Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any way to separate Beeps/Pulses from Sound Effects?

ZenVoid

Question

Preface: I have an inner ear condition called Meneire's Disease that (among other things) causes hearing loss. Combat is so noisy I often have trouble hearing things like Disruption Demolisher beeps, cache pulses etc. I tried turning down Sound Effects but it seemed to turn down the beeps as well, I'm not 100% on that because my hearing is fairly sketchy.

Is there any way to separate the 'indicator' pulses from general sound effects or turn on a visual indicator or something? Would totally make my day.

5 answers to this question

I don't know about separating the sounds out but disruption does have a visual indicator for the demolishers. The issue is that it's a really tiny red arrow if you aren't looking in the right direction and only if you're close enough. If you're looking in the right direction it's kinda thin red circle waves which can easily be lost in the noise of everything else. As a player who plays primarily with 1 headphone or none at all I fully understand your plight on needing a way better hearing-impaired option to find them

My mom has the same condition, but mostly manifests with severe episodes of vertigo. I’m sorry you have to deal with that. As for audio, sadly no, there aren’t any options to better distinguish between sound types for SFX. I would say your best bet until a change is made to the visual indicators is find a group to run disruption with, and find people that can handle locating the demos via sound to save yourself the struggle and frustration of having to do so yourself. I play with a small group on occasion in a community I’m in, and I’m sure they’d be happy to help. Hit me up if you want more info. 

12 hours ago, D3RPAxios said:

My mom has the same condition, but mostly manifests with severe episodes of vertigo.

Yeah, I'm actually legally disabled, can't drive and have more than a few scars because of the vertigo but eh, that's life. Everyone's got crap they deal with.

I really appreciate the information in this thread, you guys are awesome. I was not aware of the little indicator, that at least gives me something to look for!

they need to replace the audio cues for stuff like that with equally helpful visual ones already. i never play disruption or look for caches in bounties/sabotage missions (or help w them if i'm in a group) because of it. it's not as though i'm disabled i just would rather listen to ambient sounds around my home (for security) and also sometimes i like to listen to listen to music, or a tv show, or maybe the occasional ball game instead of the in-game sounds. to me it's noise pollution, when my bro has his speakers too load in the next room while playing it drives me up the friggin wall -_- ' loud noises bug me rlly bad ever since i passed out for 6 or 7 hours w my ipod on max volume and playlist loop 13 years ago

Archived