Jump to content

Gauss vs Volt...Who’s the fastest?


Recommended Posts

I always say, Gauss has best acceleration. He was never about top speed. 

He is unbeatable in small maps with lots of turns if a skilled player is controlling him. The only thing I can think of that'd beat that is perhaps a Titania who never crashes. Has anyone been able to control her in a small map at full speed? That'd be some insane skill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Anaktoria said:

Wukong - F - "no racing tech"? Below Mirage? I'm sorry, what??

wukong was banned (titania was also banned a few months ago) from being included.

 

Edit: looking at the clip it may actually be before the wukong rework, where cloud walker sucked ass, hence the f rating. Currnetly, wukong is banned as far as I aware.

Edited by (PS4)CommanderC2121
history
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I love how no one has mentioned that the Gauss build sucks. My "speed" build reaches 2.82 sprint speed, and why in the world did the guass nuke duration, the most important stat for any Gauss build??

Could you clarify how you came upon the 2.82 figure? It seems to be 0.28 higher than the max I have found(2.54). Effectively this would be a 20% mod that I'd be missing. If I include Sprint boost Aura it reaches 2.75. I'm assuming you mean solo specs that can be observed in the arsenal.

The only mod I can find that could make up this difference would be Hastened Step, that oddly enough gives exactly 20%. Sadly this is a Conclave only mod and is thus not usable with the rest of the mods.i

 

By the way, thanks for pointing this out, made me remember that melee passives are actually a thing.

Edited by PhiThagRaid
Hastened Step?
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Could you clarify how you came upon the 2.82 figure? It seems to be 0.28 higher than the max I have found(2.54). Effectively this would be a 20% mod that I'd be missing. If I include Sprint boost Aura it reaches 2.75. I'm assuming you mean solo specs that can be observed in the arsenal.

Maybe amalgam serration

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-10-14 at 12:10 AM, PhiThagRaid said:

You might've noticed I said 2.54 earlier in the post, but only reached 2.20 with warframe mods. This is where Amalgam Serration comes in with it's extra 25%.

 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Maybe amalgam serration

Alas, no already mentioned that addition in my previous post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Could you clarify how you came upon the 2.82 figure? It seems to be 0.28 higher than the max I have found(2.54). Effectively this would be a 20% mod that I'd be missing. If I include Sprint boost Aura it reaches 2.75. I'm assuming you mean solo specs that can be observed in the arsenal.

The only mod I can find that could make up this difference would be Hastened Step, that oddly enough gives exactly 20%. Sadly this is a Conclave only mod and is thus not usable with the rest of the mods.

On the wiki list of sprint speed mods, I have looked at all of them excluding the "speed when aiming" and conclave ones. Thus, either the wiki is outdated with a new mod being released that I've not seen or that 2.82 figure might be inaccurate.

On the other hand, weapon passives are not something I have looked into. The Karyst Prime boasts a passive 10% SS increase. If all these added to the main value the top would technically be 2.89. Thus the assumption that makes the most sense to reach 2.82 would be the inclusion of Sprint boost aura and either the ether daggers or the kogake prime which both give 5%. These weapon passives do not seem to show up in the arsenal menu, even when in captura.

Edited by PhiThagRaid
Found possible 2.82 ss solution
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I love how no one has mentioned that the Gauss build sucks. My "speed" build reaches 2.82 sprint speed, and why in the world did the guass nuke duration, the most important stat for any Gauss build??

You don't need duration for a speed build, since this was before the implementation of Infested mobility. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Konzu's early lunch is faster than both.

He got such a metabolism considering that early lunch line spam, he could subsume a galaxy's worth of frames in a day with all that stomach acid and bile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-10-14 at 8:07 PM, PhiThagRaid said:

Could you clarify how you came upon the 2.82 figure? It seems to be 0.28 higher than the max I have found(2.54). Effectively this would be a 20% mod that I'd be missing. If I include Sprint boost Aura it reaches 2.75. I'm assuming you mean solo specs that can be observed in the arsenal.

The only mod I can find that could make up this difference would be Hastened Step, that oddly enough gives exactly 20%. Sadly this is a Conclave only mod and is thus not usable with the rest of the mods.i

 

By the way, thanks for pointing this out, made me remember that melee passives are actually a thing.

my normal Gauss build includes all sprint speed mods, amalgam serration and Kokage prime. However, I do believe there is a bug with Coaction drift that doesnt show in the arsenal while in the orbiter. However, when in an open world hub (fortuna/cetus, etc) you can see the sprint speed value is higher then shown in arsenal.

Furthermore, for anyone who argues that volt should have the same sprint mods equipped for fairness sake, I agree. Funny enough though, the more sprint mods you add, the faster Gauss out races volt due to his higher base sprint speed. And thats before you add Infested mobility, which again is more effective on Gauss then volt due to the compounding sprint speed Gauss can attain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

my normal Gauss build includes all sprint speed mods, amalgam serration and Kokage prime. However, I do believe there is a bug with Coaction drift that doesnt show in the arsenal while in the orbiter. However, when in an open world hub (fortuna/cetus, etc) you can see the sprint speed value is higher then shown in arsenal.

Furthermore, for anyone who argues that volt should have the same sprint mods equipped for fairness sake, I agree. Funny enough though, the more sprint mods you add, the faster Gauss out races volt due to his higher base sprint speed. And thats before you add Infested mobility, which again is more effective on Gauss then volt due to the compounding sprint speed Gauss can attain.

Cool, I was able to find the correct solution then. No aura effects are shown in the regular arsenal btw, this it would make sense for coaction to not show up.(from my testing with the ether daggers, melee passives never show up in the arsenal) 

With raw numbers, coaction drift with sprint boost is never worth it. You are using a full modslot to gain 0.15x0.15xbase sprint speed. That is a max of 0.0315 sprint speed you are adding, in comparison to the worst powerstength mod(assuming IM is subsumed onto the WF) gives 0.6x0.15xbase sprint speed, that is guaranteed 4 times as much speed. But if you are maxing str, the smallest str mod you'll have on would be augers secrets at 24%. Thus 0.6x0.24x base sprint speed maxed at 0.2016. That is a 6.4x greater use of a modslot when maxing sprintspeed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Titania with razorwing blitz is the fastest,not really a contest if we're talking single party speed frames vs another.
I am become speed.master of ramming into walls and forever being stun locked due to constantly ragdolling against doorways as I try to path through them at the speed of light.
I used to be a volt speed main but then I took a titania to the knee.

If we're only allowed to compare volt speed to gauss speed then it's completely dependent on level layout. If you're playing something with a ton of turns like infested ship then volt will get you through faster than gauss but if you're playing something more open like void missions then it's hard for volt to speed past gauss.
Gauss moves faster in straight lines while volt moves faster at turns and jumping over obstacles while retaining speed.
Neither of them is better at all level layouts by themselves. Speed frames are different sized wrenches so just use the right sized wrench for the right job..or use titania lol.

The only obstacle that exists to titania speed is how fast your reflexes are and your memorization of level layouts the instant you hit the next tile since it only takes a moment to cross into the next tile.

Edited by wizardeiges
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wizardeiges said:

If we're only allowed to compare volt speed to gauss speed then it's completely dependent on level layout. If you're playing something with a ton of turns like infested ship then volt will get you through faster than gauss but if you're playing something more open like void missions then it's hard for volt to speed past gauss.
Gauss moves faster in straight lines while volt moves faster at turns and jumping over obstacles while retaining speed.
Neither of them is better at all level layouts by themselves. Speed frames are different sized wrenches so just use the right sized wrench for the right job..or use titania lol.

Don't forget with the addition of Infested mobility Gauss can still maintain a fair amount of speed without the use of of his [Mach Rush].

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...