(PS4) Heart of Deimos: Interim Update 29.2.1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Fire_Hawk_82 said:

Digital Extremes, Staff of Warframe why cant you address the animal farming amongst Deimos its dreadful. I cant be only player willing to make a stance on this and hate farming these wierd infested birds. Since i played this new free roam map tile its becoming annoying farming specific animals, which is hindering my progress. Everytime i call for these birds of sorts, i have no clue were they are, or if they are easily scared off because they dont indicate on the map were they are and very hard to see, i wasted alot of time literally trying to locate these damn things to no prevail, try locate these bloody things one would think are Digital Extremes taking the ? want you too waste time doing these hunts, with the texture of map this farm is awful and really needs a rethink in whatever department came up with this contraption. I only managed to catch one of these things and im at tipping point giving up on this game over stupid farming because how am i too progress on game and reach my mr caps if spending plenty time farming these and having no luck, especially if these things have flew off and you no clue until you rage quit entire map. I for one dont enjoy this world and no doubt im not only one. If your hunting animals ground or flying they tend to come too thier food source as you prey on them, why cant you do this and have birdlings more visible and land. Also why are the footprints so awful to follow, each print looks like the animals are one footed and metre apart and often walking in circles, then prints blending into textures plus the color of them to top it off is ridiculous, especially if you have to back track and guess were they are because track as vanished. Gamers want to enjoy games and only get pissed at bugs not mechanics like this in a game, surely after all these updates you can address these things because im not gonna waste anymore time farming birds if they are part of rank up system. Way i see it a community gets thier way over resources and farming becoming easier, to be fair thats sad and shows how lazy gamers are getting on specifics but completely fine in other areas were thier value regardless how tedious and annoying, thiers plenty things needs addressing this is just one annoyance. No doubt this wont get address and made less tedious and problematic, no doubt toxicity will follow but atleast i done my bit to deliver a notion that needs changing this as put me off deimos to point i barely done anything i have lost interest, especially after a hour of trying get these bloody things and gormlessly looking for them, i aint stooping that low, other animals fine but these are a joke. Think about how pathetic it sounds and looks from outside, imagine if i was streaming people ask what the f you doing, locating and doing such things should not be this frustrating, how much more time do people need to waste farming these creatures because like i said i have 1 tag and had enough looking around in a AI atmosphere try look for something not thier, hard to locate, not even visible and ontop of that got enemy interferance regardless if using Invisible frames. Please make aviation creatures less tedious to hunt and more realistic to catch. Im literally at the end of my tether after 6 years, especially also after discovering certain items have not classed as mastered when they are, even odd trophy still locked even though its complete, im just one cash injector out of many who would appreciate the smallest of things solved, change even a long overdue update that consist of a bug fix throughout not story related or profit but an update to repair decade of damages. I actually want to enjoy Deimos but so far im not, i want to progress but that means i have to farm awkward flying beast and no doubt waste hours looking for aint right.

I know this probably won't help that much, but it is easier to farm the bird things when you are slova. By priming them it allows you to have an easier time spotting them, and they won't move as fast. It has worked for me for a while now, making it not as much of a pain. But yes I agree with your points, and it does need to be addressed, however in the meantime this will help a bit

1 hour ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

It doesn’t. I had my gaze primary out for a while in Deimos in bounties and it’s still blank for me.

And yes it’s been guilded, mastered and has three forma so that isn’t the issue.

Weird. All four worked for me, my Gaze with Catalyst/Forma and the other three without.

I wonder what the difference is. Doesn't make sense to me.

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Warframe will go from ~41 GB to ~22.6 GB after it has completed the automatic re-download of the game in its entirety.

I get the update was meant to reduce the game to around 22.6 GB but mine is 37.28 GB. Not sure if this is one out of multiple updates that will reduce Warframes size or DE just couldn't reduce the size more.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, (PS4)MJ-Cena7 said:

Thats not true and even so why ?? There is no reason to do that other than lack of people working on porting the items 

We are missing the rapier skin by faven for 2 years, he does all graxx skins so its not an artist contract issue its just lazy

There is a very, very good reason to do that. Because the artist that make the tennogen get a cut of the profits. On PC, that's easy, since tennogen is bought with real money on PC. On console they cannot do this, so they have to go to each Tennogen artist and buy a license to port the skin over to console for a set amount that De an the artist come to. (don't know details, not my business)

So because licenses are not cheap, they only port over the most popular items from each batch. This is well known and has been explained by DE staff on several occasions on the Dev/Live streams.

I'm all for not getting every single item, if it means that DE will continue their practice of profit sharing with the artists that work so hard on the skins.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

So, now the double entries of the Kitgun parts appear under "Primary" - is this intended, given we can't gain mastery? And what must we do to get our primary to "count"? I've fully maxed multiple of them again on primary, while trying out builds - and I've four blank entries.

It's a visual bug. Just like what happened with K-Drives. You keep your mastery as it was still and can't gain more. All that changed was the duplicates appearing which is definitely a bug, because DE said nothing about it and you can't actually gain MR. It's been reported on the ps4 bugs forum already. 

Edited by (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1

Look I want to be as respectful as I can about this, but I'm getting pretty irritated and I make no promises that it'll be perfect -

You guys really need to figure this whole optimization thing out for console. I know certain members of your dev team are obsessed with lighting and shadows, and want to make the game pretty for people playing on $2000 PCs (which I also have, but my friends are on console and there is no cross progression), but you guys seem to treat console like an afterthought. If nothing else, just add more options to the settings menu that we can adjust more than simply [On/Off] as is so common right now. The most important things are options for lighting and shadow intensity, which are two of the most performance heavy options in any video game with regards to hardware strain. 

For the record, I do put in the work to ensure that I've got good conditions here. I dust the room every weekend, I clean out my system every few months just in case a furball made it's way in (they never have), and it's got lots of space for airflow, yet my PS4 sounds like a jet turbine just by loitering around the orbiter. Star chart missions aren't so bad, but literally everything new you guys make is. Especially big sparkly rooms like the entry/exit from the Necralisk, that I can't opt out of in any other way except "Just run past it as quickly as possible, and stare at a corner so it's not on screen." Deimos itself is pretty harsh too, but that's also because your entire color palette was red/orange/yellow/brown. While that room might not spell the end for my system so long the game is actually loading me out properly, it does further the already bad precedent for ignoring console performance.

TL;DR - Console players need more adjustment options in the display settings, particularly for light and shadow intensity. Ideally better than [On/Off] or [Low/High], but right now anything would be better than continuing to ignore the affects of all your shiny new stuff on console systems.

Edited by (PS4)Garmfang
  • Like 3
52 minutes ago, (PS4)Garmfang said:

Look I want to be as respectful as I can about this, but I'm getting pretty irritated and I make no promises that it'll be perfect -

You guys really need to figure this whole optimization thing out for console. I know certain members of your dev team are obsessed with lighting and shadows, and want to make the game pretty for people playing on $2000 PCs (which I also have, but my friends are on console and there is no cross progression), but you guys seem to treat console like an afterthought. If nothing else, just add more options to the settings menu that we can adjust more than simply [On/Off] as is so common right now. The most important things are options for lighting and shadow intensity, which are two of the most performance heavy options in any video game with regards to performance and hardware strain. 

For the record, I do put in the work to ensure that I've got good conditions here. I dust the room every weekend, I clean out my system every few months just in case a furball made it's way in (they never have), and it's got lots of space for airflow, yet my PS4 sounds like a jet turbine just by loitering around the orbiter. Star chart missions aren't so bad, but literally everything new you guys make is. Especially big sparkly rooms like the entry/exit from the Necralisk, that I can't opt out of in any other way except "Just run past it as quickly as possible, and stare at a corner so it's not on screen." Deimos itself is pretty harsh too, but that's also because your entire color palette was red/orange/yellow/brown. While that room might not spell the end for my system so long the game is actually loading me out properly, it does further the already bad precedent for ignoring console performance.

TL;DR - Console players need more adjustment options in the display settings, particularly for light and shadow intensity. Ideally better than [On/Off] or [Low/High], but right now anything would be better than continuing to ignore the affects of all your shiny new stuff on console systems.

My ps4 has also been freaking out recently too. 

I am very disappointed with the change that was made to the Conquera Syandana. I completely understand that the purpose of the ribbon inspired syandana was to represent the breast cancer awareness ribbon. The efforts made by our community and DE do not go unnoticed and this event was incredible. However, there are a multitude of other syndromes, diseases, and issues that do not get the much needed attention that they deserve as well. This doesn't dimish what was done to raise an incredible amount of support for breast cancer research, but what about the other awareness ribbons that were able to be displayed by allowing us to customize the coloring of the Conquera Syandana? I was proud to change the colors and take capturas to represent awareness for things like Childhood Diabetes and cancer, PCOS, and Autism. I respect DE's right to make this change and I understand the reasoning. However, if you will not allow us to customize this Syandana, then can you please create another ribbon inspired Syandana that allows us to change its coloring so that other awareness ribbons can still be represented? This would be greatly appreciated! It is a small gesture since I highly doubt further events to raise awareness and funds for other cancer research or syndromes/diseases is feasible. It would be impossible to host events for all the the cancers types, and syndrome types, there are just too many. But maybe as a community, with the ability to get some exposure to these other causes through something as small as a customizable ribbon, maybe something else can be done in the future. I never doubt the possibilities of what this amazing community can do. Thanks for reading. 

To whomever it may concern & the "WOKE" idiots at Digital Extremes.

Maybe you guys can get off your as-ses & fix the update 32 trophies for everyone on ps4 console. The trophy system should of been one of your top priorities to fix this update. I wont be back on this sh-it game till there fixed. I will be so glad to finally delete this garbage game after 7 years once i hit MR30. I dont care if you make legendary ranks, cause your greedy & have to keep this game going or your studio dies. MR30 is the end for me, ps5 & way better live service games will be out after ps5 which im looking forward to & many other veteran players feel the same way. This game has really went downhill.

Edited by (PS4)Wicked_Toker
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

Weird. All four worked for me, my Gaze with Catalyst/Forma and the other three without.

I wonder what the difference is. Doesn't make sense to me.

I’m guessing my luck is the difference haha. Nbd, just a teensy bit annoying to me to see my stuff not completed (it’s a personal thing).

14 hours ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

It doesn’t. I had my gaze primary out for a while in Deimos in bounties and it’s still blank for me.

And yes it’s been guilded, mastered and has three forma so that isn’t the issue.

I did all 4 last night as well as a clanmate, his had 4 forma but wasn't at 30 it Didn't count. He leveled it to 30 then it counted he had 2 at max rank un guilded he guilded and leveled then it counted. We both have primary and secondarys mastered. They have to be guilded and at max rank 30 to count. No forma necessary if its not 30 it will not show mastered.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Gotcha. Yeah, if they were changed, I'd think it is a bug. They mentioned nothing of rivens and Samodeus didn't message us. That leads to the conclusion that any riven dispo changes were unintended. 

Bramma nukor kronen rivens are few I've noticed. Would be really nice of Digital extremes to actually give us a full listing of all the changes.

18 hours ago, (PS4)manicmartz61 said:

Just checked my warframe storage on my disc, says 37.2 GB . I thought the download was meant to chop it down to 22 GB or something. Am i missing something?

Same for me as well. If deleting and re-downloading gonna give me some extra gigs I'd do it. I've had experience with similar games and I know things ain't always cleaning everything out as fresh new installation.

Btw now we (also?) have the incredible blindlling bright light at start of mission. I swear I've seen PC playerbase complaining about this past few weeks (there I was hopeful the general autoexposure/overly light areas are gonna be touched :(, instead it gets worse :().

Edited by (PS4)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg
  • Like 1

Isn't the Necramech suppose to max out at level 40 after this latest update or is that coming later or did I just fall asleep on one of the streams and dream that? because I just releveled mine and its still maxed at level 30?

Edited by (PS4)PurVus
14 hours ago, (PS4)PurVus said:

Isn't the Necramech suppose to max out at level 40 after this latest update or is that coming later or did I just fall asleep on one of the streams and dream that? because I just releveled mine and its still maxed at level 30?

We haven't gotten that update yet. Give it a month.