Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add new content for conclave

(XBOX)YO BIG BANANA

1 hour ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

So produce more content for the game mode that has less then 1 percent of the player base playing it when the main appeal of the game has been lacking for ages? That is a good joke, you almost had me with that one XD.

Umm... Yes? Keep in mind, there are a lot of games out there, and Warframe must compete with all of them. To do so, it's best to try to attract as many different types of players as possible. If we narrow our view of what Warframe is to only "Co-op PvE missions in tilesets" then we should have resisted any updates involving:

Open worlds, Fashion, Mining, Fishing, Pet breeding, dancing, dojos, decorating, railjack, archwing, the list goes on and on and on!

But DE is smart not to listen to people who resist those things. Because even though they know less than 1% of players enjoy each of these things, each one draws in somebody new, and keeps the variety alive. For example, less than 1% of players play Warframe because they enjoy mining, less than 1% of players play Warframe for dojo decorating, etc... But, bundle all these together, and you have a successful game. Of course, their priorities shift as time goes on, and so they revisit all these things when they feel its necessary. The OP here is simply saying it's time to revisit the PvP stuff, partly because that segment of the playerbase has gotten small (which you correctly pointed out!)

DE have correctly realized that success comes as a result of building a playerbase out of as many different types of players as possible. If they had kept your narrow vision that Warframe should stick with its core formula from the very beginning, and never change or try new things, it almost certainly would have stopped being successful long ago. 

Surely you agree with that assessment, no?

• 1 month later...

Once a year, i step into CONCLAVE to do a few things- 

See if i can get the Syndanna from CONCLAVE to light up

See if possible to get a letter from Teshin

See if it has gotten any better than the last time i tried it out

From this months attempt at CONCLAVE, knowing that there are players that use exploits since they give easy kills, the ability to get a PUBLIC match is slim to nil unless you fall into a match with 2 hardcore exploiting members killing each other for boosting and then they turn on you to turn it inti a 2v1. Besides these pro players tearing through any noob or others looking to see if CONCLAVE is worth saving, there is no saving grace to the mode.

All the players i met this month say they are the best since they use all the exploited stuff to go 25-0 but then say DE should fix the exploits that they use to pump egos in the mode. Lemme guess...since its in the mode, might as well use it til DE changes it? I heard this from players using the Snipers to shoot people around corners to those using electric procs to kill 5 people at once to walking past a player respawning to shoot you across the screen with the Tigris. The players can't stop themselves from making the mode viable for others to want to play the mode....what can DE do to it? So they leave it be for those who desire that killstreak on not knowing about the exploits. The exploiters expect that players that get killed by exploits will ask the exploiters how to exploit like them and grow the CONCLAVE community. And when they get called for using exploits, they say its DE fault instead of curbing the way they play.

I will return to CONCLAVE to see how things are in 2021 and more than likely, it will be the same players exploiting to get the 25 kills saying the same script. Or DE will put it out of WARFRAMES misery once and for all. 

I know that there is probably some very fringe group that enjoys this. But the sad reality is that it won't happen, I'm more likely to die of old age before a change comes to conclave. I don't like conclave, I don't really care if they get rid of it or not. But it is a terrible, terrible investment.

Lets say though, DE does everything that you guys have recommended. The conclave scene? Literal masterpiece with zero flaws, it could be game of the year by its self. Everything is balanced, we have a guy constantly banning cheaters.

Still would not be played, the playerbase would still have that idea of "This sucks" in their head because its been that way for coming on forever now. Since they likely started playing. And you can't change their mind, just not enough people actually playing it to go "Hey this is good."

Putting any sort of investment in conclave is a gamble. Through and through, a gamble they are likely to lose money on.

On 2020-12-02 at 1:44 AM, Whitestrake0 said:

Still would not be played

I don't think it's quite so cut-and-dry.

So far as I see, the major reason the impression of "this sucks" continues (besides, y'know, Conclave actually kinda sucking) is that there's no indicator of a developer paradigm shift. The Conclave status quo is almost complete inattention. If DE were to flat out say "we're rebuilding Conclave from the ground-up to do it all right", and start doing just that, that would completely shatter the status quo. It's hard to assume developer inattention if the thing gets a good portion of developer attention, right?

Of course that won't matter to the fringes - the people who will never play PvP won't play Conclave and the people who always play PvP will continue. But everyone else who doesn't play because they assume Conclave sucks can find that assumption made baseless. Some of them may be stubborn anyway, but others will re-evaluate. And if the changes are done well (and people know about it), those changed opinions could carry on via word of mouth.

That's a big "if", granted, but not a technically impossible one.

• 2 months later...

Archived