Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poe On 11Th Place And Warframe Is On 12Th

SonicSonedit

• 2 weeks later...

Path of exile looks like an 90s typical grindfest game like torchlight or diablo.I don't see why people would play that.

Because Diablo is great game.

Also because the people who are developing the game set out to "Create an RPG that WE would want to play"

Also since it is made in NZ and anything made in NZ is immediately amazing.

Because Diablo is great game.

Also because the people who are developing the game set out to "Create an RPG that WE would want to play"

Also since it is made in NZ and anything made in NZ is immediately amazing.

Yeah,but i mean,it's the same thing.You got couple of classes which have unoriginal skills,you got N64 graphics,random swords and stuff dropping,and all you do is fight enemies with level restrictions hoping to become strong enough to kill the enemy with 1 level more each time.

What does it have going for it?

Edited by VodkaGR

Yeah,but i mean,it's the same thing.You got couple of classes which have unoriginal skills,you got N64 graphics,random swords and stuff dropping,and all you do is fight enemies with level restrictions hoping to become strong enough to kill the enemy with 1 level more each time.

Diverse skills, fun gameplay, the alure of the loot piñata.

It is fun to play. 

Wait that not a good enough answer?

Well ok, here is my personal opinion, note how I say personal.

Firstly what attracted me to give it a go was the fact that it was a game developed in my own county, not something I've really had the pleasure of before. And as such, whilst playing through I've enjoyed seeing all the little bits of Kiwiana that have been included.

As to the graphics, sure they might not be the best, but GG studios have captured an awesome aesthetic for their game, and that is infinitely more important in terms of player enthrallment.

The game is a great example of a F2P title, allowing you to experience the full story for nothing, and then, when you want to play a bit more seriously you go ahead and buy items. No P2W.

As to the skills and stuff, how is the fact they they are not completely unoriginal bad? I mean throwing blades, a short damage buff or a quick teleport are staples of any game of that type, and no-one moans about that because by refusing to use them you gimp the player. Its like going into a shooter game and complaining that an automatic assault rifle is unoriginal.

The enemy and loot thing can be explained simply by saying that it is an RPG. RPGs are ALL about getting better gear and defeating stronger and stronger opponents. Sure you can say you don't like the genre, but to say that a game has nothing going for it because it is a part of said genre is just a bit silly.

Finally one of the really awesome things is the skill tree you get. The thing is massive, and lets you build a character exactly the way that you want. I mean c'mon, look at the thing

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/362/4/9/poe_skill_tree__by_jawsofhana-d4kgzrv.jpg

It's a fun game to play and that is enough for me. And that is the same reason I play Warframe, because it is fun, because when it comes down to it, you shouldn't really need any other reason to play a game. And if it isn't fun to play then don't play it, simple as that.

Ok,i get it.Seems i mostly dislike the genre,so everything looks the same to me.Warframe is the only game i have played more than 2 hours that has leveling enemies etc.

Thanks for the detailed post.I might even try that

No problem. happy to help.

But I'm currently addicted to Space Engineers.

Like seriously addicted. I didn't go to bed until 4am yesterday...

Couldn't not search it... looks like "minecraft in space with spaceships" kinda interesting concept but... what's the goal of that game? i'm a bit lost :S

Couldn't not search it... looks like "minecraft in space with spaceships" kinda interesting concept but... what's the goal of that game? i'm a bit lost :S

Well it is in pre-alpha at the moment, but it seems there will be a survival mode where you build up a base or something.

Also there are plans for multiplayer and combat stuff too. 

I've just been building ships seeing how they do and then crashing them into things. It's fun.

I'll also just plug http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnHoTcbg7Uw'>this

Think poe got a real boost for blizzard screwed up diablo 3 so much.

Poe is more fun just like diablo 2 was.

I have it on good authority that D3 is awesome on the PS3. No auction house, better loot and rolling makes it a top tier game, apparently.

Well with expansion incoming D3 still has a chance... i dont know how many of you remember how much greater D2 became after Lord of Destruction release...

But with the paragon system, it is still no different. 

People will only play 1 kind of class still unless they are uber rich.