Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to do exploiter orb?

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

Question

I was trying to do it solo because i have bad internet connection, but during her phase in which it has to overheat, the smaller spiders can undo 20 seconds of progress in less than 3 seconds just by instantly shooting their coolant on to the exploiter. I wasted 40 minutes and 1 diluted thermia because i ended aborting the mission.

It wasn't really causing me trouble because of the damage, the thing that caused me trouble was that nora's guys appeared and tried calling support plus the damn little spiders.

Does Nova work on those enemies? or what recommendations can you do for that stage.

14 answers to this question

The more Thermia you throw at her, the faster her heat gauge increases. Eventually the spiders can't keep up, even if you don't kill any of them.

To make it a bit easier solo, one thing you can do is hoarding canisters. Kill spider, take canister, dilute it in fissure and drop all canisters in one spot. Once you have collected a few, you can just throw them one after the other to make her heat instantly increase. Then you can hop into Archwing and just focus on killing all incoming spiders while she heats up. Takes a bit longer than if you would kill all spiders while collecting and throwing canisters, but it's easier to kill all spiders and it's more relaxed for solo play imo.

12 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Keep on stacking on the thermia, there is a mechanic that the more thermia you chuck at her, the faster she REHEATS

To add on: Exploiter will need a specific amount of Canisters thrown to overheat her instantly. A failsafe should the fight last too long.

1. Phase 1 needs just 5 canisters.
  2. Phase 2 needs around 8 canisters.
  3. Phase 3 needs around 12 canisters.
14 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Zephyr, Gara, Gauss are all quite effective for keeping the coolant raknoids away from her.

Titania's a great choice too. Phase 1 (inside Deck 12), her Dex Pixia shreds the cooling vents while Lanterned Mite Raknoids will draw Exploiter's plasma cannon fire away. Titania can simply hover over Exploiter and gun down Coolant Raknoids as they get close.

hace 3 minutos, -CdG-Zilchy dijo:

Zephyr, Gara, Gauss are all quite effective for keeping the coolant raknoids away from her.

I have 2 of them and i'm farming gauss. And about the other mechanic, i didn't know, i threw thermia at it  but didn't see any significant increase, maybe i wasn't doing it enough.

Anyways, thanks a lot.

Just now, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

I have 2 of them and i'm farming gauss. And about the other mechanic, i didn't know, i threw thermia at it  but didn't see any significant increase, maybe i wasn't doing it enough.

Anyways, thanks a lot.

Glad I could help. With Gara you just build for max range for the glass wall, it can block the raknoids. Jump and cast it to get a higher wall for the varied terrain. It is annoying that it will get broken from time to time just recast. Zephyr is all about using Turbulence but for casual runs I find Gara far easier. If you have using Gara in the first stage, getting shot, you can use Amesha Archwing for it, activate your 1 and throw thermia while invulnerable.

4 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

I was trying to do it solo because i have bad internet connection, but during her phase in which it has to overheat, the smaller spiders can undo 20 seconds of progress in less than 3 seconds just by instantly shooting their coolant on to the exploiter. I wasted 40 minutes and 1 diluted thermia because i ended aborting the mission.

It wasn't really causing me trouble because of the damage, the thing that caused me trouble was that nora's guys appeared and tried calling support plus the damn little spiders.

Does Nova work on those enemies? or what recommendations can you do for that stage.

As for frames, I prefer farming Exploiter with Wisp: in Phase 1 arcs from shock motes show me where the small spiders are, in Phase 2 I just put down 3 sets of haste+health reservoirs for healing and mobility.

The annoying part of farming exploiter solo are the times in Phase 2 when there are no fractures open. This happens at the start of the phase and may happen just after an overheat if you are unlucky (if she overheats just as she's refreshing the fractures - she extinguishes the old ones and overheats before making new ones)

For the initial one, you just bring a full can from deck 12 - that tends to be enough to get her started. To counteract such issues after 1st and 2nd overheat, I tend to store a bunch of full cans before overheating her for the first time. Then if she leaves no fractures after first overheat, I just use the thermia cans I've stored to get her started. Otherwise I just use them immediately after the second overheat.

Whenever you do have fractures available during the fight - just keep throwing thermia cans. After a few of them her heat buildup will start out-pacing the cooling the spiders provide.

10 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

As for frames, I prefer farming Exploiter with Wisp: in Phase 1 arcs from shock motes show me where the small spiders are, in Phase 2 I just put down 3 sets of haste+health reservoirs for healing and mobility.

The annoying part of farming exploiter solo are the times in Phase 2 when there are no fractures open. This happens at the start of the phase and may happen just after an overheat if you are unlucky (if she overheats just as she's refreshing the fractures - she extinguishes the old ones and overheats before making new ones)

For the initial one, you just bring a full can from deck 12 - that tends to be enough to get her started. To counteract such issues after 1st and 2nd overheat, I tend to store a bunch of full cans before overheating her for the first time. Then if she leaves no fractures after first overheat, I just use the thermia cans I've stored to get her started. Otherwise I just use them immediately after the second overheat.

Whenever you do have fractures available during the fight - just keep throwing thermia cans. After a few of them her heat buildup will start out-pacing the cooling the spiders provide.

Not too sure why you would need Wisp for survivability, Exploiter Orb can't really hurt you in phase 2 and in phase 1 Archwing will make you invulnerable. But hey if you like using Wisp, go for it.

9 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Exploiter Orb can't really hurt you in phase 2 and in phase 1 Archwing will make you invulnerable

Don't like using archwing in cramped spaces. But if you feel the need to - go ahead. During phase 2, Wisp motes are mostly about mobility (hence the speed one). But being able to simply not think about the orb's flamethrower (since the healing mote outheals its damage) is nice too. And the shock mote is useful during Phase 1 to see where the mites are.

As for you Gara strats - that could probably work. But if I need to farm some boss a lot (I get a resource booster and do 30 runs in a weekend every month or so), I prefer using some more interactive strats to make things less boring. Chasing the coolant spiders down with pistols makes things at least somewhat engaging.

Don't like using archwing in cramped spaces. But if you feel the need to - go ahead. During phase 2, Wisp motes are mostly about mobility (hence the speed one). But being able to simply not think about the orb's flamethrower (since the healing mote outheals its damage) is nice too. And the shock mote is useful during Phase 1 to see where the mites are.

As for you Gara strats - that could probably work. But if I need to farm some boss a lot (I get a resource booster and do 30 runs in a weekend every month or so), I prefer using some more interactive strats to make things less boring. Chasing the coolant spiders down with pistols makes things at least somewhat engaging.

That's fair enough, if you want to chase them down you can also try Gauss on max speed, that's pretty fun for running down those raknoids :D 
I use Archwing only cos Amesha means I don't have to concern myself with building my frame to take a hit or staying in operator, for example building Gara purely for range doesn't make for a great damage reduction. Using Archwing also makes throwing the cannisters between 2 vents at a time hilariously easy. Haven't had a problem with the flame damage in phase 2 however, Magus Repair can undo what little damage she's capable of inflicting.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Haven't had a problem with the flame damage in phase 2 however, Magus Repair can undo what little damage she's capable of inflicting.

I prefer Elevate instead of Repair, but same difference. The only reason I need the health mote in Phase 2 is that I completely disregard the flamethrower. If there's a can on the ground next to a fracture under the orb - I'll just go there and do my thing, even if the flamethrower is on and directed at me point-blank.

Might try Gauss at some point - haven't played him much so far. But I'm not actually "running down" the raknoinds: I treat it as a shooting gallery, not a race.

I prefer Elevate instead of Repair, but same difference. The only reason I need the health mote in Phase 2 is that I completely disregard the flamethrower. If there's a can on the ground next to a fracture under the orb - I'll just go there and do my thing, even if the flamethrower is on and directed at me point-blank.

Same I just have never noticed that it does any damage. Perhaps it's just Arcane Guardian proccing. 

Archived