Gambit for a true infested syndicate.

and, maybe Ballas or someone entirely new for a sentient syndicate.

What syndicates Would you guys find fun and expanding?

If your answer is "None! I hate it!!" please go ahead and skip this thread. 

I see were you guys are coming from, but since all base syndicates are really renegade factions of the established power blocks I figured their is always wiggle room.

I just thought about the Mycorna colony since they harvest a more benign strain of infested.

and I took Ballas as sentient since he was forcefully converted.   

I think DE should just remove the enemy allied/opposed/enemy function from syndicates. It only makes farming different syndicates more difficult, The platoons a hostile syndicate sends are a joke anyway.  It is also just weird doing the exact same mission but wearing the sigil of another faction would make me an enemy  Just remove this nonsense and let us farm the syndicates we want.

2 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

Sentients and Infested are not looking to make friends, so I doubt the possibility of such factions.

While this is generally true, this doesn't mean there isn't room for variation. Sentinels (robotic companions) are Sentients that are friendly to Tenno, and the Infested has so many different strains and adaptations that it's easily conceivable that one could find a sub-faction willing to be symbiotic.

2 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

However, I'd like it if there was some faction tied to the relays. Meaning, the actual denizens/civilians forming some kind of union. 

The Relay staff are part of the Lotus' organisation. I do wish we had more insight into this group, especially now that the Lotus is gone.

2 hours ago, Gentrash said:

I was thinking the Mycorna colony from The Glast Gambit for a true infested syndicate.

The Mycona are ex-Corpus, not Infested. They do live among the Infested and harvest it for tech, so they're definitely associated, but I would say the Entrati are more Infested than the Mycona are. There is a special strain of Technocyte infection that is passed down to certain members of their community (the Triuna), but this only affects one person at a time, and two out of the three options the Tenno can make results in the Triuna strain being eradicated anyway. I do think the Mycona would be a very interesting Syndicate and I want to see more of them, but it's rather a misnomer to call them "true Infested".

maybe Ballas or someone entirely new for a sentient syndicate.

I think DE likes to save the Sentient stuff for "big bad" type stuff – it would sort of dilute the narrative weight if there was just a random Sentient Syndicate. It's like having a Kuva Syndicate. That being said, Ballas is with Erra and Natah, wherever they are, so I think he's sort of busy at the moment.

The Black Seed is a group of Corpus that rejects the doctrine of Profit and are known to use Infestation as weapons. They've only shown up in one Tactical Alert. I'd love to see more of them. I'd also like to see Parvos Granum's splinter faction of the Corpus, but apparently those are becoming the Corpus liches, so that satisfies my itch there. I wish the colony on Mars was still around. They built some really cool temples, but sadly they've been exterminated by the Grineer.

The Entrati are already an "infested" syndicate and the issue with the Myconians is that their quest would need to be retconned first as it had three very different endings. While Ballas is an unfinished story that we still need the rest/continuation of New War to have any idea what would happen to him. And beyond Ballas the only other Sentients that we might be able to interact with would be Alad's Alamgams assuming they would fight against Alad and are still in control of their own faculties.

Though my question is why add onto the Syndicate system for world building when we have other means of doing so already? What would the benefit be of expanding upon that instead of another quest, other external faction like Nora, or just expanding the Leverian?

6 hours ago, Loza03 said:

A sentient syndicate is pretty unlikely, given the circumstances.

Oh right, spoilers...

Spoiler

What about the Lotus syndicate... OK, maybe not Lotus herself but some other Sentients that were reprogrammed by the creators? They could be a syndicate that support the Tenno. And every 6 months we can fight off the enemy Sentients that try to free them from being brainwashed (a new event!)!

4 hours ago, Prexades said:

I think DE should just remove the enemy allied/opposed/enemy function from syndicates. It only makes farming different syndicates more difficult, The platoons a hostile syndicate sends are a joke anyway.  It is also just weird doing the exact same mission but wearing the sigil of another faction would make me an enemy  Just remove this nonsense and let us farm the syndicates we want.

It's definitely a product of not only older game design, but older lore as well. Contrast old Ergo Glast ("We've decided you are bad for business") with new Ergo Glast ("Wealth has no purpose until turned against suffering. I'd wager more if I had it.")

Just now, nslay said:

Hide contents

What about the Lotus syndicate... OK, maybe not Lotus herself but some other Sentients that were reprogrammed by the creators? They could be a syndicate that support the Tenno. And every 6 months we can fight off the enemy Sentients that try to free them from being brainwashed (a new event!)!

Spoiler

I think this might happen, although personally speaking I somewhat doubt the reprogrammed by the creators part of it. Lotus's 'story' reeks to me, given how shifty the other members of the current villainous trio have been. 

Personally, I think it'd happen by virtue of other Sentients sympathetic to the Tenno cause, or at the very least not outright Genocidal. There's pretty compelling evidence that the Sentient's aren't by default mind-controlled, just mentally connected or a hive-mind (to use an example from another series, compare Starcraft's Protoss and Zerg - both bound together, but the former have free will whilst the other are a swarm), and if so, there's a pretty substantial chance that only a portion of the Sentient population is actively seeking mass destruction. If they're a minority, though, that's a perfect opportunity for a Syndicate.

"The Lotus. A minority of the Sentient species disagrees with the zealous church, and believes in co-existance with the Origin system. Most would have preferred to distance themselves, but branded 'heretics' and beaten into submission, they are left with little choice but to offer aid to their antithesis, taking on a name that has become a brand of rebellion."

Assuming Lotus survives the New War intact, and doesn't re-assume her original role (which the former is in question, the latter is quite likely if so given how many non-lotus announcers there are now), I could totally see her running a seperate syndicate. "The Daughter. The Mother. The Queen. The Slave. Natah has lived so many lives, and when she did have choice in that, she took that option from the Tenno. Now, unsure of who she really was, Natah decides to stand with the Tenno, drawing on her myriads of connections in Tau and Origin alike to ensure that nobody loses that right again."

6 hours ago, Gentrash said:

pretty much all the bases are covered: Grineer (Steel Med), Corpus (Perrin Sequence) friendly Infested (Entrati), and oppressed peoples (Ostrons and Solaris). Myconians would be cool, but I'd like there to be revived versions of syndicates mentioned in the Lore, such as the Scoria Assassins. 

also, kill off Conclave and let Teshin be a fully Steel Path based Syndicate. 

An infested and Orokin/Corrupted syndicate would be cool. Maybe Sentient too. They need a better balance too, since Steel and Red are isolated while the other 4 can harbor either of the latter as a side syndicate. 

Overall, it would be nice if they fleshed out all syndicates to be a deeper and more authentic part of the experience. They seem to be isolated to their quests and medallion hunts rather that an integrated part of the game. 

Archived