Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Event Appreciation Thread

Apostus

I just want to thank DE for this awesome event. This thread is for showing appreciation when it comes to the event - so please refrain from bashing, trolling and flaming.

I love the sense of battle and chaos as I fight alongside the Grineer in an effort to save my Tenno brothers and sisters.

I also, personally, find the rewards to be quite awesome and fair.

So thank you DE, for the effort you put into this event. More of this please!

Well, I´m already at 40 and its only the first day.  In the end, It will not take that long to reach 100.

That's very nice for you. You wanna know what I have been doing while you did your 40 missions?

Sleeping cause the update happened past midnight, and then I have been at uni all day.

49 here. :D (At least, I've gotten 49 points... It is one point per mission, right?) My wrists hurt from rushing my way through the missions. I rather like this event, but I gotta ask... How can milk be greedy, and why would said greedy milk be in the skulls of the Corpus? Silly Ruk. :p

Edited by RyojinOrion

The event is great. I literally cannot believe the amount of flak this event is getting. DE, " We kinda screwed you guys over the past couple weeks/months. To hopefully bandage our folly, here is a brand new Ferrari." , Community, " THIS FERRARI IS RED, I WANTED BLUE, FCK YOU DE YOU WORST COMPANY ON ERF." Story of the internets.

This is the best event thus far. My only concern is the aftermath. This is the biggest and most ambitious event thus far and nobody likes to lose, we all know that. There is no way to tell what the outcome may be. Forums suggest the Corpus will win and the game suggested Grineer will, well up until recently when Corpus have been winning the newest one at the moment. Whatever the outcome will be, losing side will not like it obviously, even if they get the BP. The other question is that some absolutely love the reward of Grineer and some love the reward of the Corpus so both of the rewards are wanted. So what will happen to the losing faction guns?

Edited by BETAOPTICS

I really like how they made players take a moral stand and let them interpret the consequences of their actions individually. I see a lot of different perspectives as to why picking one side is the best thing to do, Warframe really felt like a role playing game and not a roll playing game (AKA dice, AKA RNG). I think there were a couple mistakes made with incentivization, and the missions could be a bit more... varied, but I think at least the way DE gave players a reason to be motivated or believe they were doing the right thing, I think that's beautiful and I want more, so much more.

Its not a bad idea. Its a "good step" i think. But nothing is free. And 100 of the same mission... ugh. im at 60 and *shakes head* I .. ugh.

And I know I wont get the racial pistol I want. But "I want something".

As for picking sides. There still isn't much back story at all to it. Tons of room for reading between the lines I think for the general vague idea we think of the races. But No idea if DE will actually tell the story like that. What they wrote is exactly what you're going to get? Well I think the players are divided. Not for which side is more evil or anything mind you. But what extent DE will but twists into it, if any.

Edited by Firetempest

Yep, really enjoying the event, the missions are fun.

My favourite bit so far, rushing in while a heavy Grineer is getting triple teamed, hit Miasma and my new friend emerges from the goo with a tiny slither of health left... then says "Tenno Skum"!!

Honestly I know they are faceless clones, but I'm starting to like them after fighting with them.

My only "criticism"?

I'm gonna miss these missions afterwards :)

I would love DE to drop in a new moon after the event, rich in mats.

Have it a constant battle between the two sides and whichever node we click on we get the choice.

Obviously much lower rewards, probably determined by RNG, credits versus say mats (uncommon and occasionally rare).

It would be a constant battle, with the community fighting it out.

Edited by Egg_Chen

I'm enjoying the event, so far. I don't give a crap about the tier 3 weapons, since I already have too many guns that I enjoy. People are getting very upset that they can't role play like they wanted or that they don't think they'll get the gun that they wanted. It's silly how serious some people can be. I appreciate all he effort that went in to this event.

DE had to create a starting slant in the Grineers favor because they're the attacking force. I think, as the war continues, the Corpus will get desperate and offer better rewards. The Grinner, however, would likely get arrogant and start offering us crap. We've already see it when the Grineer offered Morphic and the Corpus offering more credits (they doubled their starting offer... against 3 mutagen mass). Now it's Reactor vs Catalyst. If the battle turns in the Corpus favor, then the roles might reverse. 

I dunno about my fellow tenno, but my metal butt is a mercenary. I'll play whichever side pays better, as is likely intended.

Edit: Also, I wonder if this might replace Alerts in the future. A node becomes disputed. One side is offering Vauban System while the other is offering Nova's Flux Helmet, that kind of thing. I like the Alerts as they are, but this has potential to be fun as well.

Edited by Dab117

DE had to create a starting slant in the Grineers favor because they're the attacking force.

It's this aspect that I don't understand how all the whiners fail to see it!

If Grineer had not won the first node, how could they continue to fight through Mars?

At least someone else see the why rather than just the whine :)

Looking forward to the Corpus attack on Sedna, cannot believe no-one has picked up on those hints yet either.