Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My experience as a new player in 2020

Zarkor

Hello,

I played Warframe back in 2014 but I only did a few missions and got bored so I never touched it again, until the end of August this year. For some reason, I got hooked. I can't remember what it was like back then, but it's probably improved significantly, which is why it probably made me want to keep playing it this time around. 

I thought I'd share my experience as well as some feedback of what the experience has been like so far. I think I've experienced most of the content, and I'm MR20 at the moment. Mind you, I had platinum from Inaros Prime Access and then the supporter packs to help me along the way.

Star Chart and Quests

Progressing through the star chart was somewhat easy and for the most part entertaining. I made finishing the star chart my goal. However, I was very surprised by the story quests in general, because I was not expecting them, but also because they felt somewhat random in terms of timing. It felt like 'a lot of missions with some quests thrown in between'. The quests were great, however, but they aren't tied to the whole experience at all in any way. Realizing that the game has a cool story around 50 hours in isn't ideal, tbh. It also sucks that you need to build stuff that takes 12-24 hours to advance a quest. 

My main problem up to this point was the the game does a terrible job explaining things to you. I had to read a lot on the Wiki to understand most of the systems. The focus system and kuva liches being the worst offenders in my opinion. I somehow spawned a Kuva Lich at some point and I had no idea why there was this random dude stealing my stuff.

After I was done with the star chart, I focused on upgrading my weapons and my warframes. I learned about mods, weapon types, status chance, etc. But most of that came from outside the game itself. At this point I thought that once I had great weapons and well modded frames, then I would be able to do more rewarding content.

I was very wrong, in a way. Most high level content feels the same as low level content. At MR2, if my weapons dealt 10 damage and the enemies had 100 health, then now my weapons deal 100 damage but the enemies have 1000 health. 

However, the game felt more fun at low MR because I felt I had to be careful and I wanted to explore. Now, every mission with other players is just about bullet jumping to the objective, wreck everything with AoE and then bullet jump to extraction. It feels like I'm speedrunning missions all the time. This wouldn't be a problem if the rewards meant that I could do better content, but it seems I'm speedrunning content just so I can speedrun more.

Railjack, Liches, Open Worlds

At this point, I figured I should build a Railjack. It seemed fun. And it was! I had a blast on my railjack missions and it felt amazing to have my own ship. For like 5 minutes until I discovered there was no point to keep doing them. Not only they became repetitive, since the only difference between planets is enemy level, but they also don't reward you with anything worth farming. Except the Sentient Anomaly mission.

Then I started focusing on Kuva Liches. It seemed like they offered great weapons. However, everything was RNG based. I could not spawn the lich if I didn't like the weapon and try again. That was fine. But even then, the weapon could be bad even if it was the one I wanted, and it'd destroy all my motivation to actually kill the lich, since I'd be doing all that work for basically a trash reward.

Then... open worlds. These have to be the most frustrating things ever. For example, after the thermia fractures event I figured I could do the exploiter orb. I took my Rhino and watched a video on how to kill it, and success! It dropped a Hildryn component blueprint. Great, I thought. I did it again, and again, and I got the three parts. I then farmed toroids to get my standing with Vox Solaris to get the blueprint and build Hildryn! Then it didn't ask for toroids, but also for another component. Weird, I thought, since it's one that Little duck also sells. I read the wiki, and to my surprise, that was locked until I reached max rank with Solaris United first, since the item was a reward of some bounties that aren't available until then. 

This is just an example of what I think is terrible design, not only because those chains of requirements are NOT explained at all in the game, which is misleading and frustrating, but because having these layers upon layers of requirements for everything is just a terrible experience. And this is the case in Orb Vallis, but also in Deimos. 

In Deimos I got a new weapon blueprint as a level up reward, Trumna. Great I thought. Oh, and father sells the components? Great, I have the standing for them. What's this other thing? Oh, it's sold by grandmother. For 20 TOKENS. 

The problem is not that it's expensive. The problem is that it's misleading and frustrating. It's like all the time the game is telling you "Yes, but actually no". 

Final Thoughts

Lastly, Sorties are kinda meh. It's the same speedrunning as everything else, and it doesn't feel challenging or rewarding. Sometimes you can get something good, but most of the time you don't. They'd be a lot better if they allowed you to choose from the tier you got the RNG from. If you got bottom tier, let me choose between Kuva, the Statue, or the Riven, for example.

All that being said, I actually enjoy the game, but I feel like most of the stuff is tedious for the sake of being tedious. And there's no 'goal'. Once you have very powerful weapons and well modded frames, you should be able to do something with it that feels like a reward for your effort. I know there's steel path, but I don't think that fits the bill at all. It's just tougher enemies.

I really love the attention to detail in most things. It seems like DE really cares about the game. The combat feels great. Visuals are awesome. But everything else feels either unfinished or just as something that has potential but it isn't quite there. Railjack could be amazing if expanded upon, for example. 

Right now, I feel like I'm lacking a real reason to keep playing other than collecting stuff. I'd like content that is challenging in a way that you could feel good about your skill. Getting a squad, working together and beating content that made you feel like you accomplished something where there is an actual risk of failing. Farming 2 hours on a Steel path mission doesn't feel like an accomplishment. 

I hope DE can improve on these things in the future, because I think it has potential to be an amazing game, and it does have a great community which is fantastic.

Thanks for reading, if you did. :)

6 minutes ago, Zarkor said:

Hello,

I played Warframe back in 2014 but I only did a few missions and got bored so I never touched it again, until the end of August this year. For some reason, I got hooked. I can't remember what it was like back then, but it's probably improved significantly, which is why it probably made me want to keep playing it this time around. 

I thought I'd share my experience as well as some feedback of what the experience has been like so far. I think I've experienced most of the content, and I'm MR20 at the moment. Mind you, I had platinum from Inaros Prime Access and then the supporter packs to help me along the way.

Star Chart and Quests

Progressing through the star chart was somewhat easy and for the most part entertaining. I made finishing the star chart my goal. However, I was very surprised by the story quests in general, because I was not expecting them, but also because they felt somewhat random in terms of timing. It felt like 'a lot of missions with some quests thrown in between'. The quests were great, however, but they aren't tied to the whole experience at all in any way. Realizing that the game has a cool story around 50 hours in isn't ideal, tbh. It also sucks that you need to build stuff that takes 12-24 hours to advance a quest. 

My main problem up to this point was the the game does a terrible job explaining things to you. I had to read a lot on the Wiki to understand most of the systems. The focus system and kuva liches being the worst offenders in my opinion. I somehow spawned a Kuva Lich at some point and I had no idea why there was this random dude stealing my stuff.

After I was done with the star chart, I focused on upgrading my weapons and my warframes. I learned about mods, weapon types, status chance, etc. But most of that came from outside the game itself. At this point I thought that once I had great weapons and well modded frames, then I would be able to do more rewarding content.

I was very wrong, in a way. Most high level content feels the same as low level content. At MR2, if my weapons dealt 10 damage and the enemies had 100 health, then now my weapons deal 100 damage but the enemies have 1000 health. 

However, the game felt more fun at low MR because I felt I had to be careful and I wanted to explore. Now, every mission with other players is just about bullet jumping to the objective, wreck everything with AoE and then bullet jump to extraction. It feels like I'm speedrunning missions all the time. This wouldn't be a problem if the rewards meant that I could do better content, but it seems I'm speedrunning content just so I can speedrun more.

Railjack, Liches, Open Worlds

At this point, I figured I should build a Railjack. It seemed fun. And it was! I had a blast on my railjack missions and it felt amazing to have my own ship. For like 5 minutes until I discovered there was no point to keep doing them. Not only they became repetitive, since the only difference between planets is enemy level, but they also don't reward you with anything worth farming. Except the Sentient Anomaly mission.

Then I started focusing on Kuva Liches. It seemed like they offered great weapons. However, everything was RNG based. I could not spawn the lich if I didn't like the weapon and try again. That was fine. But even then, the weapon could be bad even if it was the one I wanted, and it'd destroy all my motivation to actually kill the lich, since I'd be doing all that work for basically a trash reward.

Then... open worlds. These have to be the most frustrating things ever. For example, after the thermia fractures event I figured I could do the exploiter orb. I took my Rhino and watched a video on how to kill it, and success! It dropped a Hildryn component blueprint. Great, I thought. I did it again, and again, and I got the three parts. I then farmed toroids to get my standing with Vox Solaris to get the blueprint and build Hildryn! Then it didn't ask for toroids, but also for another component. Weird, I thought, since it's one that Little duck also sells. I read the wiki, and to my surprise, that was locked until I reached max rank with Solaris United first, since the item was a reward of some bounties that aren't available until then. 

This is just an example of what I think is terrible design, not only because those chains of requirements are NOT explained at all in the game, which is misleading and frustrating, but because having these layers upon layers of requirements for everything is just a terrible experience. And this is the case in Orb Vallis, but also in Deimos. 

In Deimos I got a new weapon blueprint as a level up reward, Trumna. Great I thought. Oh, and father sells the components? Great, I have the standing for them. What's this other thing? Oh, it's sold by grandmother. For 20 TOKENS. 

The problem is not that it's expensive. The problem is that it's misleading and frustrating. It's like all the time is telling you "Yes, but actually no". 

Final Thoughts

Lastly, Sorties are kinda meh. It's the same speedrunning as everything else, and it doesn't feel challenging or rewarding. Sometimes you can get something good, but most of the time you don't. They'd be a lot better if they allowed you to choose from the tier you got the RNG from. If you got bottom tier, let me choose between Kuva, the Statue, or the Riven, for example.

All that being said, I actually enjoy the game, but I feel like most of the stuff is tedious for the sake of being tedious. And there's no 'goal'. Once you have very powerful weapons and well modded frames, you should be able to do something with it that feels like a reward for your effort. I know there's steel path, but I don't think that fits the bill at all. It's just tougher enemies.

I really love the attention to detail in most things. It seems like DE really cares about the game. The combat feels great. Visuals are awesome. But everything else feels either unfinished or just as something that has potential but it isn't quite there. Railjack could be amazing if expanded upon, for example. 

Right now, I feel like I'm lacking a real reason to keep playing other than collecting stuff. I'd like content that is challenging in a way that you could feel good about your skill. Getting a squad, working together and beating content that made you feel like you accomplished something where there is an actual risk of failing. Farming 2 hours on a Steel path mission doesn't feel like an accomplishment. 

I hope DE can improve on these things in the future, because I think it has potential to be an amazing game, and it does have a great community which is fantastic.

Pretty much, yeah.  Grind so you can grind some more.

I think deep down, all warframe players are masochists.

I mean, the endgame of warframe is fashion-frame and minmaxing. It's a literal power trip, the game is designed to make you feel extremely powerful, to mow through hordes of enemies like they're paper, and to keep pushing for even bigger numbers, while looking as fashionable as possible.

Sure, there is some lore thrown it here and there, a few new mechanics every now and then to keep the overall same content of killing hordes "fresh". Some are grindier, some are downright obnoxious, but at the end of the day, this game is about power-tripping. And I'm totally fine with that. Sure, there are sometimes burnouts, but I take a break when that happens, and when I come back, the game is still waiting for me, alive and well and sometimes with more content to explore and shred through. (Oh, and warframe is also about collecting everything, you know - Gotta catch em all!)

Edit: Forgot to mention, DE has figured that out for a while now and are now trying to find ways to challenge us, but sometimes (looks at necramech enemies that require certain setups to defeat or nullifiers) they are just obnoxious. And the sometimes, somewhat unecessary or overwhelming nerfs that completely ruin a weapon/warframe. 

DE doesn't know how to do rewords for doing tough content,you play the toughest parts of the game and get a vitality mod than some guy called Baro brings some of the best stuff for an easily obtained currency. You get the other best stuff by obtaining said currency  *yawn*.

I mean you literally get the best stuff not by doing epic things but...................From a vendor.A vendor that comes every two weeks and also has a rng inventory.

It does not help that there is no actual progression.You'll still be doing level 8-10 content with a fully maxed out frame with the best mods.I have no business being in a lith fissure with the equipment I got for example.Its like a maxed level fully raid geared character in wow having to quest in riverwood over and over for the whole game.

2 hours ago, Zarkor said:

I'd like content that is challenging in a way that you could feel good about your skill.

If you’re looking for challenge then you are gonna be extremely disappointed. DE is now catering to the large casual majority. You know casuals right? Those players who doesn’t know how to dodge a simple telegraphed attack, subpar aim, and always complains when a certain equipment or mission requires a very high skill ceiling to maximize. DE loves listening to them, so you can kiss your hope for challenge goodbye.

Realizing that the game has a cool story around 50 hours in isn't ideal, tbh. It also sucks that you need to build stuff that takes 12-24 hours to advance a quest. 

part of that is likely because Second Dream - the first cinematic quest - wasn't added until 2018, so we spent 4 years with very little story, then got a ton of story all at once; it was a literal gamechanger, in more ways than one. not to say it was bad of course; quite the opposite. but you do have to go digging if you want to know more about the universe and unlock quests.

it's pretty much always been this way unfortunately. only the absolute basis like modding and foundry usage have in-game tutorials, you don't get to learn anything about more advanced systems like liches or Eidolons without referring to a 3rd party site or asking someone who knows.

but it seems I'm speedrunning content just so I can speedrun more.

this is arguably what most of us experience: with no definitive endgame content, all we can do is get stronger for the sake of getting stronger, and if you haven't already, you'll reach a point where everything that isn't forcibly stretched out can be completed in a few mins. I'd advise not putting too much stock into random squad matches and take some time to play solo as well. 

3 hours ago, Zarkor said:

! I had a blast on my railjack missions and it felt amazing to have my own ship. For like 5 minutes until I discovered there was no point to keep doing them.

same thing as above, you are inclined only to make your ship stronger to make missions easier, which is why I'm hoping the Railjack will play an important part in the wars to come. 

well, there is Valence Fusion, which allows you to upgrade Lich weapons, but it does mean more grind. a lot of people got burnt out on Liches though, and the system used to be a lot worse: not only could your lich instakill you just for getting your Requiem Sequence wrong, but before, they never actually told you what weapon your Lich would spawn with, so you HAD to stab the Larvling and make the Lich only to find out it's most likely not the weapon you want.

Then it didn't ask for toroids, but also for another component. Weird, I thought, since it's one that Little duck also sells. I read the wiki, and to my surprise, that was locked until I reached max rank with Solaris United first, since the item was a reward of some bounties that aren't available until then. 

ugh, the Systems farm. yep, that's a dark stain on the game's past, it really was a horrible, HORRIBLE grind. dozens upon dozens of missions running in and out of Enrichment labs, countless hours spent Toroid Farming.. I don't miss it at all. 

Seriglass does kinda suck too, but Trumna is well worth it: a fantastic primary weapon with a bonkers alt fire. the Token system was an improvement in some ways, since it allows you to farm beyond your standing cap, but DE also made Conservation mandatory, and that's the worst thing about Deimos for me: I no longer have the choice to avoid content, and had to do it in order to progress within the Syndicate. that's a mistake I hope they never make again.

They'd be a lot better if they allowed you to choose from the tier you got the RNG from. If you got bottom tier, let me choose between Kuva, the Statue, or the Riven, for example.

heh, that's wishful thinking, DE would never give us that kind of freedom, because everybody would pick Rivens 99% of the time. used to be worse though: Rivens were originally an uncommon reward.

But everything else feels either unfinished or just as something that has potential but it isn't quite there. Railjack could be amazing if expanded upon, for example. 

yep, this right here. it genuinely infuriates me when we get new things that have potential and then see them abandoned, but DE have at least tried to get better in this regard: I assumed they abandoned Liches since not that many people actively enjoy them, mostly for the reasons you already listed; but they confirmed Corpus Liches are coming Soon™ and with those, we should see a major overhaul of the system (or at the very least, the newer ones won't be as grindy). considering that Liches (should)  be in a better place at that point, it makes sense that their next focus after that would be on railjack again, especially if they give us the ability to fight a Lich's ship in Railjack Missions. having the two be linked together was part of the original idea after all.

that's the main problem though: Warframe isn't a game about skill, it never has been. it's a power fantasy game that let's us feel like badasses, but that's because we're already the most overpowered things within the game's universe. difficult content is not only subjective, but also incompatible with warframe at it's very core. then there's also DE's vision for the game, which is aimed squarely at casual players. the chances of us ever getting anything requiring serious Co-operation and skill are microscopic at best. 2 hours on Steel Path is an accomplishment in a way; it proves that you are great at not falling asleep from boredom. 

you pretty much hit the nail on the head here, not gonna lie, but these issues have all been around for years, and that's also how long it usually takes DE to get around to fixing them. 

It seems like you just started, tried to rush every aspect of the game, then got overwhelmed. I think that's kinda odd to go straight for hildryn without even touching Fortuna standing. You read the wiki but somehow missed that glaring detail? 

You went straight for liches without even knowing what they were? They changed the prompt to hold instead of just pressing a button on an obvious red icon that had a cutscene and light flicker before it. That personally would've signalled in my brain "whoa, I don't know what's going on here, maybe I'll leave this alone for now."

Then using public matches to determine how the game is....you know you're allowed to find a group of friends and play at your own pace, right? 

I built my weapons and frames up to run stuff solo sometimes. That's ok if you like playing in groups, but this is an MMO and many games you try will have people rushing content because it's more efficient. When I want to take my time in content I go solo or find a friend to do something specific.

I think you tried to handle too much at once but that's just my 2 cents.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

It seems like you just started, tried to rush every aspect of the game, then got overwhelmed. I think that's kinda odd to go straight for hildryn without even touching Fortuna standing. You read the wiki but somehow missed that glaring detail? 

You went straight for liches without even knowing what they were? They changed the prompt to hold instead of just pressing a button on an obvious red icon that had a cutscene and light flicker before it. That personally would've signalled in my brain "whoa, I don't know what's going on here, maybe I'll leave this alone for now."

Then using public matches to determine how the game is....you know you're allowed to find a group of friends and play at your own pace, right? 

I built my weapons and frames up to run stuff solo sometimes. That's ok if you like playing in groups, but this is an MMO and many games you try will have people rushing content because it's more efficient. When I want to take my time in content I go solo or find a friend to do something specific.

I think you tried to handle too much at once but that's just my 2 cents.

I just had free time, so I played a lot. I didn't go straight to Hildryn. I have Solaris United at level 3, I think. I just didn't really enjoy it enough to commit. The main reason I went for exploiter orb was for nightwave. 

Also, yes, the wiki said "Vox solaris", so I went to Little Duck and I saw it required rank 3. It never occurred to me that reaching rank 3 would require reaching max standing with Solaris United first. 

I didn't go 'straight for liches'. One larving just happened to spawn in a mission, and it said press X, so I did. It didin't give me any other information about it. The "I'll leave this alone" thing doesn't make sense. If the game is telling you to do something, most of the time you'll just do it and see what happens. 

That "your own pace" thing is an argument I can never get behind. If the game allows me to blow everything up, I don't find that crippling myself to make it artificially more challenging is fun either.

I do stuff solo sometimes, but, why would I solo relics for example, when I can have 4 chances for a rare when playing with others, vs just 1 while playing by myself? I enjoy doing spy missions by myself, but that's it. 

Also, for a game to have good content it doesn't necessarily has to be hard content. It can just be fun content.

You nailed it. Grind to get better at grinding, welcome to Warframe.

In all seriousness, I had this moment in my WF journey several months ago where I thought to myself “why am I still doing this? There’s no point”, and my answer was “because it’s fun.” Warframe is fun, and I realized right then that as long as I’m having fun I don’t need an end goal.

IMO, Warframe is best enjoyed when looking at it like a sandbox to play in however you like. Make new builds and new playstyles and then go try them out wherever and however you want.

Warframe is the first game I’ve ever played with this kind of mentality and it has been more than a breath of fresh air for me. It’s my go to stress relief at the moment and I just love this beautiful mess of a game.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

Sandbox game nails it imo. Creating challenging content with that many frames, weapons and synergies is almost impossible right now (except by stripping us from our abilities, that might be challenging but not fun...).

Its not lack of challenging content that is the problem.There is some actually but there is just zero point in doing it currently.That is the main problem.I mean sure some might not find it challenging enough but many would going by what I've seen in arbi's and steel path.

Why would I go past 10mins in to high end survival for 50 endo and stuff that hasn't been useful to me since my first week of play? why would I do steel path for a statue of a planet and a few cosmetics? All the new "hard mode" stuff rewords useless crap.No idea when they introduced nightmare missions but that gives decent rewords but the problem is there is no need to go back to them once you have them.There is always a need to go back to level 8-10 missions and it makes no sense.

This game needs some kind of scoring system (mmr) to calculate and tune what difficulty you get.like in any single player game the difficulty ramps up as you get more powerful,warframe does not and its a huge problem.I'm tired of mandatory low level content farming.It cant be fun for the poor new players just standing there watching nuke everything in seconds either.

11 minutes ago, Guiver909 said:

Its not lack of challenging content that is the problem.There is some actually but there is just zero point in doing it currently.That is the main problem.I mean sure some might not find it challenging enough but many would going by what I've seen in arbi's and steel path.

Why would I go past 10mins in to high end survival for 50 endo and stuff that hasn't been useful to me since my first week of play? why would I do steel path for a statue of a planet and a few cosmetics? All the new "hard mode" stuff rewords useless crap.No idea when they introduced nightmare missions but that gives decent rewords but the problem is there is no need to go back to them once you have them.There is always a need to go back to level 8-10 missions and it makes no sense.

This game needs some kind of scoring system (mmr) to calculate and tune what difficulty you get.like in any single player game the difficulty ramps up as you get more powerful,warframe does not and its a huge problem.I'm tired of mandatory low level content farming.It cant be fun for the poor new players just standing there watching nuke everything in seconds either.

I think this lad has said it best, Warframes biggest issue is reward verse scaling. I finished the SP and had no reason to return to it. I could sit in survivals for hours on end but the reward and difficulty don't scale right. Going back into level ten missions for x reason or resource grab still makes no sense.

I feel like i should be versing level 500+ enemies on the regular but I'd expect the rewards to match my time against them. In saying that just gotta point out i love Warframe and only want the best for it.

40 minutes ago, Guiver909 said:

"High end" survival doesn't reward 50 endo.....: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Survival/Rewards#Tier 4

If you're not aware: 10 minutes is not even Rotation C, where the better rewards drop. You want to hit 20 minutes for Rotation C.

Nightmare mods are also highly sellable. 

Endurance runs are for relics and resources if you still need them, and to just have fun testing out a weapon or frame or loadout. Relics can be sold or opened for the stuff inside, which can be sold or used. 

Steel path is for fighting higher levels enemies and basically is a kuva farm now. If you're not into using or selling rivens then it's fun to just test yourself. 

I agree it would be nice if there were more in game explanations. 

im not sure what they can actually implement as a "challenging" endgame that some people wont blow through in a matter of days? The game doesn't have to last forever, you can get a huge amount time out of it and play something else. There are ways you can extend your stay as well. Setting goals for yourself, taking your time, etc.

11 hours ago, devildevil21 said:

Sure, there is some lore thrown it here and there, a few new mechanics every now and then to keep the overall same content of killing hordes "fresh". Some are grindier, some are downright obnoxious, but at the end of the day, this game is about power-tripping. And I'm totally fine with that. Sure, there are sometimes burnouts, but I take a break when that happens, and when I come back, the game is still waiting for me, alive and well and sometimes with more content to explore and shred through. (Oh, and warframe is also about collecting everything, you know - Gotta catch em all!)

This is what I do as well, I like that the game lets me become super powerful and have fun, fun is a good thing! I don't want to fight with the game to have it. there is always something to grind for and collect, there is always fashion frame, there are always adorable animals to rescue.

more people should take breaks or just go slower, treating it like a second job isn't healthy and it warps the balance of the game when too many people do it, see path of exile.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

IMO, Warframe is best enjoyed when looking at it like a sandbox to play in however you like. Make new builds and new playstyles and then go try them out wherever and however you want.

Warframe is the first game I’ve ever played with this kind of mentality and it has been more than a breath of fresh air for me. It’s my go to stress relief at the moment and I just love this beautiful mess of a game.

I feel similarly, I don't actually want warframe to become more "hardcore", there are plenty of "hardcore" games for people to enjoy, I like warframe the way it is with a relaxing sandbox where you can expiriment with awesome powers and don't have to fight with the gameplay to do it. Warframe is accessible in a way I wish games like path of exile were.

13 hours ago, Zarkor said:

Pretty much spot on.
There are numerous videos and topics from the community with suggestions how to diversify this intermediate-veteran player stalemate that the game put upon us.
Because the thing is - the game core(combat system, movement, visuals, modding etc) is amazing and feels really really good. But the game teaches you to gather and "grind" and farm all the time from the start and at some point it dries up.
I still play it for one reason only - before I used quake 3 to chill after work and kill some bots, but this is the better/modern way to do it imo.
In terms of do I have anything to do in it? No.

And the point of the game not teaching you at least the basics...that is a long long overdue problem and a lot of ppl hoped that the "new player experience update" could at least tackle that, but it was just a visual makeover...

15 hours ago, Zarkor said:

This is DE erring on the side of letting player play new content. Because the Exploiter Orb it tied to a global event that anyone can see they let them run the Explaiter Orb out of sequence.

The intended progress is:

Venus -> Vox Solaris quest -> Old Mate in Solaris United -> The War Within -> Vox Solaris -> Exploiter Orbs

Nobody should be doing Vox Solaris content until the are Old Mate to SU and have the Operator fully unlocked.

If you were here when it launched that is the order you would have been forced into, DE are adverse to locking content away from new players so you get to do things in the order you want, but also you may have to skip back and forth to collect requirements you missed.

The Lich system should play the intro cinematic that we got on launch after TWW. I thought that happened but it seems to not do so.

As for "better content" what were you expecting, what is it that the main mission path isn't providing? Aremt all games that don't end just repreating the same content again to get stuff to do the same content with higher numbers (Until they top out or scale forever)

12 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

If you’re looking for challenge then you are gonna be extremely disappointed. DE is now catering to the large casual majority. You know casuals right? Those players who doesn’t know how to dodge a simple telegraphed attack, subpar aim, and always complains when a certain equipment or mission requires a very high skill ceiling to maximize. DE loves listening to them, so you can kiss your hope for challenge goodbye.

couldn't agree more, i swear everytime something a bit challenging or harder to kill, get implemented in the game, it get nerfed to the ground in few weeks, just look at bursas/scambrus/grineer manic/nox/corrupted vor(yes, long ago it was a real threat) or arbitrations/sortie....

why? because causal keep whining and complaining that these units/gamemode are too hard...

There's casual games like Farmville and Cookie-Clicker.

When it comes down to it, Warframe adds itself to that list.

Thing is that there's no challenge and no objective to the game. When it comes down to it it's all about doing a mission because there's a low chance to get something you don't have, and really just sitting there spamming a button until you win.

People used to play games because they were fun. People play Warframe out of the need to complete a collection and get all the trophies.

The game reflects the developers; it's doesn't explain itself. =D

Outside the grind of the gameplay, having to read up on it, is a grind on top of that grind.

The problems with the game are an expression of how spoiled the developers are, having a core of players, who would put up with literally anything.

For me I have a limit, and the planet-grinds are just... I don't even know word to use, Absurd or maybe like catatonic, that moment right after an injury where you question what happened and life feels surreal. Is what planet-grinding feels like to me.

You have to fish, so you can get the level 2 laser, to get the level 1 schematics for the level 3 fishing pole.... on a daily cap, as if it weren't already the biggest waste of time in itself.

And don't forget the 9 random resources spread across the map, on a gate night/day cycle. Like they spend all their creative energy, coming up with new ways to waste people's time, instead of thinking about actual gameplay. The grind is the game, the game isn't the game.

Look, I didn't even want to go down to planet in the first place, lol, now you add this babushka doll inception grind, I am about ready to un-install the game.

... which I literally did, I ragequit the game when they copy-pasted the second planet, venus. 

I haven't played waframe since venus came out and up until a week before demios, by random chance not having kept up with warframe, I come back right as they copy-paste another planet lol. You just reach a point of apathy I guess, because I just don't care anymore. I obviously can't expect developers to pay any attention to me but watching them ignore problems on a general level, it's hard to not just return the favor.

At this point is more hoping they don't ruin the areas of the game, that actually do work, and then we just have to live without new content that is playable.

Archived