Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

some railjack command intrinsic questions and suggestions

floyvoid

personaly i do like the railjack game modes. i just dont like the railjack itself. it looks far too big to be operated by a crew of 4. the exterior in the dry dock looks too big. while in a mission exterior looks okish, but it seems grineer crewships are half the size and have a 12 man crew. especially the interior is far too big for a crew of 4. i could be wrong, the star wars "milenium falcon" yt-1300, is not a warship but a cargo ship and its interior is smaler. thats just my opinion. i think it would be asked to much to change the railjack.

from players i have heard complains like: 
"nobody ever crafts, nobody ever uses forward artillery" 
"some guy running around was like "im on repair duty", and my ship died"
"u get a bunch of retards who dont do anything"
i see that are all good reasons to want to play solo. 

DE announced "command" intrinsics, to let npcs take the roles of players, to support solo players. question for me, as i can solo allready (extremly powerfull battle avionics) (slow solo mission time), can ppl then solo better, faster missions (faster mission times than e.g. average player crew), less or even no incentive to play in groups? and how will that work? like either you have 0 npcs on board and everything needs to be done by players, or you have 3 npcs and cant get any other players into your mission? 

i think nobody really wants to run with pugs and have leechers who dont do anything. but maybe you want to take some new players from your clan and they would be mostly like tourists who dont do much. how about you can have 1-4 player/s crew AND AT THE SAME TIME a few npcs on board? e.g. players on board, but the "nobody crafts" problem, assign an npc to do the crafting. Intruders! send your npc patrol to throw them out of the airlock. Hull Breach?! send npc. toilet overflow?! send npc. no one in turret? send npc.

i think that might (if available from start) help new players to get missions done.

yes i see the problem, that might just lead to more leechers and more afk game play. i think DE allready has anti AFK meassures working. maybe reduce rewards / affinity the more npcs help?

this could be done with on / off switches for the L tactical menu (to be changed during mission by host), e.g.:
engineer forge: active / deactivated
engineer repairs: active / deactivated
interior defence: active / deactivated
janitor: active / deactivated
npc gunner turret 1: active / deactivated 
npc gunner turret 2: active / deactivated

Archived