Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latrox Une Drone 15 minutes on 1 stage of a bounty.

(PSN)Poestis

Deimos Latrox Une Bounty Lore:

1st Version: When Deimos released this bounty was BAD, the BONUS reward was practically unachievable with a full squad when you had the "samples" after a crap load long time of NO enemies spawning anywhere.  The bounty "stage" was lack luster, and upsetting because there was like no frame with a FULL squad could get this BONUS.  I got the Bonus once or twice with Vauban keeping enemies away from coming close or damaging Latrox Une, but that was a crap shoot.

2nd Version:  Deimos updated all platforms and this bounty stage was DO-ABLE!!!  It was awesome, I thought it was fine, though it still took A LOT of time to find enemies for "samples" which was easy to spread out a team to do.  The Latrux Une upload rarely if EVER failed.  I never had that happen, but I was near him so, I defended him.  Pretty sure when he got hit that would STALL the timer which was fine.  The BONUS was achievable practically every time.

3rd Version:  NOW, it takes 15+ minutes to finish ONE stage of five, the drop rate of the "samples" is not enough and you have to defend this guy's drone to get the entirety of the BONUS.  You can't search for enemies, because the Drone may die, you wait by Latrox and the drone.  The drop rate of "Samples" seems like FAR less, a STAGE on a bounty should not take 15 minutes.  DE, I GET that you guys want us to bring Vazarin or Healer frames to this, but the drop rate should be increased for the "Samples"... This STAGE makes me not to ever do Latrox Une bounty, ever again..

Conclusion:  Just to get the BONUS, It feel like a Sortie defense on a little bit of steroids (doing Tier 5, and T6 side with 4 players going for 25 samples).  IT'S ACTUALLY EASIER when you do 1 player for 10 samples protecting it by yourself, literally almost promoting single player for this particular bounty stage... because sometimes I just leave squad if I am not host to do just 10 and finish it.  The team scaling for this bounty is off.. WAY off.  Do something like increase the drop rate of the "samples" by like 30% the spawn rate of enemies by 50%... whatever %ages work for TEAM scaling, because IF you guys are testing this on solo then you are doing it wrong.

Fix this please, or I know as a player, I will avoid this Stage bounty like the Covid Plague nowadays.

Thanks for reading!

-Poestis

PS... Where's my Deimos T-shirt ordered at Tennocon!?  hah, sure you guys are working on it.

I really don't understand how DE thought the Drone Defence was a good change. Defending Latrox while he uploads is the best part of the bounty; it's simple and you know how it works. Having the bonus tied to it was good because it basically meant "kill more dudes to get the bonus", to prevent them from interrupting him. After they fixed the timer, absolutely nobody was complaining about it. Definitely not compared to the first half where you run around for 5-10 minutes waiting for parts to spawn while Latrox walks up a mountain and ineffectively shoots at the balloons.

The drone defence did absolutely nothing except make the stage worse. DE didn't touch the spawn rates of the samples (the primary problem everyone has with the stage), instead they made it so that instead of defending one target, you defend 2; except the second target has barely any health and no means of defending itself, especially against the multitudes of enemies with DoTs.

I just can't fathom why it was even added, how could it possibly improve anything, even if the drone was good at its job? It's like DE mixed up their to-do list and accidentally applied a fix to the wrong content. The way this stage has been handled took it from "pretty annoying" to "if you see this stage on the bounty, you skip it".

Hopefully we'll see some changes with Deimos Arcana, but the fact that they haven't mentioned it doesn't give me hope.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)zj0ker20 said:

Seriously, this.  As far as I can tell, the drone's health doesn't scale with the bounty difficulty.  It should at least do this.

Oh wow I didn't notice that, it would definitely make sense though considering Latrox has about 60k more health than the drone sometimes.

I've just played this new Latron Lux bounty. 
Even at level 40 and using Oberon I couldn't keep the drop alive
DE really can't type down numbers properly
The Drone should have 5 times the HP it has at least
On Steel Path bounties it probably pops up like a balloon instantly

It really is baffling how what should be an easy fix to a problem has become this mess. Is DE playing a telephone game with player feedback? How could they possibly not know what the actual problem with the bounty is and instead add this unachievable bonus objective? I was looking forward to Naberus and having to do this bounty twice in a row has completely crushed my willingness to grind.

that stupid drone. i had it go into melee with the infested anyone can see how that goes boom and its gone since then i have to banish both target just to be save and have some fun but im on the solo going route too because it takes forever in groups

4 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

that stupid drone. i had it go into melee with the infested anyone can see how that goes boom and its gone since then i have to banish both target just to be save and have some fun but im on the solo going route too because it takes forever in groups

Key words "Forever in groups"

I'm happy that people know what's up here... and I hope DE balances it out correctly where it doesn't screw over squads now.  If they just make it easier all around with the drop rate of samples but make it harder around the Upload portion by making a lot more enemies spawn per player, I am sure nobody would be mad.

Yeah i noticed that almost immediately when fortuna dropped, the bounties there and in deimos take way too much time when playing as a squad. Meanwhile the time it takes to complete bounties playing solo feels more fair.

So weird they decided to go this direction 2 years ago when it's supposed to be a cooperative game.

The droprates of the parts and the enemy spawnrate makes it the worst. I dont even mind spending time on a single bounty stage for a bit longer if theres SOMETHING TO DO but theres so little enemies half the time Im jumping around the area trying to find them but cant see ANYTHING for tens of seconds at a time sometimes. This is not fun gameplay.

In fact the spawnrate of the enemies should be increase all around the bounties, so maybe that Cauldron defense becomes more interesting too. Now the enemies just slowmo walk outside the ring like doing a fascion show while the rest are ranged enemies staying completely stationary. Why even have a health on the cauldron if they never even come to hit it lol.

Luckilly I saw a reply to one of the Latrox threads with something like "we are looking into this", so maybe next time theyll get it right.

The little drone only regenerates shields if it hasn't taken damage to its health. As soon as it takes damage to its health, it never regenerates shields.

If you get this bounty, abort. Don't waste your time (unless you don't care about the overall bonus reward).

Said this before but i will say it here.

I don't think they tested any of this atleast not correctly. Because from my testing it took 9-11 mintues solo to complete runs on the high side. It was pretty much taking longer to do than most combined steps.

The drone i don't mind too much (if i am on Mesa) but jesus have the thing follow Latrox as i have had it just wonder off and stand infront of foes then die, cool AI pathing DE lol....

Not expecting much since Cetus still has broken bounties they refuse to acknowledge. Like cmon how has any DE lad not gone and farmed Cetus bounties solo??????.

Imagine having no enemies spawn in a huuuuge ass circle that should be 1 third the size and sitting there with Mesa going welp guess i fail since no spawns....

19 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Not expecting much since Cetus still has broken bounties they refuse to acknowledge. Like cmon how has any DE lad not gone and farmed Cetus bounties solo??????.

Not only were they broken, they're even more broke now. There are new spawn mechanics for "Liberate the Area" bounty where enemies aren't dropped in by drop ship or by space-launched pods. They just spawn... and they can spawn inside of caves and in places not visible to the player. The drop ship and space-launched pods at least gave you a hint where you need to go to find the enemies... if they just magically spawn anywhere, you can't find them (especially if they spawn unexpected in a cave underneath you!).

It was always like this. Now it's much much much worse... enemies now rarely spawn from sky-bound vehicles (pods or drop ships). I guess DE didn't like people using Rubico to shoot the drop ships down and forgot why these spawn mechanics needed to be visible in the sky in the first place.

By contrast, the "Liberate the Area" bounty in Deimos has a control ratio that ticks like -0.5% every 10 seconds (exaggerated).

Archived