Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Revisit

m3stuart

Heyo, after the positive Feedback from my Frost Revisit thread, i decided Nyx would be a pretty good candidate for a Revisit if there will be one. I want to mention she will be changed more heavily (compared to Frost, where only small new mechanics were added, or straight up buffs to hes already existing abilities). She will get the same treatment, but a with more powerful buffs (yes i am aware that she is very good at any kind of mission, however she is outshined by most Warframes. I'm going to give her specific strengths to get her in a mission over other Warframes.

With all that being said I`ll just jump straight into this.

Base Stats:

Spoiler

(Values are for unranked Warframes).

Nyx

Health Unchanged

Shields increased from 100 to 125

Armor Unchanged

Energy increased from 150 to 175.

Sprint Speed increased from 1.1 to 1.15

Nyx Prime

Health Unchanged

Shields increased form 125 to 150

Armor Unchanged

Energy Increased from 150 to 175.

Sprint Speed increased frmo 1.12 to 1.25

P:Passive

Spoiler

This ability will be changed the most.

It will still retain the old Passive with the 20% accuracy Debuff, but with her Ultimate reworked in it!

Allow me to explain why i did this change in the first place: Her ultimate it's very underwhelming. Damage it's fine, range it's 10 meters at maxed rank and most of her abilities don't need range mods unless your going for that global Chaos build. No you cannot change my mind in any way, since Revenant exists. It's sadly, a worse version of Revenant ultimate. With that being said, it can still be salvaged. And in a good way. Allow me to explain:

First, this ability won't be affected by mods (unless it has will have an Augment, which im not planning to make).

New Passive: Absorb

If Nyx were to become downed, she instead goes into a defensive state that absorbs all damage for the next 10 seconds. This ability requires and consumes 100 energy in order to activate. (If you don't have the required energy, Nyx would just go down normally).

With that being said, her Absorb mechanics are just the same.

Absorb new stats:

Damage unchanged (it seems fine as it is now).

Range increased from 5/7/8/10 to 20 meters. Maximum of 100 meters can be achieved based on damage absorbed (yes this is a mechanic of her base ultimate now).

Buff duration (after Absorb ends) increased from 8 seconds to 20 seconds.

It has a cooldown of 60 seconds.

1.Mind Control

Spoiler

Evry1's favorite amr? Well jokes aside, this ability it's actually a pretty good tool. It's just underwhelming to use.

I have a pretty good idea how to make this thing better without  changing much about it.

New Stats:

Energy Cost unchanged (25).

Cast range increased from 20/40/50/60 to 100 meters (no longer affected by range mods).

Duration increased from 15/20/25/30 seconds to 30/40/50/60 seconds. (Also could be increased until you recast it again).

This ability it's meant to be used mainly as a distraction from her.

New mechanic: Juxtapose.

Every attack the Main target makes, it creates a clone of itself that has 100% of it's HP and 5% of it's damage. A maximum of 6 additional clones can be made for a total of 7 allied units. The clones retain 100% of the remaining duration.

Notice that only the Main target it's invulnerable to damage, meaning that only the 6 additional clones can die.

(Mind freak also affects the clones, meaning if the Main Target has a total of 2000% bonus damage, the clones will also retain it).

2. Telekinesis (Psychic Bolts moved as third ability).

Spoiler

New:

Nyx marks a target area (like Hydroid targeting for hes 1/4 abilities) and lifts all enemies in the air. If recast again, or if the timer it's gone, all enemies are slammed into the ground, taking heavy damage and being disoriented.

Stats:

Energy Cost: 50 energy.

Radius: 3/4/5/6 meters

Damage (When slammed): 200/300/400/500 +5% hp of their Max HP. (%HP it's not affected by Str mods, only the base damage).

Disorient duration: 3 seconds (not affected by duration mods).

3. Psychic Bolts

Spoiler

Just a straight up buff for this ability

New Stats:

Energy Cost increased from 50 to 75.

Duration increased from 5/7/9/11 to 6/8/10/12 seconds.

Number of targets affected increased from 6 to 9.

Targeting range increased from 60 to 100 meters.

Needed strength to achieve 100% increased from 125 to 130.

Overall the same ability.

4. Chaos (Her new improved ultimate).

Spoiler

With a powerful psychic blast, Nyx causes mass hysteria on the battlefield by confusing all enemies for a few seconds, while she spawns clones of herself on the battlefield.

Stats:

Energy Cost: 100 energy.

Stun Duration (When Chaos it's cast): 5 seconds.

Clones spawned (always 4).

Clone Duration: 15 seconds.

Clone Damage: 50% of Nyx total damage, dealt as Radiation damage. (Not affected by mods).

Clones will try to follow Nyx, but are not binded to her (Like Wukong Clone).

New mechanic: If Nyx would be killed during her ultimate, she instead uses 50 more energy, and switches with a the closest Clone on the battlefield, gaining 50% HP/Shields and a cooldown of 45 seconds on her ultimate.

Her Absorb Passive it's deactivated during her ultimate.

I went a bit too far with her changes, but i hope you guys will like them. A lot of penality to play her, but she at least sounds more fun.

Minor tweaks would be more realistic without taking anything away.

1. Mind Control: +100% speed on target and  +30% faction damage to all allies against original faction of target (Including mind controlled target) that both scale with power strength.

2. Psychic Bolts: Give back its Radiation damage on top of the current debuff.

3. Chaos: Affected enemies take +100% Radiation Damage and deal +100% Radiation Damage to non-tenno.

4. Absorb: Damage absorbed also heals Nyx.

That would give her more buffs on top of her debuffs and some extra sustain. 

12 hours ago, m3stuart said:

Mind Control

Make the effect permanent once the target has stored up lethal damage.

Maybe allow multiple instances at once (3 seems a good number).

Plus not least, wipe any debuffs (like being slowed by Nova, or being disarmed) when you apply MC.

Telekinesis

Dunno, a short-ranged Bastille / Reckoning combo with meh damage?

I'd rather keep on-demand Absorb, TBH.

Psychic Bolts

50% cost increase for at best ~okay changes, not convinced that's a worthwhile trade / what is needed.

In any case, simply remove the target cap, let us spam the ability all over.

Chaos

Hm ... yet another Loki-vs-Nyx, stealing-from-each-other instance tho?
Like, that clone safety net thing is kinda just Savior Decoy :P

Also, you're giving her increased mobility, but then make the clones unable to keep up with her,
specifically mentioning it not working like Wuclone, when that is actually a great example of an AI buddy.

On that /note, give the MC victim(s) a teleport as well.

I think you put a bit to much into her passiv. Having a better Absorb, that still costs Energy sounds more like a 5th Ability then a passive. But I like the general idea, so maybe we can work around. I would make it more like Inaros sarcophagus : Whenever you would die, you instead enter the Absorb state. Then you need to accumulate a certain amount of damage (only from enemies) to heal yourself up. If you can't reach the necessary amount you die. Teammates can still revive you normaly.

Buffs to MC sounds mostly good. I wouldn't change the range and it still should depend on Mods. Juxtapose sounds nice, but triggering on every attack is to much. Either give it a cooldown (like 10s) or after a certain amount of damage has been dealt or was taken by MC.

With Psychi Bolts staying almost the same Ability, I don't really see a reason to make it the 3rd Ability. They could just remove the enemy cap or let us cast more Bolts depending on Mods, but I am not sure if this really justifies going to 3rd Ability.

As Chaos is alongside Absorb her signature Ability, I can agree to put it on the 4th Ability slot. But I don't like the clones. They would deal to much damage (200% of your already to high weapon damage) divert enemies and save you from death, while still retaining the effects of Chaos. Maybe if we would split this into two Abilities it could work. 

Your suggestion for a new 2nd Ability could fit her theme, but does not really fit her playstyle.

Archived