Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ALBUM, the recorder Warframe!

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

WARFRAME THEME AND PLAYSTYLE: video recording, chronological rebroadcasting and mimicing enemies and allies alike, ALBUM sees it all and knows it all.

ALBUM'S ABILITIES: 

RECORD(FIRST ABILITY): HOLD to open up a video recorder which locks on and records the first spotted ally or enemy, gathering information about their moves and mannerisms then after gathering enough information, ALBUM saves the recorded information, and can use it whenever they want, ALBUM can copy the movements recorded, you can only copy 6 seconds of a target at base which is affected by duration, press again to copy, hold to delete the recorded information

Album can potentially copy abilities.

Album can copy the shooting animation of enemies, this includes enemy's weapon DPS and level

FASTFORWAD(SECOND ABILITY): Fast forward the animation you're currently performing up to 2x, increasing your potential speed

REWIND(THIRD ABILITY): rewind the animation you're currently performing, synergies with fastforwad speed, and giving the ability to perform moves again

SAVEPOINT(FOURTH ABILITY): launch a surveillance drone that locks on to you, every animation you delete from your record ability, is documented and saved in that drone's memory, the drone then creates a hologram of that animation to fight nearby enemies, or support nearby allies, depending on the animation, you can have up to 3 more active holograms, you can use fastforward and rewind to control the speed and playback your holograms

THE POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS OF THAT WARFRAME: recording gauss or volt moving, then using fastforward to move at twice the speed

recording multiple enemies and document them in your drone, to create multiple holograms to assist you

recording a high DPS warframe to help them deal more damage!

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

HOLD to open up a video recorder

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

hold to delete the recorded information

How would these be differentiated? Presumably you would be holding to activate/deactivate the recorder. Do we actually need a delete function for this? Surely starting a new recording could wipe the previous. Personally, I see no reason why a delete function is required. Edit: I am ignoring “justification for the fourth ability to exist” as a reason to keep the dedicated delete.

The hologram ability just seems like too much work. Recording the correct stuff, deleting the correct stuff, not accidentally replacing what you want. Then the ability runs out (I am assuming energy drain or duration) and have to do it all again.

12 minutes ago, krc473 said:

How would these be differentiated? Presumably you would be holding to activate/deactivate the recorder. Do we actually need a delete function for this? Surely starting a new recording could wipe the previous. Personally, I see no reason why a delete function is required. Edit: I am ignoring “justification for the fourth ability to exist” as a reason to keep the dedicated delete.

The hologram ability just seems like too much work. Recording the correct stuff, deleting the correct stuff, not accidentally replacing what you want. Then the ability runs out (I am assuming energy drain or duration) and have to do it all again.

Ok so if i am to criticise this concept, id mainly talk about the complexities of Copying something

Copying a player, might be too much work for the devs

Copying an npc, might by just useless

It all depends on the right time and the right person to record

Lastly, if you haven't noticed already, this is inspired by the jojo stand, moody blues

11 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Lastly, if you haven't noticed already, this is inspired by the jojo stand, moody blues

I hadn’t noticed. And I have no idea what that is. So that doesn’t actually tell me anything.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Ok so if i am to criticise this concept, id mainly talk about the complexities of Copying something

My impression was that copying would be implemented in a way that wasn’t a nightmare to use. Such as auto-lock to what you are recording. And damage output being increased by mods. 

But you’re correct, the whole frame seems like it could be a nightmare. Because it is solely centred on having something worthwhile to copy. I figured this was too obvious to mention. My feedback was based on “assuming copying is easy and gives a good result”. 

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

But you’re correct, the whole frame seems like it could be a nightmare. Because it is solely centred on having something worthwhile to copy. I figured this was too obvious to mention. My feedback was based on “assuming copying is easy and gives a good result”.

ok to help you imagine the playstyle

you would want to: record an important move, either offensive of defensive, copy it whenever you want, fast forward to increase speed of animation, and rewind to redo it all over again, if you found a better scenery, save the previous animation in the drone ability for reuse as a hologram

the pros: it is limited by imagination and taking the right animation to record, making this warframe's potential surpass the helminth system

the cons: useless animations

now that we have the pros and cons, what do you think in your opinion should change about Album?

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

it is limited by imagination and taking the right animation to record

This sounds like a con too. I guess that's where useless animations come in.

Essentially, the whole frame seems like a gimmick to use once or twice and then never again.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

now that we have the pros and cons, what do you think in your opinion should change about Album?

I could probably add more negative points? That's about all. It doesn't sound like a useful frame. Yes, very rarely it would be helpful. But then you are better off just using a more useful frame anyway.

• As a gimmick, and only a gimmick, it sounds like something fun to play with occasionally. Probably more for playing with a group of friends in the Simulacrum than any actual mission.

Archived