Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mass Effect 3 Scorpion pistol -> Zakti Prime

snoozecruise

So if the weapon designers are looking for a new pistol idea... how about the Mass Effect 3 Scorpion?

There's a certain satisfaction from this pistol that I've yet to find in Warframe -- plink, plink, plink... BLAAAFT. Some weapons come close, like perhaps the new Zakti with its slow projectiles and delayed-reaction (disgusting!) explosions. I was hoping the original Zakti would be like this, but alas, the quiet puffy gas cloud is awfully unexciting.

I've noticed some Prime weapons are different from the originals in more than just stats. For example, my beloved Corinth is quite different from the Corinth Prime. I don't know -- maybe some people really enjoyed the Zakti's little gas puffs, but maybe this could be an opportunity to make the Zakti Prime operate differently too? Seriously, just rip off the Scorpion! Make the Zakti Prime plink out little sticky gas mines, and give it a nice punchy sound effect too!

And while you're at it, please look at reworking the gas status effect. Everything about gas is just so boring, unless you just really love fart jokes.

the Venom is more unique as far as Warframe is concerned - the Scorpion was a standout Weapon in Mass Effect but in Warframe it's functionally very similar to many of the Explosive Weapons that we already have.
and that's not saying that the Venom is some alientech either, just that the directional Submunitions is a bit different from the usual radial Submunitions that Explosive Weapons in Warframe tend to go for.

tl;dr i don't think the Scorpion is unique enough to feel like an addition to Warframe. for all intents and purposes, it's nearly the same Weapon as Kuva Seer, Kuva Ogris, or Zakti.

I accidentally submitted the post before adding all relevant info. To be clear, it's the feel and performance of the weapon that's of interest here, especially considering the Zakti Prime is coming and the original Zakti was arguably a bit unexciting in the aesthetics department.

And really, I don't think adding similarly performing weapons is much of an argument against adding new weapons, considering that's exactly what Warframe has been doing all along. There are already plenty of slight variations on rifles, snipers, launchers, and shotguns, and to make matters worse, we have entire lines of weapons dedicated to simply reproducing the exact same weapon with slightly different stats (Primes, Wraiths, Kuva, etc.). I don't think there's anything wrong with producing variants of a weapon type.

And as far as I know, there are no actual secondary weapons that fire grenades or can take advantage of the Adhesive Blast mod, so it'd be unique in that regard. We have rockets, mines (Castanas), and blobs (Stug... ugh),

Please don't make the Zakti Prime boring, DE. Even if it's not the new cutting-edge meta, make it fun.

Archived