Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pangolin Prime Crit Build

(NSW)MrRamey

Question

So earlier I ask about slash build vs elemental build. Learned so much for you all about that, but forgot to ask about a Crit only build. So I have the Pangolin Prime and everywhere I look people suggest about the same melee build depending on your forma. Condition Overload, Organ Shatter, Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds, Bezerker, Viral (we discussed that and thanks) with maybe a Reach mod. I am not a math or modding guru so I want to ask the community is that the BEST build or is there something better. Like if I add more forma or something. There are so many mods so many choices LOL.

I have put 3 forma in so far and was wondering about a different build with Prime Reach, Sacrificial mods, Gladiator Might, Blood Rush, Organ Shatter, and Buzz Kill for a crit/slash build.  Seems to jump to red crits faster.  l really enjoy Warframs ability to do what ever, but wanted to ask the community your thought. What would possibly be a crazy maxed out build. As always you all know much more than I. Thanks in advance.

19 answers to this question

8 часов назад, Traubenzuckr сказал:

heard of combo efficiency? (you probably haven't as long as you're saying these things...)

I see.. You have no idea how Heavy Attack builds work. I will explain.

1) You press F to make melee your main weapon;

2) You come to enemy and press >Heavy attack button< ONCE;

3) Enemy dies from slash proc, because some stances give guaranteed slash procs on heavy attack.

You don’t need any *%#>*^ Bloodrush  and combo efficiency mods.

it is a lot of work, but the issue here is not what you can get with a moderate amount of effort but....

"the highest crit chance you can achieve in single swing" - i was merely addressing the veracity of this statement

the highest crit chance is achieved with blood rush on a combo efficiency based heavy attack build, not with the sacrificial mod based "heavy spam" build

with the combo efficiency build (and max efficiency) you can still spam heavy attacks, and because of the combo multiplier you do like 3x more damage, so the effort is well worth it

10 минут назад, Traubenzuckr сказал:

you just need to use a riven for max efficiency

Getting specific riven for special weapon is too much work. Or too expensive. I do understand point of your combo efficiency heavy attack build, but it way more requirements to work properly than simple HA build with Sacrifice Mods. And so there is no much point in this when you can just slap WW+BR+CO and have completely the same gameplay with more impact. 

4 часа назад, Traubenzuckr сказал:

it's incredible how you still haven't even googled combo efficiency

i'll just repeat it: combo efficiency

I know what the combo efficiency is. But it makes things too much complicated - first you need to use garbage mods to get maximum efficiency and on second you need to use another garbage mods to get combo duration, or you're wasted (I don't count Naramon focus and rivens with those stats, it's another useless layer of complexity). What the real point of doing it when you can spam heavy attack only to kill anything on SP below lvl 200. If I want to play with max combo I take combo based crit build, why I should use combo crit build for heavy attacks when I don't need to do it.

On 2020-10-13 at 10:18 AM, (NSW)MrRamey said:

What would possibly be a crazy maxed out build. 

That what the Op asked...  and i gave an example

and it was more about showing the Tools to theory craft and what not

I would like to think Warframe allows people to play the playstyle they want.

your opinion on your type of build and what best is just that...

your opinion and thanks for sharing it

But can we keep it civil?

2 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

It is but you don’t want to understand “single swing” condition. It means you just running and spam HA button, not making 12x combo and than HA, because it’s not “single swing” anymore , you cannot spam HA in this build and it cannot be optimal HA build (That works atcleast below 300 lvl SP enemies) , it becomes regular BR crit melee build where you eventually... (why?) press HA to ....drop your all your combo stacks... 

it's incredible how you still haven't even googled combo efficiency

i'll just repeat it: combo efficiency

1 час назад, Traubenzuckr сказал:

i know how heavy attack builds work, but you don't know that blood rush affords more critical chance than sacrificial steel, even on heavy attacks, when combo efficiency is used

you said "Sacrifice mods at least I use only for Heavy attack builds, because it’s the highest crit chance you can achieve in single swing."

it is false
blood rush is +660% critical chance and if you lose a stack you drop to 600%, and that's still higher than +550% crit chance afforded by sacrificial steel with the set bonus

i'm not saying you need blood rush to use heavy attacks, but you can use blood rush, and you will have more crit chance if you do so

It is but you don’t want to understand “single swing” condition. It means you just running and spam HA button, not making 12x combo and than HA, because it’s not “single swing” anymore , you cannot spam HA in this build and it cannot be optimal HA build (That works atcleast below 300 lvl SP enemies) , it becomes regular BR crit melee build where you eventually... (why?) press HA to ....drop your all your combo stacks... 

On 2020-10-15 at 8:40 AM, SpiritTeA said:

I see.. You have no idea how Heavy Attack builds work. I will explain.

1) You press F to make melee your main weapon;

2) You come to enemy and press >Heavy attack button< ONCE;

3) Enemy dies from slash proc, because some stances give guaranteed slash procs on heavy attack.

You don’t need any *%#>*^ Bloodrush  and combo efficiency mods.

i know how heavy attack builds work, but you don't know that blood rush affords more critical chance than sacrificial steel, even on heavy attacks, when combo efficiency is used

you said "Sacrifice mods at least I use only for Heavy attack builds, because it’s the highest crit chance you can achieve in single swing."

it is false
blood rush is +660% critical chance and if you lose a stack you drop to 600%, and that's still higher than +550% crit chance afforded by sacrificial steel with the set bonus

i'm not saying you need blood rush to use heavy attacks, but you can use blood rush, and you will have more crit chance if you do so

1 минуту назад, Traubenzuckr сказал:

the highest crit chance you can achieve a in single swing is done with blood rush, not sacrificial mods

Make 220 hits first to make one maxed heavy attack hit (which whole your build is built around) it’s not a single swing. 

On 2020-10-14 at 12:02 AM, SpiritTeA said:

Sacrifice mods at least I use only for Heavy attack builds, because it’s the highest crit chance you can achieve in single swing.  For everything else... It’s pretty bad

the highest crit chance you can achieve a in single swing is done with blood rush, not sacrificial mods

Some times playing around with some of the on~line tools can save you a lot of frustrations after the mutli forma build that just dont live up to your expectations

Might i suggest

http://warframe-builder.com/

http://warframe-builder.com/s/e9ba423ee7e73d0d

sWwW5fF.jpg

you can also do your rivens  via the edit

and Semlar.com has a zaw /kitgun and amp builder

both are great tools to see what your end result will be rather then in game trial and error

Also  imo find a stance you like for your playstyle...  nothing worst then a weapon stance you cant stand

I've pretty much stopped running elemental damage on most melee since I run utility weapons to prime for Condition Overload. On my go to slash melee builds I run Condition Overload, Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds, Berserker, Primed Reach, Organ Shatter/Gladiator Might, a Primed Smite mod and riven with some combination of critical damage/attack speed/range/-. If you aren't running a riven just run both Gladiator Might and Organ Shatter. 

Smite mods are very good on slash melee builds since it is a total damage multiplier. They also double dip on damage increasing the initial hit and then the damage of the DoT slash status effect. 

The 'best build' for the pangolin prime is going to be a crit-status hybrid if you are going for regular combat with it.

A crit only setup would be more viable if you were going for a pure heavy attack build.

There are three category of melee weapons. 

Crit, status and hybrid.

Pangolin is a hybrid weapon and most effectively uses a hybrid build.

Hybrid weapons are the current meta. By building it with pure crit or pure status you are essentially limiting its output potential since both pure status and pure crit builds are not comparable to a high end hybrid setup.

The thing with the sacrificial mods is that you can usually get more damage out of condition overload/primed pressure point and bloodrush, than you can from the sac set.

And buzzkills slash increase doesn't affect the slash proc damage, just increases the amount of slash on a weapon making to more likely to select slash when you apply a status

Gladiator might I'd use if the base crit damage was 2.2 or higher probably.

Archived