Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

☆ Top Ten Favourite Things About Warframe Over The Years ☆

(PSN)Mofojokers

We all have had problems with Warframe now and then. Heck always a sad boy that Frost still does not get any hugs and kisses from DE. But Warframe is still one of my favorite games of all times. Heck even got myself a Warframe tattoo to show my love of the game.

I thought it would be nice as a community if we listed off some of our favorite things about Warframe and see what we each consider the best about it.

My Top Ten Favourite Things About Warframe

1.  The customization system, honestly i can spin my frame and weapons to my playstyle and looks.

2. Fishing, i can't say i am fan of mining and i hate the capture nonense. But fishing for some odd reason can be insanely relaxing. Ofcourse until you hear Nora.... lol.

3. Mechs, hands down one of my current favourite things about Warframe. They handle so well.

4. Demios is hands down the best open world yet. It's small but very compact and i just love going here esp vaults.

5. Rail Jack, i hope this gets love because i both hate and love this mode. Mainly because it feels only half done.

6. Big one for me but i am a sucker for survival relic farms. I just enjoy setting up bases and gathering free loot.

7. Ship decorating and clan decorating, i feel Warframe doesn't get enough credit for this but it's insanely relaxing to just sit down and build intresting things.

8. Trading, i gotta say i am a fan of the current version of it. Not saying i wouldn't love for further improvements like stores or ah. But it's very well done compared to what it used to be years ago.

9. Helminth System gotta say i am enjoying it alot more than i expected. 

10. The story so far ( yes joke about Warframe lore), but i can honestly say that i have enjoyed every single quest over the years and cannot wait for more.

Big thanks to DE staff who continue to put in the hours to give us a world we can delve into and hopefully many many more years to come.

what's your top ten?.

10. Orbiter. It was great to get out of the usual giant in space menu.

9. Dojo. Really, one decoration here, logoff. One decoration there, logoff. Raise and repeat and when you notice... "When did I have time to do this?"

8. Jiggle Physics.

7. Memes.

6. Excalibur Zato Noble with smokin' weed everyday for all my frames.

5. Focus 2.5, but still needs more branches, the Operators are still too stiff in gameplay.

4. Railjack.

3. Keili.

2. Helminth System.

1. Steel Path Uranus Conqueror Emote. (Yes, I went into the depts of Uranus, it was wet, it was a tight fit at times, but after going back and forth throught it and pounding everything on the way... I can say I conquered it and I will let everyone know as I show the emote every time I'm at Extraction)

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Also would like to add a bonus one.

● The Relay show off done with Demios and now Nezha Prime is insanely cool. I do hope we see more relay events like this as it's a great way to show off new content.

I just wish it wouldn't be a one time thing. It would be much cooler if I could revisit the showcase anytime until the update drops.

My top 10 are:

1. Lore. Some people say that "Warframe has no story" but I think it's kind of cool how there are little tidbits hidden all over the place. I created a website where I can assemble them together into coherent narratives (Right now, it's mostly just transcripts and stuff). I do think the lore should be more accessible (no more hiding important events in one-time operations) and there should be more of it, but I'm generally just a huge fan here.

2. The game rewards you for knowledge rather than skill. You need to have the right mods and you need to apply them right. If you know how to do the math on status chance, critical hits, elemental damage resistances, ability damage buffs, etc, you will have better performance. I do think this math should be more accessible in the game rather than forcing people to go to the wiki.

3. Customisation. You can alter almost anything to fit your playstyle and aesthetic. From mods to armour attachments to ephemera to arcanes.

4. The graphics, music, and animations are amazing. Just stunning. There are also a lot of good voice actors, too, especially Max Howarth (Ballas), Sean Philips (Teshin), and Thomas Dixon (Hunhow? need confirmation on this dude actually).

5. Optimisation. Despite the aforementioned great graphics, this game still runs on my crappy laptop.

6. Railjack and Landscapes are really fun, at least for me.

7. There's just so much in the game. So many different types of combat and play. So many activities.

8. I like the free-to-play model. I used to support them a lot (I'm even a Founder), but I've had to cut back on spending these last few years and I still have access to everything. The trading system is great for this.

That's mostly it. Ten is a big number! I don't want to keep going and scrape the bottom of the barrel. I think there are reasons enough to like this game.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Demios is hands down the best open world yet. It's small but very compact and i just love going here esp vaults.

My favourite Landscape is the Orb Vallis. It's so huge and there's so much going on. The Enrichment Labs has all sorts of cool stuff inside, there are two giant bosses, and I love the Corpus aesthetic. There's so much lore to uncover with the Solaris, too. Fortuna was probably my favourite update release in the game. That being said, Deimos is really cool, too. I'm not a big fan of the Infested but I love the Orokin and the Void, so it's enough for me.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

6. Big one for me but i am a sucker for survival relic farms. I just enjoy setting up bases and gathering free loot.

Yep. That's always fun to sort of set up and listen to a podcast or something while mindlessly cracking relics. Get all them ducats.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

The Relay show off done with Demios and now Nezha Prime is insanely cool. I do hope we see more relay events like this as it's a great way to show off new content.

This is also dope. I love how DE keeps innovating and keeps pushing the envelope with what they can do. The weekly streams are a rarity among other game developers (so I've heard; I wouldn't know myself). The Twitch drops, buggy as they can be, are pretty cool. The trivia game they had during this year's TennoCon was really fun. And now they're doing the whole Relay reveal where you can see it in-game. I feel like pretty soon we'll be able to watch their DevStreams from a big screen in the Relay. How cool would that be?

This game is always evolving and I can't wait to see what's next.

1 hour ago, GrayArchon said:

I created a website where I can assemble them together into coherent narratives (Right now, it's mostly just transcripts and stuff).

Link? I've been wanting something like this for ages, I'm not strong enough to do a lot of the events or even high-tier bounties so I know there's tons of lore I'm missing out on. I'd love to see what you have :D

1. Lore for sure, I'm endlessly fascinated by the Warframes themselves and the story behind them. I think DE has done a pretty good job of giving just enough information that I feel like I know stuff, but there's still room for the imagination to run wild. As a fanartist and writer, it's a real treat. All of the works I've had featured on Prime Time are based on Cephalon fragments or codex entries because they just constantly inspire me.

2. The aesthetic and design of the world. I've never seen anything quite like Warframe's design. A lot of scifi and fantasy content falls into the pit of Pretty Blatantly Copying An Existing Culture (Often Not Very Respectfully) (looking at you, WoW trolls and TES khajiit), but I think that Warframe has done quite well with drawing inspiration from real-world cultures and making something unique. The only thing that comes to mind that I could compare it to is Star Wars. It's very memorable.

3. Community involvement. I love how much DE interacts with their fanbase and makes it a point to showcase the works that we create. Every time my art has been featured on Prime Time has been the absolute highlight of my week, and it still carries me through some serious art blocks. It's also really nice that they have so many ways for fans to participate--the community created Warframes are awesome, and I LOVED the dating profile contest they held last year. Tennogen is one of my favorite parts, too. I feel like DE genuinely cares about their fans, which is a rare thing these days.

4. Movement. Ugh, I can't get enough of that fluidity. The combat in almost every other game I play is so boring and stiff compared to Warframe, and the ones that have decent combat still don't compare to Warframe. The freedom of motion and the unique feel of the different weapons with different stances is just so good.

5. Variety of activities. I can fish, I can fight, I can fashionframe, I can mine, I can rescue helpless animals, I can decorate, I can play silly little arcade games, I can play Guitar Hero, I can model in captura mode. Even if I don't feel like going on a regular mission, I can still find something to do in Warframe. I spent 3 days just hunting for Fortuna fragments when they came out, and I only completed Ticker's set.

6. Diversity of characters. I know diversity is a heated topic, by mentioning it I'm not normalizing it, yadda yadda--but diversity is still far enough out of reach in most games that it's worth mentioning when one does it well. I always point to Ticker as a great example--a disabled, non-passing trans woman who isn't treated as a point on the diversity scoreboard. She's a character who is trans, not a trans character. Warframe just has a fantastic cast of characters in general, but I really appreciate the variety.

7. Fortuna/the Orb Vallis. As you've probably guessed, Ticker is my favorite character, but I love the Solaris in general. Very cool designs and a really interesting story. The Orb Vallis is also beautiful and has the best conservation mode.

8. Decorating. I really like that you can earn things and then display them in your ship. It's a neat little reward for playing, and easy to do.

9. Floofs!!! They're so goddamn cute. I hope DE makes real ones someday so I can buy them. I really want a horrasque and pobber floof...

10. K-Drives. Still my favorite vehicle mode. Unless the Duviri Paradox comes with a horse.

5 hours ago, Esserlon said:

Link? I've been wanting something like this for ages, I'm not strong enough to do a lot of the events or even high-tier bounties so I know there's tons of lore I'm missing out on. I'd love to see what you have :D

Lol, I can't believe I forgot to add the link. How could I have forgotten? It's orokinarchives.com.

The site is supposed to be a place where

1) all lore sources in the game can be noted. All dialogue lines, quest transcripts, events, even small things like Ticker's debt portfolios and external things like the Prime Warframe trailers narrated by Ballas. The wiki is not comprehensive enough for my purposes, so I decided to make my own site. This part is close to being done. Then…

2) the lore transcripts are used to synthesise a complete narrative (or sets of narratives, really). Currently, there's only one of these completed: The Orokin and the Old War.

I recently moved and still haven't set up my main computer, so unfortunately the site doesn't have much Deimos content. That will be added in the coming weeks.

2 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

Lol, I can't believe I forgot to add the link. How could I have forgotten? It's orokinarchives.com.

The site is supposed to be a place where

1) all lore sources in the game can be noted. All dialogue lines, quest transcripts, events, even small things like Ticker's debt portfolios and external things like the Prime Warframe trailers narrated by Ballas. The wiki is not comprehensive enough for my purposes, so I decided to make my own site. This part is close to being done. Then…

2) the lore transcripts are used to synthesise a complete narrative (or sets of narratives, really). Currently, there's only one of these completed: The Orokin and the Old War.

I recently moved and still haven't set up my main computer, so unfortunately the site doesn't have much Deimos content. That will be added in the coming weeks.

Bloody cool site brother, bookmarked and looking foward to the Demios update.

Probably not 10 things:

warframes concept is pretty cool. Something between robot and human. Frames have a unique look and feel to them. 

Aim gliding and movement in general. It is probably the main reason I still play the game.

The combination of movement, guns and melee is one of the best in all video games I have played.

Story and lore. I think a solar system sci-fi is cool setup, but rarely pulled off in TV and in games, and even less likely to be done right. Also, While it is dystopian, it does not feel rigid. 

Sacrifice quest. Even though it’s game play is meh, it is probably one of the best stories I have played in any game. 

Devs. As much as people give the hard time (I do too sometimes), compared to any game I have played they are the most responsive. And no question about the level of creativity here. 

1.Customization  I mean we all like looking pretty and if i can still pop into the game looking to change some colors or frame styles or decorate my ship more thats a damn good job.

2.Movement  Its still the most fun thing in Warframe and the fact i still get the urge to play even if i have nothing to do just shows how addicting the movement and flow of the game

9 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Probably not 10 things:

warframes concept is pretty cool. Something between robot and human. Frames have a unique look and feel to them. 

Aim gliding and movement in general. It is probably the main reason I still play the game.

The combination of movement, guns and melee is one of the best in all video games I have played.

Story and lore. I think a solar system sci-fi is cool setup, but rarely pulled off in TV and in games, and even less likely to be done right. Also, While it is dystopian, it does not feel rigid. 

Sacrifice quest. Even though it’s game play is meh, it is probably one of the best stories I have played in any game. 

Devs. As much as people give the hard time (I do too sometimes), compared to any game I have played they are the most responsive. And no question about the level of creativity here. 

We all give them a hard time from time to time because we only want whats best. For years i have been fustrated with their lack of love for Frost but i also love most things they do. That's why threads like this are good to remind them of all the things we are thankful for and love about their brain child. :)

1. Marked for Death nerf.

2. Resonating Quake nerf. (the direct buffs to Saryn and indirect buffs to Mesa are the cherry on top)

3. Nyx survavibility nerf with the removal of the disarm passive.

4. Powercreep to the point slowly but surely every easy option is going to outdamage snipers and bows while they don't get changes because less people use them due to inefficiency in content where they are actually needed, like Steel Path.

5. Baro being Baro.

6. All the cuddly puppies on Eidolon hunts, Trade chat, Forum and Region.

7. Items losing value due to the controlled nature of this game's market, with nothing ever, not even cosmetics and such ever being allowed to be rare.

8. Did i mention the awesome market prices? 

9. Nightwave chores are noice.

10. Youtuber drama llamas.

I play Warframe because i enjoy the suffering.

Nice idea for a thread.  

My Top Ten Favourite Things About Warframe

1.  The build the way you want to play system. Modding differently on the same frame can give you so many different play styles.

2. Capturing animals. One day my wall of kavat floofs will cover every inch of a room.

3. Speed frames with Gauss prime being the latest,volt being my most played,and titania quickly getting up there with volt. Speed in general really. The combat is incredibly fast and so are you. Put both of those things together and you have a fun and fast experience which I love.

4. Archwing. I like the freedom to move in any direction I want..I really don't get the criticism it receives. 

5. Rail Jack (like you) but my only complaint with it is that it needs more content. Other than that,I find it to be a very fun experience. Being a giant pregnant metal whale blasting through space? hell yeah

6. I like the RNG of tilesets. Even having the majority of tilesets memorized,I still have to see a room before I can navigate it. Tiles being randomly spawned with that rogue like feel is cool

7. Just going to copy paste your 7. Ship decorating and clan decorating, i feel Warframe doesn't get enough credit for this but it's insanely relaxing to just sit down and build intresting things. - I love to collect all deco in the game,especially earned deco like items you buy from NPCs and then building with it. 

8. The Expansion to kavats / cat companions. For years i've requested more and for years i've gritted my teeth at the dog lovers getting so many kubrows and more kubrows but recently with the deimos expansion we got 3 new breeds of kavat and right before that we got the vasca! I named my vasca Immortal Zodd because it can't go down. So when DE puts in new kavats I always go crazy for them.

9. Helminth System. It's just a expansion on #1. Offering more player freedom to choose how you play and I love that stuff. 

10. More weapons and more frames. The more they push out the more choices I have with how I want to play. I can play the same defense for several years and it'll always feel different if I get to use new gear that changes how I play. 

11.  How warframe is monetized. You can never spend a penny on the game and get everything except tennogen and a few prime cosmetics. The entire game is accessible to players who play for free (minus the two things listed) and that's unheard of in any other game i've played that continues to thrive.
When I give $ to DE for cosmetics I feel like they deserve every cent.  I can't say the same about a lot of other games i've spent money on but with warframe I don't get buyers regret lol. 

12. Seemingly never ending things to collect. I'm a completionist so it feels like i'll be either playing warframe until the day I become a skeleton or the universe implodes in on itself. Whichever happens first.  

13. A mountain of lore if you care to chase it. After so long of getting almost nothing for story,we get hit with albrecht entratis logs in deimos with massive amounts of lore and chilling voice acting. I can't tell you how starved I felt for anything story. All the sentient stuff seems to take a single step every half a year that might as well go nowhere with how slow moving it is but the man in the wall lore and orokin lore from the albrecht entrati logs really pulled me in. I can only hope that they continue with albrecht lore telling in the near future. The imagery during the logs were pretty neat too.

14. Otak is love otak is life. Funny how a new player goes from seeing all the wonder in the game and eventually grows to loathe the majority of NPCs.  Otak was the opposite for me. At first I Couldn't stand him and wished there was a mute button but he quickly became one of my most favorite NPCs in the game and I hope  that he has a bigger future in the game like how little duck went from some npc in fortuna to a story and quest giver to orb fights and disruption.  I hope to see the same happen with otak. 

15. My astilla and machete wraith.

16. Power fantasy when I want it and cripplingly difficult when I want it. Play the way you want is key with warframe and that's one of the great things about it. I like to compare it alot to one of my other favorite games,doom.  There is no reason to increase the difficulty but to get kicked harder in the face but it's a kick to the face I welcome. The severity of kickings is my choice and I have the freedom to make that choice in both warframe and doom and that is one of the big reasons why both games are so good to me. Player choice. Also want to note that warframe is very fast which is also like doom,they have the speed I crave.

Archived