Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i want a new opticor...

Luciole77

41 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

"Faster" dont mean powerfull.....original opticor its a lot better because we can see "boom" explosive effect with a lot more slash.....

A different ratio of per-shot damage to Fire Rate can very well mean more powerful.
If you want a slow, massive-damage-per-shot Opticor, use the old one.

And dunno what you mean by Slash, the Vandal in fact has more Slash damage per shot, both in % and actual numbers.
(Not that either weapon really works well as a Slash proc delivery method, outside of HunMun.)

Did you maybe mean to say splash damage, as in Blast Radius?
Sure, the nerf change in that regard is a bit sad, but Opticor's damage was always primarily from direct hits, anyway.

26 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

lich opticore, lower damage then vandal, higher AoE, full auto with higher rate of fire then vandal, ultimatly, same base damage per second as the regular opticor befor the bonus damage addition.

Plus a hidden passive:  +66% Forum and Youtube Drama bonuses.

On 2020-10-14 at 9:54 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Yes, a faster, more Crit-reliable, ultimately-higher-DPS Opticor.

What was DE thinking.

If you're going to cut 60% of a BFG's base damage, you might as well make it a new weapon. That way i could say the Kuva Bramma is also a faster, more crit-reliable and ultimately-higher-DPS Opticor just with a different model. You don't just take away what makes an Opticor the Opticor and change the stats around and say "hey but it has more dps now!". So yeah, it is a mess actually.

В 14.10.2020 в 12:54, NinjaZeku сказал:

Yes, a faster, more Crit-reliable, ultimately-higher-DPS Opticor.

What was DE thinking.

I got regular Opticor after Vandal variant and i must say, i wish regular was MUCH stronger, i liked it much more than the Vandal.

4 часа назад, BloodKitten сказал:

lich opticore, lower damage then vandal, higher AoE, full auto with higher rate of fire then vandal, ultimatly, same base damage per second as the regular opticor befor the bonus damage addition.

I would much prefer it coming back to it's origins instead of making (Opticor Vandal) Vandal
A huge f* off cannon with high alpha, instead of a.... Opticor/Ignis/Glaxion Hybrid that you're suggesting??

7 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

but why is the opticor vandal a "true mess"?

I’m just guessing here but I assume they mean how different it is from the base weapon. It almost feels like a different weapon rather than an opticor variant, even if it is still a good weapon. I don’t think this makes it a mess, that’s just my guess at what OP meant.

On 2020-10-14 at 5:07 AM, Luciole77 said:

From the corpus girl....please DE....make us happy.

opticor vandal was a true mess....

What the hell are you talking about? Opticor Vandal is a fantastic weapon and doesn't need an upgrade. The Corpus Lich-equivalent should focus entirely on brining up long neglected and weak weapons, like Tetra, Dera, Flux Rifle.

8 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

but why is the opticor vandal a "true mess"?

Too much colored, very bad sound when shooting...damage not good as original. vandal is fast but seens to be another thing, dont have the fell of the "boom" thing....

13 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

Too much colored, very bad sound when shooting...damage not good as original. vandal is fast but seens to be another thing, dont have the fell of the "boom" thing....

Just because the base damage is lower doesn’t mean the total DPS is worse.

Vandal definitely has a higher DPS output, although I agree it doesn’t feel as good to use.

On 2020-10-13 at 11:07 PM, Luciole77 said:

opticor vandal was a true mess....

It is mathematically better DPS than the regular Opticor and feels better to use on top of that.  It's literally just an upgraded version.  I'm not saying I wouldn't take a third variant, like a Kuva Opticor or whatever when Corpus Liches hits, but we don't need one and the Vandal is great.

The problem with vandal opticor is that it got created with the mindset that OPTICOR was the best weapon in the game, Vandal means its suposed to be a better version of the original, is vandal better then the normal opticor , of course not, opticor was suposed to be a Beam laser cannon to give big amounts of dmg, its downtime was the fact to do that u de need to charge the weapon, u got weapons that kill because they shoot insanely quick so it feels like a 1 shot but the opticor u had to charge aim then shoot, and hope it hits, which isnt a problem, but vandal is a downgrade from opticor, because the dmg isnt there, i got a crit chance/crit dmg/dmg riven for opticor and the dmg of it is lower then a lot of other weapons without a freaking riven... it just makes no sense, its faster, but thats not what opticor suposed to be, u could have added just a bit better faster charge to make it better then the original instead u increase the charge but lower the dmg by a ton... it makes no sense, it is as opticor was the best weapon in the game, havent u guys used rubico prime with eidolons before... its fast shooting, fast reload, and good dmg, a actually proper upgrade from its couter part, almost a perfect weapon, but no lets released an upgraded version of the opticor, ah but this one lets make it worst, to be diferent-.-. God it makes no sense...

Archived