Jump to content

Why do other games and services do crossovers but warframe won't?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Funny enough DE did art contracting work for the Halo custom armor parts, particularly for Halo Reach and the continuations. Might be worth seeing if DE's art team did the Hayabusa armor in the first place!

Wait what!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aldain said:

The big question is "What kind of crossover content would fit in Warframe without being so jarring that it looks like a Mobile Game crossover?".

I'm having trouble thinking of a good franchise that could crossover with Warframe and not be so out of place it would only pass as an April Fool's joke.

I always go with Destiny, since whilst the details of the Aesthetics are dramatically different, they're both future fantasy games, which crosses a lot of the gap.

Spoiler

ArtStation - Warframe x Destiny , Enrique Shieh

WARFRAME-HALO-DESTINY - The Four

The second one's cheating since it uses the artist's own stylisation rather than either of the originals, I know, but still, Limbo and a Hunter (alongside a Spartan and... I'm not sure what the fourth one is) still fit together decently well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Halo 3: Hayabusa Armour?

I understand this is double the problems legally, since I am asking for a collab to be collabed...and we have more then enough Excalibur skins, but still.

Breh that was my favorite thing about Halo 3. That freakin helmet. Digital Xtremes has to do a Ninja Gaiden collabo. Or at least add a Sonic The Hedgehog skin like everyone else is doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aldain said:

I'm having trouble thinking of a good franchise that could crossover with Warframe and not be so out of place it would only pass as an April Fool's joke.

Obviously, it would be Cookie Clicker.

Or Stardew Valley.

Or maybe Vampire: The Masquerade, our endgame is farming blood all day after all.

 

 

Actual serious ones, i could maybe see a Metal Gear Solid crossover going on with the Razorback Armada. (not in a way that i could actually see this happen as there's obviously no chance for that, but as possible from a story perspective without it necessarily feeling forced, given the right background story)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Likely, it just doesn't have the star power compared to other, more mainstream titles, like CoD

This is a riot, thinking that CoD has star power. Definitely laughing at this delusion.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

As long as we don't wind up with Burger King Excalibur skins and Nora plugging adds for boner pills I'm fine with Warframe being in other games.

what about GFuel?

*cackling*

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

This is a riot, thinking that CoD has star power. Definitely laughing at this delusion.

If you mention Call of Duty to any random person or gamer, it's not unexepected for somebody to know what you're talking about.

If you mention Warframe, you'll probably need to clarify.

Q.E.D. CoD is more recognisable, and is therefore a more valuable advertising platform.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please the fk no! The reason I don't play Monster Hunter is because of crossovers. If I wanted to play Super Mario I'd play Super Mario and not Warframe with a Super Mario skin.

Lore breaking skins can fk off from any game. Regardless if they are cross overs or original lore breakers. They can all collectively collect their asses and throw themselves in garbage.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Acersecomic said:

Please the fk no! The reason I don't play Monster Hunter is because of crossovers. If I wanted to play Super Mario I'd play Super Mario and not Warframe with a Super Mario skin.

Lore breaking skins can fk off from any game. Regardless if they are cross overs or original lore breakers. They can all collectively collect their asses and throw themselves in garbage.

I'd suggest you give Generations a shot if you have the chance.

Yes, it has crossovers, but they're entirely relegated to optional, downloaded quests - you have to actively go out of your way to have them in your game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They do Twitch streaming stuff. Marketing with other games and publishers requires a fair amount of legal agreements, so probably depends. Companies like EA where they're mass publishing several games can do it easily in-house.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I'd suggest you give Generations a shot if you have the chance.

Yes, it has crossovers, but they're entirely relegated to optional, downloaded quests - you have to actively go out of your way to have them in your game.

My problem are not the quests or tasts themselves since they can be ignored. It's people running around in special skins.
Example, I can't toggle off the godawful bunny ears, pumpkin heads, candy cane weapon skins and kubrow party hats. You can't turn that off, you can't make it so it does not display on other players. THAT is what bothers me. If someone wants to look like an utter circus freak out of place, by all means. BUT DO NOT ruin it for others who despise that sht.

I come from TERA Online, a beautiful, high-fantasy setting that used to have incredible armors, template systems etc... now it has loonie-toons cars with sirens and other stuff like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-10-15 at 12:23 AM, Aldain said:

The big question is "What kind of crossover content would fit in Warframe without being so jarring that it looks like a Mobile Game crossover?".

I'm having trouble thinking of a good franchise that could crossover with Warframe and not be so out of place it would only pass as an April Fool's joke.

Marvel no doubt. Some heroes could definently get shoved into the game either as enemies or playable characters without being too odd. Their multiverse is filled with time travel, dimensional travel, immortal people and so on. I guess the same could be said for DC and some other superhero frenchises. It would also kinda fit since there are cosmically enhanced heroes or straight up cosmic entities in Marvel, which we have here too, with the Tenno and Wally. The question is just how out of whack some of the heroes would be even when compared to frames. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Why do other games and services do crossovers but warframe won't?"

[players post evidence of 3 crossovers]

On 2020-10-14 at 12:49 PM, Deshiel said:

one cameo per millenium huh I should totally delete this thread.

[facepalm]

I mean, yeah, you should delete it because you asked "why isn't the sky blue?" and then when others corrected your faulty premise you for some reason decided to get in their face instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...