Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

☆ Top Ten Favourite Things About Warframe Over The Years ☆

(PSN)Mofojokers

On 2020-10-15 at 7:28 PM, (PS4)thegarada said:

Story and lore. I think a solar system sci-fi is cool setup, but rarely pulled off in TV and in games, and even less likely to be done right.

You should check out The Expanse. It's a TV series (currently on Amazon) that takes place in our solar system roughly 500 years in the future. It's one of the best sci-fi shows I've ever seen.

1)  Ripline. 

Is so much fun. 

2)  High-level survival missions. 

My favorite part of the game.  Grab a full team and just go wild.  Cutting lose in Warframe against the biggest threats just feels right.

3)  Ability Mods

The customization of Warframe probably deserves ten accolades in and of itself, but being able to mod abilities into new versions really drives home how deep the customization is.   Also, I like the view that "fixing bad abilities" generally means "adding more content";

4)  Railjack

Not 100% there, but it's fun.  There's a lot to do and a lot to learn.  Tbh, I wish DE focused on this because it's tantalizingly close to a perfect game mode. 

5)  DE themselves

They're great.  I complain about the bad stuff all the time and it drives me bonkers that certain things don't have toggle features (Chat!), but DE manages to make the game fresh, even after all these years.  That's frankly incredible.  

6)  The factions

Warframe feels like it takes place on the ruins of a dying solar empire.   The Corpus, the Grinner, and the Infested all feel distinct. 

7)  The butts. 

Degeneracy is fine.   So fine.

8)  Cynax

Modded to shoot around corners and to hit multiple targets.  I love "smart" weapons like this in general and Cynax feels right.

9)  The new content

It's always fresh.  Even when it's literally "a dysfunctional Orokin family" the game feels amazing and engaging.   I don't know how they do that.

10)  Rubico

(Someone else put it best): "It's like slamming the car door of God".

10. Dev-Streams and their free potatoes and critical insight into development and well analyzed statistics.

9. Pablo

8. Nekros

7. Disruption

6. Railjack and it's one mission type. Would have been nice if it had been expanded about 5 months ago.

5. Bimonthly Events the lore involved and new guns/mods/etc.

4. Alliance Conflicts with Ash/Mesa.

3. Helminth cuz removing bad abilities.

2. T4 Surv and its rewarding design.

1. Raids and the community that's not at all dead now.

Well at least some other chinese owned game is valueing my time and rewarding challenge I guess.

For me it is all about the pets.

Venari, Kavats, Vulpi's, Kubrow, Vampire Kitties, Preds.

They start oiut weak, just like no-mod warframes, Then you mod them up, pair them with a decent Warframe(Khora!!) and watch them shred the enemies. The only thing currently holding them back is the outdated AI.

I am drowning in drool everytime I think about those pets under the control of the new Graphic Engine AI that Nvidia has developed.

Overall:

1. Movement System
  2. Customization (of everything, Warframes, Orbiter, Abilities, Operators)
  3. Combat
  4. Sci-Fi Setting/Lore
  5. Some of the aesthetic and design

Specfically:

1. Main Quests! And others similar to Chains of Harrow, Deadlock Protocol etc
  2. Kuva Liches
  3. Arbitrations (Survival)
  4. Railjack (NEED MOAR OF IT)
  5. Mining and Fishing (in moderation, after some intense missions types)
  6. Exploration (Finding Medallions, caches, fragments, hidden rooms etc)
  7. Steel Path Survival Missions in general

Cant think of anything more at the moment, but i think this will do for now ^^

Archived