Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So i started playing Genshin impact ....

0_The_F00l

And its great!

i honestly was not expecting it to be this engaging (borderline addictive)

and though it is Gacha based i managed to pour many many hours so far without paying anything and havent really hit any walls (that i couldnt climb).

Mostly played solo so far with one event for co op.

Its gorgeous to look at , gameplay has a good loop, the mechanics are deep and i mean really deep. If warframe is wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle then GI is currently a trench at the shore (i hope they keep expanding for at least a year).

Loot drops are ... ok ,paid loot boxes will definitely make things easier but they are not necessary.

and progression is also ok with much to see ,

i cant remember how many times i started chasing a butterfly , then saw a chest then saw spirits and then forgot what i was originally doing.

Only flaw i can think of is lack of settings for PC customization (it is very obviously made for touchscreens),

Also cant transfer saves between servers.

If you have gotten tired of warframe then it is a good alternative - I absolutely suggest it.

However if you have any history of gambling problems or are very easily influenced by FOMO then i encourage you to avoid it, it is still a Gacha game and it will hit your wallet if you let it.

This post was sponsored by Nobody - cause Nobody is willing to pay me for making obvious statements.

I played it up to rank 9, got junk from my starter rolls and decided the core gameplay just wasn't enough to keep me interested.

Also seemed very anti-F2P, sure everything works with the base party, but so much of the gameplay is tied to the characters that it seems like it would get stale fast.

On the gameplay front it is solidly constructed, though that is obvious due to where it draws inspiration from, I just have a few doubts that it will not just wind up having the same issues games like this always do, min-max or GTFO.

I'd rate it a 7-8/10 that might suffer from development stall-out, this depends on how the developers go from here and how they go about dealing with the F2P question, because right now the Gacha rates are hilariously low.

I wouldn't recommend playing it.

It starts out pretty great, but eventually the game will either demand your money or it will try to drill itself into your weekly schedule.

Leveling up your charachters and activity energy limit:

Every set amount of weapon/charachter levels you need to invest materials in order to further level them up.

These materials can only be farmed on certain days of the week, so you have to plan out on which days you want to farm them.

The "you can play this much today" system, called Resin in this game, is pretty restrictive, you can farm for weapon materials 5 times before you run out, charachter materials cost you twice as much, which means you can farm for them twice, wait 80 minutes and then do it once more.

Resin can be refilled (for increasing costs) a couple of times in a single day, they cost the same currency you need for the gacha rolls.

A full team has 4 charachters with a weapon each. You need multiple runs to get the material to upgrade your weapon or charachter.

This means that you will be held back either by the material not being around or your resin running out (if you don't pay to get more).

To make matters worse, if you play enough, the levels of the enemies will increase, so exploration will become harder until you finally get all the stuff you need before you can start increasing your stats again.

The game is full of predatory mechanics to get your do$h, loot box chances are incredibly bad and the premium currency is expensive.

Don't touch it if you have any kind of gambling problems.

Only start it if you're sure you can just quit it when you're done exploring the world and after seeing all the story quests.

tl;dr: No diluc for me :(

11 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Don't touch it if you have any kind of gambling problems.

Only start it if you're sure you can just quit it when you're done exploring the world and after seeing all the story quests.

This is true , i probably should have mentioned it in the main post.

12 hours ago, Aldain said:

I played it up to rank 9, got junk from my starter rolls and decided the core gameplay just wasn't enough to keep me interested.

you are missing out on many of the later mechanics. I made it to AR 25 and it opens up much more to do.

3 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

It's fun until you reach ~30 level. Then the game turns into nothing but boring grind, very limited by the amount of money you're willing to donate to the game.

It definitely starts to feel grindy earlier, even as early as AR25. But it's definitely not that limited. Mihoyo is very generous with Primogems, which you can use to replenish your Resin, or Stamina, which allows you to challenge more domains for artifacts, character talent or weapon ascension materials, world bosses for character ascension materials, or Boreas/Stormterror for rare artifacts.

It definitely does start to feel repretitive though, between running daily Commissions and expeditions, especially if you've already completed all of the normal world quests and found all the Oculi. There are some other minor hidden quests (some of which are rather difficult) to complete, though I've been occupying my time with planning out getting weapon/character ascension materials to boost my teams for running the Abyss.

On 2020-10-14 at 8:09 PM, 16Bitman said:

It starts out pretty great, but eventually the game will either demand your money or it will try to drill itself into your weekly schedule.

No it doesn't, idk what you are doing but the game never once asked me for money

& I played other gasha games before, so I know what I'm talking about

My feelings about Genshin Impact are much more lukewarm.

Once you go past AR30, you basically run out of stuff to do, aside from exploring. It's fine if you're the kind of person who likes to explore, but it also means you kinda ran out of things to do, and that your progression is slowed to a crawl. Don't even expect to do endgame stuff because there's no endgame (not surprising tho : the game has been released three weeks ago). The game is charming and very enjoyable until you get there though.

The monetisation of the game is also not as generous as it seems. You will get tons of free stuff when you start out, and then everything will trickle down harshly. Never forget this : Genshin Impact is a gacha game. The goal is to set you up so you will one day spend money in this game just so you can experience again that sweet feeling you had when rolling your first units. There's a lot of mental tricks gacha games do to make you buy at some point and Genshin Impact perform most of them brillantly. 

I greatly encourage you all to check out that reddit post in the spoiler below : 

My personal advice would be to avoid spending money in the game, and to enjoy it in small doses. If you still want to spend money in Genshin Impact for any kind of reason, absolutely keep track of your spendings. If you have issues with gambling, it's probably better to avoid this game.

I figured it out!

I had a revelation just when I reached adventure rank 25 and lv 40/50/40/40 with my team ...

Genshin has NOTHING for most people in the endgame ... and no place where my money can be spent to get immediate value.

Warframe works because it enables player expression, in fashion and different gameplay styles, and when you do spend money it values your time ALWAYS ... not after 90 times because of a pitty-system.

Genshin is making a fortune NOW on the addiction of whales 🐋 ... but i think it will dry up very quickly if they don't change their model.

It will be a harsh " hek you" to the whales that spent 1k+ ... but maybe they are into that, who knows xD

In any case, my money is on " if you think Warframe has a player retention problem ... someone hold genshin's resin :/"

Fact is ... both Warframe more respectable model and genshin's gacha one might be sustainable in equal measure ... so genshin for how much the "community" complains, might end up being incentivated to remain the same, only adding story content ... that are just promo for the monthly gacha machine.

What an amazing game that I in my heart cannot push myself to support  :/

Warframe, you might wanna see if something aboit genshin can work for Duviri or a revamped Open world Experience.

( might be some mistakes .... it's late and my phone has tiny keys >~< )

If you ever consider spending money on Genshin Impact to get a shiny 5 star, read this :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/je3uw4/before_you_spend_money_on_this_game_consider_this/

I'd actually discourage anyone to spend money in Genshin tbh. Spending more than 100 dollars for a 5 star you won't even get cause you have RNG issues is downright abusive and predatory.

I'm more interested in M.A.S.S. Builder and the global release of Punishing: Gray Raven. As for GI, I don't find it appealing. I find Mihoyo's writing unbearable, especially in HI3, which is why I eventually replaced it with PGR.

But hey, if you like it, I hope you have fun with it. 

Archived