Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mortal Kombat's latest Rain gameplay trailer makes me sad for Hydroid.

TheGodofWiFi

For those who are unfamiliar, Mortal Kombat is a fighting game. Think Frame Fighter, but a whole game and a lot more gory. In it there are a multitude of different characters. Rain is character who can manipulate the element of water (as well as lightning but that's irrelevant). Mortal Kombat just released a new Rain gameplay trailer and it made me incredibly sad for Hydroid, because that gameplay just shows how badass water manipulation can be;

• You can solidify water into any shape you want, such as deadly spikes, saws and even handheld blades.
  • You can turn into water form (not a ridiculous puddle, but an actual humanoid water form), completely avoiding most types of damage.
  • You can pressurise water around yourself to boost your attacks and do devastating damage to an opponent.
  • You can teleport through the water molecules in the air.
  • You can fly using water as jet-like propulsions.
  • You can literally disintegrate enemies with the kinetic force of water.
  • You can suspend enemies in water bubbles, drown them and throw them about.
  • You can use the force of water to directly boost your melee damage.

And that's just some of the ways water can be used offensively. Meanwhile Hydroid just sits there in a puddle, can spawn a few tentacles and can push enemies away. 

DE, I know its a long shot after seven years of nothing, but take a look at that gameplay and take notes for a Hydroid rework please, if you ever bother to actually do one...

Funny finding this thread, after having just watched both the trailer and Maximilian Dood's video. He does look badass, though I think Fujin's moves still edges it in term of flashiness. MK11's visual design has always been impressive, but I'm still slightly miffed with Sindel's retcon - Aftermath did make it feel a little better, but I still think it was unnecessarily jarring. Ah well, I'm more of an Injustice guy anyway (loves Harley Quinn).

As for Hydroid, he's going to get a rework eventually, he has to. Won't have Rain's moves, but should be relatively better to play.

Archived