Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You know Son Token pricing is BS when...

shootaman777

The costs are randomly generated.  1 Son Token will cost 1-4 tags from two common animals and 2 Son Tokens will cost either 2-4 tags from two common animals or 2-3 common tags & 1-2 uncommon tags or 1-2 tags from two uncommon animals.  If you don't want to pay 4+4 for a single token then don't and wait for the next cycle when they might be cheaper.

2 minutes ago, Katinka said:

The costs are randomly generated.  1 Son Token will cost 1-4 tags from two common animals and 2 Son Tokens will cost either 2-4 tags from two common animals or 2-3 common tags & 1-2 uncommon tags or 1-2 tags from two uncommon animals.  If you don't want to pay 4+4 for a single token then don't and wait for the next cycle when they might be cheaper.

And you view this as accepted and normal? No it's BS. RNG BS.

Yeah like, idk what point you’re trying to make. Debt bonds worked the same way. All the other tokens work the same way. It’s nothing unique to the son.

What I do have a problem with is that you can gain some of the required materials for everyone else just by doing isolation vaults. You get resources for father, ores and gems for otak, and fish parts for daughter, as well as mother tokens. The only family member missing from this reward pool is son (with the exception of grandmother but she’s different anyway). So in order to get son tokens you HAVE TO do conservation. Now I don’t mind conservation, but there are so few call points on Deimos you constantly have to extract and come back if you want to gather a good amount of tags. And the amount of tags he wants for some of the rarer animals, for so few tokens, feels really unfair. His tokens are way more trouble than they are worth and could use an economic rebalancing.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

Yeah like, idk what point you’re trying to make. Debt bonds worked the same way. All the other tokens work the same way. It’s nothing unique to the son.

What I do have a problem with is that you can gain some of the required materials for everyone else just by doing isolation vaults. You get resources for father, ores and gems for otak, and fish parts for daughter, as well as mother tokens. The only family member missing from this reward pool is son (with the exception of grandmother but she’s different anyway). So in order to get son tokens you HAVE TO do conservation. Now I don’t mind conservation, but there are so few call points on Deimos you constantly have to extract and come back if you want to gather a good amount of tags. And the amount of tags he wants for some of the rarer animals, for so few tokens, feels really unfair. His tokens are way more trouble than they are worth and could use an economic rebalancing.

The best source of son Tokens is actually grinding Weakened Predasites. This costs a lot of fish parts, but a couple rubs of Hydron (or, for some reason, Veil Proxima) will crank that little infested pet up to level 30 for ten entire Son Tokens

I've sold Son more pets than I've actually gilded, and I'm sitting on plenty of tokens

it's not the numbers that bother me, it's the fact that Conservation WAS optional before, but was forced into the progression for Deimos, and I hate that. I hate that god awful minigame a hundred times more than fishing or mining and I would axe it totally and replace it with something else if I could. yes, we can agree that many of the changes to Son Tokens were good, but they were solutions to a problem that should never have actually been a problem in the first place.

still need Crescent Vulpaphyla, but f**k if I'm going out of my way for the rarest cat spawn. Panzer's way better and we'll all be able to hit MR30 regardless anyway so pbbbt!

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

LOL, no. 10 tokens from a single "weakened" tag. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)isbergen said:

And you view this as accepted and normal? No it's BS. RNG BS.

yes, i do. if there was no reason to make any sort of cost benefit analysis on the things you're buying, why have the offerings at all instead of just one buy button that you button mash on.

3 hours ago, Katinka said:

And you see no issue with this structure in the slightest? At all? In no way shape or form?

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

The best source of son Tokens is actually grinding Weakened Predasites. This costs a lot of fish parts, but a couple rubs of Hydron (or, for some reason, Veil Proxima) will crank that little infested pet up to level 30 for ten entire Son Tokens

I've sold Son more pets than I've actually gilded, and I'm sitting on plenty of tokens

Imma keep it real with you chief. I’m not gonna waste all my time mindlessly grinding affinity in the same boring activity over and over again just to earn tokens. That’s dumb af.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

Imma keep it real with you chief. I’m not gonna waste all my time mindlessly grinding affinity in the same boring activity over and over again just to earn tokens. That’s dumb af.

Ahhhh.... See before you were whining about "having" to do conservation: 

3 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

So in order to get son tokens you HAVE TO do conservation.

And claiming that the small number of call points is the problem (although you don't need to use the call points at all). 

But given what you wrote, it's now obvious that you are just whining about having to play the game at all. 

Carry on. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

The way this is worded, it sounds like your problem is with Warframe itself for having grind in it in the first place

I mean, I've got everything (or at least have access to everything) from both syndicates, and I've only done 2 conservation sessions (one for the Avichea tags, and one for a Panzer Vulpaphyla). Everything else has been passively acquired (as in "Oh, there's an animal wandering around over there, I'll just tranq it and be on my way"), so I really don't see how people can think that it's overshadowing the rest of the activities.

23 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

Now I don’t mind conservation, but there are so few call points on Deimos you constantly have to extract and come back if you want to gather a good amount of tags. And the amount of tags he wants for some of the rarer animals, for so few tokens, feels really unfair. His tokens are way more trouble than they are worth and could use an economic rebalancing.

You're making the mistake of using the call points. And yes I realise this goes against their initial design.

Archived