Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix: 29.2.4: NIGHTS OF NABERUS!

[DE]Rebecca

Thursday finally brings us an update listed for "next week."  That's....interesting.  It's almost like releasing a halloween update half way through October is really pushing the ability to get anything done before its end....but fine.

Now the more interesting bits.  This week brought about railjack and orb vallis challenges....and boy are they not fun.  Not in the dense that the tasks themselves are a unique challenge, they are simply somewhat grueling, it's fun in the fact that 2 years into this content, and 1 year respectively, they are still a buggy mess that's not really fit to call a beta.  Let's count down the idiocy of this week, and all have a good laugh at how bad of an idea it was to not get this garbage fixed.

On Orb Vallis there are plenty of "Infiltrate the area" bounty segments.  On three this week I infiltrated, got to the console, and could not hack it.  This isn't my inability to perform the task, is was walking up to the terminal and there was no interaction option.  Time one was frustrating, but I figured it was a specific one.  Nope.  Next go around it worked.  Time two and three repeated this....but they break the bounty chain because there's literally no way to progress.  That's about a 40% failure rate with these.

Profit Taker....oh boy.  Still issues spawning the archguns consistently.  Still some hit detection issues dependent upon the host.  Still an absolutely frustrating grab-bag of rewards.  It's great that you can now buy them from Little Duck, but the costs are a little wonky when it's 210000 standing to get a single maxed arcane.  That's nuts when you think of it as 210 random drops of the sola/vega/calda toroid.  At least it's only 35 of the Profit Taker drops....ooof.

Now, let's talk railjack.  It's a bumpy ride.  I'm glad you've fixed the avionics appearing right.  I'm glad that the missions reasonably reward resources now...assuming you're only looking for the copernics/cubic diodes/pustule/ceramic.  What I still have issues with is:

-Disconnects from the host keep you on their ship...which can easily lead you to have no resources, no drops, and an absolute garbage ship.

-The thing gets way buggier after 3 missions in a row.  Yeah, only takes 3 and then it's a crap-shoot whether things break.

-I was locked out of the artillery because the animation bringing me down to its level brought me below the deck....how is this still a thing?

-Speaking of bizarro things, there's still no component trading....why is this?  We can trade almost everything else, but with railjack once you've got the best numbers all of the components are scrap...for dirac...that by the time you can use it you've probably already gotten more than you need.

-Finally, let's talk about this game mode.  With the best reactor you can't have a maxed mod in each slot.  You can't really function without tether or void hole.  There's literally no ability to use archwing due to how you've changed the spawn of fighters.  Based upon your conversation it's likely that archwing nodes are going to see a revision...but that will make it nearly impossible to grind them to higher levels.  Has anybody there actually done the math on this?  I'm asking because in the open worlds they are an easily shot down taxi, in railjack they're an invitation to be blown up, and thus they're going to be a pain to level up if the structure of railjack isn't substantially changed.  All of this is coming as a dev stream comment, and upon the back of the previously promised modular arhwing.  I just need to know somebody there is aware of how little love there's going to be if the archwing grind is like the Necramech grind, where it's a slog through the open world.

Finally, let's talk about the developer stream.  I'm going to thank Reb for asking the ghoul saw question....and I'm going to be blunt that the response is disheartening.  The off-hand discussion of garments is...years in the making.  Maybe you can just announce that it's not going to happen, or suggest that it's also behind the 2016 promise to have dual wield nikanas and the stance drop rework that was even earlier and still not implemented.

Let me be blunt, it's obvious that people are making promises to hype, changing goals, then never addressing things.  That's the sign of incompetence or inconsistency of vision....which is what it is.  What is bothersome is that you actually finally released the Hydroid Prime trailer.  You lost, rebuilt, showed, but never put out Zephyr Deluxe.  You spent literal years with the sentient arm cannon.  The infested heavy blade eventually got into the game, as a skin.  The huge promises and frankly bull-shot nature of the Railjack content in your promotional material are nearly the polar opposite of its in-game condition.  I'm sorry, but at this point if you were meteorologists and I had your forecasts I'd simply assume the opposite of what was said to be true, and it'd be for the weather on Monday of that week, delivered on Friday's news.  

What I'm trying to say here is that you're not seeing a resurgence of players, on PC at least, despite the lockdowns because there's no trust left for you.  There's been three years of huge promises, mediocre delivery, and every single PR stunt has been a blunder.  I'll make this point clear, nobody has been announced as the winner of the tenno is space program, and to get any response you'd need a time machine to send a request for the name to winners@mkpromosource.com.

PoE was huge....then lost momentum.  Fortuna was a meme and huge factory of that theme song chant....but at release lacked the thing you sold it on at tennocon (orb mothers).  Railjack released at a game awards show, and promptly caught fire before it could be driven out of the lot.  Yay quality control.  Liches were....not adopted well.  Scarlet Spear was...let's call it a technical and fundamental mess.  Finally Deimos has been a bit less messy, but only because it is missing so much content that very shortly after release the immediate sell was that more content was coming soon.

I just want you guys to give us an 80% experience.  80% bug free, with only 20% of things causing game breaking glitches.  For the record, that's .2*.2 or 4% of missions ending in some substantive bug.  I'd like a game with 80% of the content mattering, instead of the core game being divorced from all of the grind islands.  Instead of such a low bar we get something like the Helminth system.  The resource costs for railjack were nuts, and took a month to revise.  There are still abilities that simply don't work, though less given the many patches.  With all of this came weeks of crashes and soft locks, which have gotten better but are literally now pointless because it's one-and-done content after the 40+ feedings are done.

Let me suggest a fix, that's lore friendly and will cost you nothing.  My goal here is to allow expansion of the Helminth, minimal work from DE, and to make it minimal static from people already capable of going through this grind. 

Remove the rank system for the Helminth, because it's only a problem if you're resource starved to the point of barely being able to engage with it.  The ranks are not rewarding, and bear no functional value given the costs to rank up and subsume. 

Have a visual artist bang out a quick room for the dojo, specified to the Helminth.  Implement it and hide within it the abilities, the segment blue print, and most importantly hide other upgrades to the organic bits of the ship.  That's the nutrio segment, helminth, and anything else related to the orbiter functions.  This gives a lore source to expansion of the orbiter, and lets your team run wild with the cost of things. 

Now, introduce something like the already present dyes, mixed with the conservation mechanics.  Your clan researches an essence extractor, which functions like the dart gun.  Enemies hit with the essence extractor will be marked for 30 seconds, and killing them within that time will yield vital essence.  This will then be expended at the research center to unlock the abilities, and once completed the clan members will purchase ability module to feed to the helminth.  This will be clan specific, and time locked, so it'll be a relatively long term grind.  Every so often you can rotate in new enemies, with abilities that are appropriate for them.

Let's look at the current crop.  Marked for Death - Feral Kubrow (a play on the mod set offering the same).  Expedited Suffering - Deimos Jugulus (given their status focus).  Rebuild Shields - Corpus Shield Drone.  Perspicacity - Choose a type of moa and go wild.  Energized Munitions - Nullifiers (this is a signal of how good it is, and to make it slightly challenging).  Sentient Appetite - Conculyst (slightly challenging, and most abundant sentient enemy).  

Pump out a couple of new abilities every quarter, like you previously put out augments.  Yeah, it's not going to be great, but if there's a bunch of abilities and even augments eventually this will be less about  min-max builds, and more about tailoring frames to you.  

I'm happy to be wrong here, and know that the suggestion is going to be ignored like always.  It's depressing, but at this point it's just DE's standard response.  Maybe we'll see something better in the future....but given the current state of things I'm putting a bigger bet on continued failure until this game is just the fringe grinders...and that's sad for old and new players alike.

1 hour ago, Raitlor said:

@[DE]Rebecca

On May 20th, patch 27.5.4 was released, and with it, Garuda, Baruuk, Excalibur (Prime/Umbra), Valkyr (Prime), Wukong (Prime) and Titania (Prime) all lost the ability to properly utilize crit builds on their innate melee weapons. For all exalted melee weapons, the previously functioning Gladiator mod set bonus stopped working, and for Garuda, she also lost the functionality of Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds on her talons.

We have yet to hear any word on if this change was intentional and just unannounced, or if there is a bug happening here. If it is in fact a bug, we have had no word on if its even being looked into. Myself, I hope it is actually a bug, because I am sick of DE's ninja nerfs for frames and weapons that do not deserve to be kicked while they are down. If this was intentional, I would like to hear their reasoning for essentially deleting crit builds for all of these frames' innate melee weapons.

I have not played since May 22 upon learning that these mod interactions no longer function. I would like to return to the game, but knowing that this issue is just the tip of the iceburg, and seeing so many other issues go unnoticed and unfixed really puts a damper on that. I've been here since 2013, I am a Founder, and I am very disappointed that DE continues to just push out new, disjointed content without caring at all about the existing content and its functionality.

@[DE]RebeccaCan we please get any word on this issue? We have been screaming for months now trying to get at least an acknowledgement only to receive nothing.

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Reduced Isolation Vault Bounty Toxicity phase from 3 minutes to 1:30 minutes.

I wouldnt say this is the worst part of the Iso Vault, Loid flying at breakneck 2km/h is. He need to be at least 2 to 3 times faster, maybe make the defence part 1.5 times longer to counteract. But the biggest change, cut the going back into the vault entirely, Loid charges last objective - he teleports out and the door becomes interactable. Those changes would make me reconsider doing the mission.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Reduced Isolation Vault Bounty Toxicity phase from 3 minutes to 1:30 minutes.

An early change meant for Update Deimos: Arcana that was low risk to add now! Feedback alluded to this phase not offering much variety within the Bounty - so we’ve shortened it to get you to the meat of the Bounty quicker! 

Any chance the bait station phase will also get reduced? Perhaps reverted to the time it had at launch?
It's just..boring to sit around an objective waiting for enemies to come at it. Much like other mobile defence-like objectives in free roam missions.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed Mirage’s Eclipse ability not functioning properly with Deferred Rendering enabled. As detailed here! 

•  A sharp-eyed Tenno noticed a change with Eclipse's damage bonus using our new Enhanced Graphics engine setting, and it turns out Mirage had us all under an illusion. Eclipse changes its effect intensity based on how bright (or dark) your current location is. The game calculates the brightness by considering all the light sources that are affecting you.  The problem... Under the Enhanced Graphics engine, lighting is handled in a different way than the Classic way we've been using for years. So while playing Landscape missions the sunlight was not being included in the intensity. What looked like bright open ground lit by the sun was, as far as the game is concerned internally, gloomy and overcast. This will be fixed such that the Eclipse ability will consider the real-time sunlight under the Enhanced renderer. We cannot guarantee that the results will be exactly the same using the two equations, but any difference should be negligible.

Eclipse has also not been functioning properly in the old engine setting.

To be more precise, there are some tile sets like the infested grineer galleon where it's mostly dark, which is ok.
However, when you stand under the vast majority of "spotlights" (especially the volumetric lighting sources) they do not register as light.

On the contrary, there are tile sets like the corpus outpost where you can find more ayatan stars than dark spots.

Could that also be looked into? Right now Mirage is either very tanky or very glass cannon, but can hardly be both in the same mission.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mirage had us all under an illusion

I hope what I see is also an illusion and "next phase" of Warframe Revised will give us a toggle for that ability, because every time I use her, I feel like "I've been had" by the game engine.

1 hour ago, Xardis said:

I wouldnt say this is the worst part of the Iso Vault, Loid flying at breakneck 2km/h is. He need to be at least 2 to 3 times faster, maybe make the defence part 1.5 times longer to counteract. But the biggest change, cut the goung back into the vault entirely, Loid charges last objective - he teleports out and the door becomes interactable. Those changes would make me reconsider doing the mission.

you can use wisp, loki or nova for example to speed this up.... try that, but also the loid/otak vault is optional

17 hours ago, ---Swaggi--- said:

Thx for Hotfix

Bruh still no fix for Vome and Fass Residue being unaffected by Booster andf Charm Buff. Just why?!?!?!?

Hmm okay i' already done with Naberus Shop... What a dissapointment i'd rather wanting to do plague star earning some formas till event ends but here???? I dont have these option and buying countless contagion doesnt seem that worthwhile tbh... :/
Seriously DE why did you remove Formas??? It's something the game is all about and we have barely have the chance to get some ( i exclude fissures here since u get only Forma BP's which take 23h to build, i speak about crafted ones)
And with the dynamic in changes formaing your gear is always a thing so again why isnt it availabe in the shop????

DE, the plague star is better be running again. if this event is just a lazy, and more precisely, GREEDY way of stealing our formas, just straight up admit it. that'll feel less insulting. or give explanations. ( or better, put forma back at the same time/reward ratio it was for PS. which was basically a forma every 7-10 minute with a proper team. )

ho, and remember. PRE-BUILT forma. cause you'd be the kind to monkey paw us and let us buy blueprint rather than built forma. that's your kind of tricks.

I SINCERELY HOPE THAT THIS ISN"T THE PLAGUE STAR DEFINITIVE REPLACEMENT, BECAUSE  IF SO, THE GREED OF TAKING AWAY THE FORMA REWARD IS DISGUSTING, AND NOT EVEN DISGUISED.

2 hours ago, Raitlor said:

@[DE]Rebecca

On May 20th, patch 27.5.4 was released, and with it, Garuda, Baruuk, Excalibur (Prime/Umbra), Valkyr (Prime), Wukong (Prime) and Titania (Prime) all lost the ability to properly utilize crit builds on their innate melee weapons. For all exalted melee weapons, the previously functioning Gladiator mod set bonus stopped working, and for Garuda, she also lost the functionality of Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds on her talons.

We have yet to hear any word on if this change was intentional and just unannounced, or if there is a bug happening here. If it is in fact a bug, we have had no word on if its even being looked into. Myself, I hope it is actually a bug, because I am sick of DE's ninja nerfs for frames and weapons that do not deserve to be kicked while they are down. If this was intentional, I would like to hear their reasoning for essentially deleting crit builds for all of these frames' innate melee weapons.

I have not played since May 22 upon learning that these mod interactions no longer function. I would like to return to the game, but knowing that this issue is just the tip of the iceburg, and seeing so many other issues go unnoticed and unfixed really puts a damper on that. I've been here since 2013, I am a Founder, and I am very disappointed that DE continues to just push out new, disjointed content without caring at all about the existing content and its functionality.

@Raitlor

I'm not DE Staff but I can explain exactly what's going on: Acolyte mods and set bonuses don't work on exalted weapons and that's by design. Not sure if they ever did since the exalted rework, but it's been like this at least since 2018 when I started playing. A simple way to test it is trying to equip Hydraulic Crosshairs and Augur Pact on Mesa's Regulators or Titania's Dex Pixia, the result is that HC won't show up (it's an acolyte mod) and Augur Pact won't increase the set bonus. the reason they never mentioned it is because it never changed, there wasn't anything to announce or explain, Baruuk was never able to equip Blood Rush and thank the void for that.

Garuda's Talon though is a whole other can of worms. The change here is that it is now an exalted but the arsenal does not treat it as such because it is not related to a skill and thus it lets it equip acolytes mods that won't work in-game but it will hit enemies affected by the rift like all other exalted. You can, however, use Venka Prime and ignore it completely. Does it suck? Yes. Does it change anything besides aesthetic? Not really.

And that's it, what to do next is up to you. Best of luck and have a nice day!

1 minute ago, Zurielz said:

I'm not DE Staff but I can explain exactly what's going on: Acolyte mods and set bonuses don't work on exalted weapons and that's by design. Not sure if they ever did since the exalted rework, but it's been like this at least since 2018 when I started playing. A simple way to test it is trying to equip Hydraulic Crosshairs and Augur Pact on Mesa's Regulators or Titania's Dex Pixia, the result is that HC won't show up (it's an acolyte mod) and Augur Pact won't increase the set bonus. the reason they never mentioned it is because it never changed, there wasn't anything to announce or explain, Baruuk was never able to equip Blood Rush and thank the void for that.

Garuda's Talon though is a whole other can of worms. The change here is that it is now an exalted but the arsenal does not treat it as such because it is not related to a skill and thus it lets it equip acolytes mods that won't work in-game but it will hit enemies affected by the rift like all other exalted. You can, however, use Venka Prime and ignore it completely. Does it suck? Yes. Does it change anything besides aesthetic? Not really.

And that's it, what to do next is up to you. Best of luck and have a nice day!

I'm not DE staff either, but I can tell you for sure you are wrong on all counts.

unknown.png

In the past, the set bonus for Gladiator did apply to exalted weapons, and this was never about Acolyte mods on exalted weapons, just Garuda's talons. And in the past, Acolyte mods directly affected her talons like they would any other weapon. It is not OK to just say "ignore everything that's broken and just use Venka lol".

unknown.png

What to do next, is what some of us have been doing for over 19 weeks now. Try to get DE's attention to give us an answer. Something clearly changed if these interactions worked in the past.

i want to change energy colors from my infested pets :c

even if they are WEAK AF (except panzer that is just ok, not really amazing), i kinda like to see the pet walking around with blue spores or white whenever a want

and i wonder how would it be to use strain mods on deimos pets, but i would be happy by just get the color changes

by the way, i don't speak english so sorry if your eyes bleeded

Archived