Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus augment idea?

Thawfoot

Neither Desecrate nor Pilfering Swarm scale off of Power Strength... you might be thinking of Ore Gaze (Atlas' Petrify Augment).

Should Larva have a loot increasing augment? I don't think so. Larva is already a solid ability. Petrify is the only loot increasing Helminth ability which gives it an advantage against the others. This would be lost with that addition to Larva.

what about a different kind of "loot" power for the link? for example, after taking X amount of transfer damage the linked enemy would drop a health orb. so as you get hurt (and the linked target gets hurt by proxy) they drop health orbs that you can use to recover some of your lost health.

30 minutes ago, Gashabae said:

Neither Desecrate nor Pilfering Swarm scale off of Power Strength... you might be thinking of Ore Gaze (Atlas' Petrify Augment).

Should Larva have a loot increasing augment? I don't think so. Larva is already a solid ability. Petrify is the only loot increasing Helminth ability which gives it an advantage against the others. This would be lost with that addition to Larva.

i think when OP mentioned "max strength" i think they meant when the augment mod/ability is at max rank.

I agree though that Larva doesn't need a loot augment, it's a great ability without it.

25 minutes ago, Gashabae said:

Neither Desecrate nor Pilfering Swarm scale off of Power Strength.

Sorry should have been clearer here,

at max rank desecrate Its 54%

as far as another loot ability besides ore gaze.

well  i have to disagree as ore gaze much like these other loot augments is that.. an augment

allowing player to decide if that what they want

like the way they decide is roar or empower or eclipse is what they want

and if there is a worry about the multi loot aka double dip if that not already solved by the recent changes

it seem like the power buffing abilities perhaps one could override the other

Anyway its a discussion ... i would just like to see the nidus in the group to have another role beside hiding in the  corner trying to getting stacks

Sure maybe that not how you play it.. not arguing

But that how i see a lot of them played

20 minutes ago, Thawfoot said:

Sorry should have been clearer here,

at max rank desecrate Its 54%

My mistake, given the context that makes much more sense and I should've noticed.

It's possible that they could exist simultaneously but there's still the concern of Petrify being overlooked by Larva (remember that Petrify costs 3x more than Larva and doesn't group enemies).

The abilities stacking was never really a concern since they actually don't work together.

The question of how it would stack with other abilities -- I'd imagine it would function in a similar manner to Pilfering Strangledome/Swarm. Whether that's the case or not there should be some thought into how it would interact with other loot abilities.

**the changes you were referring to found below**

Warframe Looting Ability Changes:
Warframe Loot Abilities will again be able to yield multiple-drops from already looted corpses. A single enemy can be looted by at most one Ability from each group - which is how it worked before, this just clarifies it. Warframe Looting Abilities have been split into separate functionality groups for clarity:

1. Loot while alive: Ivara
  2. Loot petrified: Atlas 
  3. Loot on death: Wukong, Khora, Hydroid. An enemy can only be killed once, they can’t ‘die’ multiple times.  
  4. Loot corpse: Nekros, Chesa

- Megan (found here)

If it weren't for the Helminth system I'd be a lot less hesitant since the augment isn't bad in theory (although I don't think he needs it).

... but it's just a difference of opinion (as you said) and at the end of the day I wouldn't mind if they made the augment whether I think he needs it or not.

Archived