What takes more Warframe dedication/patience MR or Logins?

• (XBOX)YoungGunn82 changed the title to What takes more Warframe dedication/patience MR or Logins?

Regardless of your way of playing and the effort it imply, login simply take about 2min per day, while MR farming is time consuming (even if it can be effortless), without considering specific things that have low drop chance on rotation C.

Considering it take 2min, to login, reaching 2000 days of login will take you a total of 2000min = 33 hours.

Haven't done the maths, but I'm pretty sure that less than the time need to get ALL the the stuff behind rotation C drops that you need for MR, considering you have average luck.

• Like 5
51 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Logins in for 2000 days or MR30? Or do they both carry the same weight? I mean logins take just as much dedication as standing around while spamming “e”. 

Gotta love a good satire. I literally have a rotation of games I login to for daily's. Never has that equated to actually gearing up in any of those games.

Logins are infinitely harder for me. Mastery is just a matter of playing the game in the way I normally play, but daily logins while I'm on break from a game are a chore that I can't be bothered with. I've played 5+ years and am MR29, but I'm only at like 700 days, which means another half a year worth of logins to get my Primed Sure Footed at 900 (omg DE why isn't it at 800 what the hek). Really wish I could trade back Primed Vigor or Primed Fury now, game mechanics have changed a lot since I chose Primed Vigor, and Primed Fury was so long ago I didn't even get a choice.

Edited by Xylena_Lazarow
  • Like 1

MR 29 and login days 1800 plus here.

Would just like to point out that "patience" is probably not the right word for it - I believe the right word is "trust".

If I considered gameplay a chore, I would have left the game ages ago.

• However, in how many games have you played in which the dev comes back year after year to patch it up and deliver new content?
  • How many game developers fully embrace the free-to-play model and does not gate key elements of the game behind paywalls?

I believe many come back even after burnout because they trust D.E. to still care over the years.

Spoiler

(You can probably tell from all the emotionally charged/baiting titles in the forums vying for their attention)

Am not trying to be a white knight here because at some points, I've been frustrated by gameplay mechanics too.

Grinding for typhoon rank for conclave was what I'd consider to be a real chore and logins do not come close.

Most importantly, I can tell you do want to get these rewards too - but perhaps you are too reliant on expecting the game mechanics to change for you instead of adapting new ways to prevent burnout. I may not have all the answers but here are some of my strategies for making warframe content last:

1) Fashionframe themes: I try to create a themed loadout that suits each frame's playstyle or imagined theme while customising it to suit my needs.

An example is Rhino, I'll always go for the bulkier armor pieces and shotguns to suit his tank style of gameplay while casting iron skin during downtime.

Excalibur umbra with the karak, spira, nikana so that there would be little scarfs on each weapon+warframe.

Mixing and matching also seems to reveal that the cosmetics seem to belong better on other warframes/weapons*

Spoiler

I cannot help but feel that the Pasithea Nyx's deluxe syandana was made for Harrow deluxe and conversely, Harrow deluxe etheria armor set was made for Nyx deluxe.

Also, Excalibur Zato's smoking animation totally belongs on Limbo if you hate seeing Limbo bald (like I do). 

Elemental ward seems to suit frost's prime helmet as the front glowing gap seems to act as an vent outlet

2) Chunking of content and playtime

I normally take long breaks in between finishing chunks of content.

Chunking can help make the content droughts more manageable: e.g. after completing a warframe theme and fully formaing all weapons, take a week's break where you just login to check on forma/potats/pet cats while finding new music on youtube

Other means of chunking content:

- If you are rich in resources, try to decorate dojo if you have the permissions. During trading, just leave warframe.market open and create themed rooms in the dojo/decorate the orbiter

- helminth has opened up a new avenue for ship deco: I personally don't even need the skills subsumed anymore but I think of them as planting for the eventual garden. Make sure to check the colours before subsuming!

3) Revisiting old content

Previously mentioned how to create themed loadouts so its worth revisiting them when new stuff comes.

E.g. zakti prime is otw so this may fit my "scarf on everything" loadout better if I preferred guns etc.

4) Enjoying the randomness of warframe forum chats

Lurking here seems more welcoming in-game sometimes during content droughts.

At least there's always something crazy to read.

Spoiler

But stay off conclave subforums for your own sanity's sake (YOU'VE BEEN WARNED)

Happy farming 10-0!

Edited by Zzz-Somnus-zzZ

I’m MR29 and regularly go weeks or months without logging in (around 700 days). The MR is a non issue because you can level stuff in batches when you feel like playing. Whereas when I’m burned out or don’t feel like playing, the last thing I want to do is log in. The real issue is not MR but formaing weapons.  Leveling something once is easy. Leveling something multiple times is a chore. 

• Like 2

Right now I have 15 items sitting in my foundry. I’m too lazy to change my build, but if I want MR 28/29 I could get it by just equipping one at a time and passively levelling them. 

30 when it comes out would be work though. I don’t want to farm all those pets. I got 1 dog 1 cat. No vampire cat. I don’t want the rest and I don’t want to put in the time. The open world ones I’ll do, but to get to MR 30 and do all those pets that’s work.

Well till the patch after the MR30 patch.

Logging in takes no effort or time, and considering the people with multiple years of login days, but never even reached MR20, I'm going to guess that's the one that takes no real "dedication". This is one of the reasons Warframe won't have any real MR locks.

definitely MR. especially when it comes to levelling stuff you don't like/care about for the points. logging in is just a part of my daily routine, even if I don't play a mission. at least DE are going to make MR30 worthwhile. god help us with legendary ranks though, I wonder what we'll need/what we'll get for them?..

Never thought logging in was much of an issue or commitment, as most people are sedentary and can thus afford a split second in their daily routine to boot up the game and quickly see if there's an alert and get their login reward. Then again I know many people who are forgetful / don't care enough to spend 1 minute daily to log in and build up their days played counter.

Mastery Rank on the other hand requires real effort, as you gotta farm everything the game has to offer and all the materials needed to craft everything, plus actually level all that stuff up , which takes quite some time. That said it's probably faster nowadays to catch up on MR than to catch up on daily login rewards, as it will require years of daily play to get all rewards.

8 hours ago, Zzz-Somnus-zzZ said:

MR 29 and login days 1800 plus here.

1800+? Are you sure? Unless you mean 1800+ counting before the daily tribute system was a thing. 😅

On topic, MR>daily tribute count. 2000 days is almost 5 years and a half logging daily without missing a single day. It might just be 1-2minutes but it takes some... I wouldn't say dedication. It's more about being stubborn than dedicated. 1754 days in and counting, here. <_<

Logins, probably.  I could have been MR29 for quite a while now, staying at MR 21 for the last year or three was simply because I didn't feel like dealing with the tests.  Meanwhile, I'm only to 1150 days logging in with the current system.  (Clearly I take breaks from Warframe sometimes.)

• Like 1

Login days means diddle it takes no effort and i really reccomend not making it a habbit. No joke if you force yourself to login in each day just for the counter it will make you not enjoy Warframe that much more.

When i log in I'll do 8-12 hour gaming sessions so i wouldn't compare that to someone logging in every day for 2 mins.

Neither if you don't want them do. Though logins should take far less for anyone with 2 minutes a day to spare.

Mastery is only a grind if you want it to be as anyone who is against building things just for mastery can just wait till they have a loadout of unranked gear and max it all in 5-10 minutes. Thus mastery can take less especially if you don't always have time at a computer/console every day.

On 2020-10-14 at 6:12 PM, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

MR obviously, and while it takes literally no skill to sit in hyrdron or anywhere else to lvl the many weapons the game, has it's still more time consuming imo.

Maybe in "played" time, but daily logins will still take longer.  Someone who starts playing now could theoretically Wallet Warrior their way to max MR in a little over a month if they *really* wanted to and had money to burn.  But they'd still need nearly three more years to get to 1150 days logged in.

• Like 1