Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not just give Voidrig Necramechs the Archwing melee?

RedZeroInferno

So!! Archwing is very... non-viable these days, A lot of people don't like playing Archwing missions, and although Railjack did HELP with that quite a bit, most archwing content is basically ignored aside from mastery fodder.

With that said, DE, you've already tried (and Imho succeeded) in making Arch guns viable again with the "Heavy Weapon" Category and the deployment of 'heavy weapons' into missions for higher damage and etc.

My suggestion is, with Necramech Melee being (as it is now) absolute Garbage.. Why not make ArchMelee more viable by giving the Archmelee weapons to Nechramechs ?

((As per usual on any of my posts, I will not be reading "D.E. Can do no wrong" comments and you might as well #*!%off about it.))

1. They never said they won't, it's coming in fact, most likely thanks to the 2nd mech.

2. Look at all the Arch-melee attack animations in Archwing. It's a L-O-T more complicated translating the archmelees into ground-combat than it is for archguns. With Archguns, all but the Dual Decurians are held and fire the same with the "LMG"-grip. Archmelee...are all completely unique. How do you translate those wild movements into ground combat? DE knows they can probably standardize all the attack animations and have only a few unique ones (like Knux), but they also know doing so will invite a well justified backlash. So they're understandably taking their time with this one.

And because bolding in all caps with dashes between each letter still isn't emphasizing my point hard enough. I'll say it again. Translating Archmelee is a L - O - T trickier than translating archguns in ground combat.

I believe that's the plan, though personally I kind of hope for dual wielding Archgun and Arch-melee at the same time, a la Bloodborne. the idea of bombarding an area with Ayanga fire and then punching anything that comes close with a Knux Gauntlet is oh so satisfying. so does having both Knux and going hulk smash mode lol.

the only problem is the animation rigging which would take time if we want each melee to be unique, and even if they use generic swinging and spinning moves, it wouldn't look right with the Knux, and you know Knux would be one of, if not the most popular choice for Necramech Melee. 

There are at least 3 different grip types for the various arch melees. There's the obvious outlier (The Knux, with their twin-fist attacks), but the remainder are also split between weapons where the blade runs parallel to the arm (Akguza, Centaur, Onorix and Rathbone) and weapons where the blade is perpendicular to the arm (Kaszas and the Veritux variants, as well as the upcoming Assault Necramech's sword).

To keep them from looking awkward, all 3 would at the very least need their own idle stance. Ideally, all 3 would also have their own combos.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Skaleek said:

Yeah funny enough this is coming out like... today?

Only with it's own weapon I believe.

Arch Melee may come out later if they can sort the stances out for ground combat or something similar Scott said?

9 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

Only with it's own weapon I believe.

Arch Melee may come out later if they can sort the stances out for ground combat or something similar Scott said?

Oh is that the case? I have not been following it too closely. I thought he was coming with his own melee but we could equip others. Shame

So they can make you grind for new ones and then be tempted to buy a skin for it or dump 5 more forma....

Honestly, it wasnt an accident or oversight. Thats their m.o. 

Everyones grinding mechs. What for? So it can collect dust like our archwings and railjacks? 

Its great they have something for bored people to do but I need to see it "fit" into the rest of the game before I jump in. Already been burned by archwing, railjack, operators and every other disconnected resource/time sink the last few years.

Tired of the self contained gimmick grinds.

Archived