Cambion Drift - Some Keys Stop Working (movement & attack)

ThePowerTool

Just now, 2 times in a row I have been well-into a solo free-roam in the Cambion Drift strictly to fish and suddenly, without warning, movement and attack keys stop working.

I would press w, a, s, d, q, e, and left-mouse-click with no results.

Right mouse click works.

Escape works

T opens the text window and I am able to use all keys as expected.

I am forced to abort to find yet another bug--I had no mission rewards or bonuses, the wording from DE promises loot is retained (as in other free roam and railjack missions) but then after aborting (tested both to Orbiter and to Nekralisk) I get an empty loot window.

I verified this is strictly limited to the game client (because alt-tab to any other application, while experiencing the bug, shows all keys functioning normally).

I can't fish.

I have opened a ticket and am also posting, here.

Any pointers, clues or help sincerely appreciated.

Thank you very much!

6 hours ago, ThePowerTool said:

Just now, 2 times in a row I have been well-into a solo free-roam in the Cambion Drift strictly to fish and suddenly, without warning, movement and attack keys stop working.

I would press w, a, s, d, q, e, and left-mouse-click with no results.

Right mouse click works.

Escape works

T opens the text window and I am able to use all keys as expected.

I am forced to abort to find yet another bug--I had no mission rewards or bonuses, the wording from DE promises loot is retained (as in other free roam and railjack missions) but then after aborting (tested both to Orbiter and to Nekralisk) I get an empty loot window.

I verified this is strictly limited to the game client (because alt-tab to any other application, while experiencing the bug, shows all keys functioning normally).

I can't fish.

I have opened a ticket and am also posting, here.

Any pointers, clues or help sincerely appreciated.

Thank you very much!

I recorded a video about this bug that might help as well. This bug has been happening to me for months and it's practically impossible to get the fishing rewards, if at one time or another this bug ends up happening and forcing you to abort the mission.

This happens in both solo and public sessions. At some point of the fishing, when your fishing spear is about to come back to you, it seems that it gets stuck in another state, as if it was no longer making some transition of animation or entity... I don't know how or what it can be for sure...

Here's the link video I recorded before sending this, and my experience with the bug in game: 

At 08:00 minutes it's a good mark reaching the bug moment, which starts exactly at 08:42 minutes.

I've tried several things just like ThePowerTool and noticed some things.

You can't: 

- Do any kind of Movement (Walking, Crouching, Sliding, Jumping, etc.)
- Attack
- Use the Gear Wheel
- Switch Weapons
- Interact with near objectives, objects or animals (eg.: if you hunted an animal and stunned it next to you, but left the rescue interaction for later, you can't rescue the animal pressing X even if it stunned in front of your feet)
- Switch to the Operator Mode (Transference)

You can:

- Open the chat
- Pause the game (ESC or P)
- Turn around your camera, pressing or not the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON (the default ZOOM key)

The "/unstuck" command doesn't work in this case. If you use it, you can notice that you will in fact be dropped/placed in the same position you were, but you'll still not be able to move you Warframe, and looking the way the game acts while using this command makes me think that, to the game client, your character isn't stucked on the ground or object, in the open world... It acts like you have LOST the entire control of your character to the game/keyboard. The only way to actually debug is being killed by an enemy and not getting up, and spent one life after it to get up! I don't know if it is a bad idea or not but... sometimes a command like "/suicide" would maybe be good to these kind of situations, but maybe people would like the make a bad use of it, in some way.

I didn't opened a ticket in the support page because I thought the options avaliable there were slighty away from what I want to report here and I was a bit confused too.

I'm sure this video and these facts can help you from DE in some way. 

Thanks for your attettion! We'll be waiting for news. :)

I lost track of time because I was having so much fun and then lost 2 solid hours of farming for Deimos weapons and Voidrig.

I am sure this is impacting a larger number of users and am hopeful more will reply here.

I posted on Tuesday and no word (as seen above) from development.  I don't expect immediate responses but this is too long.

Losing 2 hours just ripped all the fun out of the game.  I don't have much choice about playing (because I have friends I play with) but I won't be spending any more money on this game until I know I won't lose everything without recourse from missions.  I'll also be pressing my friends to stop.  Maybe we will find another game until loot isn't randomly taken away like a punishment.

Archived