So, uhh.. no one's gonna thank DE for the new event?

1 hour ago, (PS4)MagnanimusLeonis said:

Greetings fellow Tenno!

I don't know about the majority of you but I really do believe that this Nights of Naberus thing they've got up right now is a blatantly obvious proof that DE doesn't even care about providing the players with half decent content.

I'm not sure if we can even call this a event.

I'm not hating on it for the sake of complaining but I believe I'm being objective and real when I state the following topics:

- It doesn't bring any new content, i.e., special bounties and foes to defeat. (like previous Halloween events)

- If you had a stockpile of Mother Tokens, from running bounties or Isolation Vaults, you probably could claim the vast majority of the "new offerings" if not all, like myself.

- It just tells you to run bounties, which we all have run, ever since Deimos dropped. Further proving my point above.

- Let us not even start on the whole Forma conversation, lol.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

I mustn't be the only one who thinks this.

Was your topic killed by the mods?

• Like 1
Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Pretty sure I've had those parts for quite some time now. Several years infact.

Me too but people wanted them... and they got em.  And they are crying still. 

id like something to fight as well but they are too busy working on the other things. I get it. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Softballbryan said:

Me too but people wanted them... and they got em.  And they are crying still. 

id like something to fight as well but they are too busy working on the other things. I get it. 

Yeh that's fair. For me and yourself it's a lack of effort as all we gained were a few cosmetics and nothing new to battle. Like I said, it feels like an extra Baro Kiteer.

• Like 1

I appreciate DE doing this as opposed to doing nothing at all.

Plague Star was already in the game, coded and ready to go. All they had to do was turn it on and let us play. However they did not seem inclined to do that, likely because of the Forma farm, and could instead have simply done nothing while blaming the plague. Instead, they gave us a 25-day long event that requires no more effort than we already have to exert, with some neat new goodies to chase. And it really doesnt take a lot of effort. I started last night with only 20 Mother tokens. After doing just 3 tier-5 bounties with a friend, I have bought the new ephemera (had the old one already) the mobile, the color pallete and the necramech skin. It is not that difficult to get stuff from this event, which is how I think it should be, personally. It's supposed to be a fun little distraction, not some endgame challenge with god-tier gear to chase.

So yeah, thank you DE for doing this.

Hopefully Plague Star can come back later (I still have Eidolon Phylaxis in my gear wheel) so we can farm up more Forma, and so other people can get the event-specific emblems and sigils.

hace 1 hora, (XB1)C11H22O11 dijo:

Yes I know that it's fine for someone to enjoying Plague Star that last comment was unnecessary but the point is that this Plague Star misinformation needs to stop

It's not about misinformation, many of us already know that is more than obvious Plague Star is not coming back (as Acolytes, Raids, etc), we have learned to not trust blindly DE's word bc usually they do not end up doing what they said.

• Like 6

I'll take an event like this over something like Plague Star, Dog Days, or Scarlet Spear any day.

Not having an event mission is a bit disappointing but for an event that involves shop grinding not being forced into the exact same missions for hours is very much welcome. As well as not having the resource collection forced to work at a single pre-set pace.

It's also better than DE trying to make multiple event specific missions as we all know that it would be a waste of their time as the overwhelming majority of players stick to the single fastest mission. No reason to put in excessive effort when most people would ignore 80% of the work anyways.

• Like 5
vor 11 Minuten schrieb trst:

I'll take an event like this over something like Plague Star, Dog Days, or Scarlet Spear any day.

Not having an event mission is a bit disappointing but for an event that involves shop grinding not being forced into the exact same missions for hours is very much welcome. As well as not having the resource collection forced to work at a single pre-set pace.

It's also better than DE trying to make multiple event specific missions as we all know that it would be a waste of their time as the overwhelming majority of players stick to the single fastest mission. No reason to put in excessive effort when most people would ignore 80% of the work anyways.

Can agree on this.

But i say this, the thing is, it is an "event" so at least one mission you could expect, a fun one, you not have to grind, something quick you can be done with and repaly if you want more like let's jsut say simple firework items as rewards, not much but something fun for an "EVENT" after all.

This is kidna one of the biggest problem again in most games, such events, anniversaries, etc. not celebrate anything anymore, it just turns into work or here handed out like it not exists. A event should be something quick and fun, not feel forced adn should not be mandatory, only holiday related rewards and especially nothing lore related. Which is the problem here so far i seen of people.

I can't sadly say muchto the event itself since i have my gripes atm with the game and uninstalled recently. Still stay informed on the forums tho. My main point tho for events either DE over does it with excessive grind or nothing to do at all, the game lacks balance in such, not just events.

• Like 1

It gives a lot to think, when people act like this over things they themselves asked to DE to bring back.

I remember a couple of months back when people wanted to know a way to get the plague zaws or simply were asking for Plague Star to be back so they can farm the zaw parts. Plague star isn't back, but at least we got a nifty little shop where we can buy them now. And You still complain?

Why do people want Plague Star? because of the formas. yes i know it. Complain about Naberus not being an event because it does not have a mission of the sorts, but you complain about Plague Star being extremely boring that you would not do it unless the forma reward were not there? Call it very ironic. So even if Plague star returns for 2021, with some interesting rewards as DE said, but no forma, you would not do it either, and proceed to complain how Plague Star is this, Plague Star that, back in my days, forma, yada yada yada.

Which bring us to this: Content. So you guys complain about content, DE adds content, you still complain about no content. If i am not mistake, the meaning of the word content in the mmo world, basically refers to ANYTHING the developers ADD to their game. You say Naberus is not content. Then what is it? a bandait to cover Plague Star? Most likely yeah, as i said before. But having Naberus, is better than having nothing. But even i know this community will cry for absolutely anything. No content? lets complain. There is content? lets complain, because is not what I MYSELF wanted. There is a small little addition to compensane for something not happening this year? Lets complain, because again, is not what I wanted.

This is why i said earlier that the community is taking everything for granted. Saying that this was a lack of effort from DE, but who are you to decide what was a lack of effort anyways? Who are you to say that the shop was made too simple and could be coded in a day? do you even know what went through at DE to make this shop available? i sure dont, i am not skilled in this coding thing or even game development, but i do appreciate DE adding things to the game i play, even if small. After all, to me, is just bonus rewards from doing the usual grind.

And if you want to prove me wrong, show me then. How to code a shop like the Naberus shop, in a game. Surely you can get all of the creative assets like the art used for the glyphs, and the 3D models used for the new decorations right? all in under a day?

• Like 4

tenor.gif?itemid=14703706

For all those who really like what DE's offering with this update, you should certainly thank DE for it. But this update has nothing that I'm interested in, so I won't be thanking DE for it.

Sorry, but despite a pandemic, many studios are actually putting out substantial content, while DE has struggled with their content releases for years now, putting out half-developed content for their big and small updates. I'm not going to thank them for adding some limited-time items to the game.

Is it nice that they did something for Halloween? Yeah. But merely doing something is such a low bar, and I'm tired of DE only having to meet a low bar of expectations. DE makes enough money from players that they can do more. The pandemic isn't an excuse when there are studios who are putting out a lot of content on a regular basis during this pandemic. Ultimately, though, the problem isn't the amount of content. It's that the core gameplay is so boring that people only look forward to the content as the incentive to play the game. I'll thank DE when they improve the gunplay, the movement, the animations, the map design, the story structure, and the progression system. But I'm not going to thank them for putting out a few items for another boring DE open world.

Edited by OniDax
  • Like 3

This is peak "nostalgia googles", people saying Plague Star "event" was better than this it's literally the same with people saying void keys were better than relic system. PS was a lame event, period, even if you liked it, being forced to play the same "mission" over and over again to farm a special standing to get some things shouldn't be considered good (I can't understand the big deal about the forma honestly, wich seems to be the greatest reward ever).

Now you can do things at your own peace, since there is no standing, you just have to use the most easiest token to get on deimos, the token that everyone was farming to get standing and also the costs are totally reasonable for a 25 days event, you aren't forced to run missions by FOMO. You can use every loadout you want, because you aren't forced to buff a reused old boss asset to gain more standing and make your time worth, there is no meta. There is no mission, so you can play every single bounty you like...

How's that worse than plage star?

Edited by vanaukas
  • Like 7

You're not gonna see many thanks and positive posts in general. 

These forums are for the warframe Karens. 

Anything that can be complained about, will be. 

There's even people that think accessing the operator menu takes too long....so they want it changed. Using transference in their orbiter to go to the back of the ship, or simply hitting options and clicking on operator is too much to handle for these completely rational folks lol. 

• Like 7
21 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

This is peak "nostalgia googles", people saying Plague Star "event" was better than this it's literally the same with people saying void keys were better than relic system. PS was a lame event, period, even if you liked it, being forced to play the same "mission" over and over again to farm a special standing to get some things shouldn't be considered good (I can't understand the big deal about the forma honestly, wich seems to be the greatest reward ever).

Now you can do things at your own peace, since there is no standing, you just have to use the most easiest token to get on deimos, the token that everyone was farming to get standing and also the costs are totally reasonable for a 25 days event, you aren't forced to run missions by FOMO. You can use every loadout you want, because you aren't forced to buff a reused old boss asset to gain more standing and make your time worth, there is no meta. There is no mission, so you can play every single bounty you like...

How's that worse than plage star?

The big deal about forma is you got them fully built and you could get 30 to 100 in some cases if you no lifed the event.

Casual players can't trade and they can't wait for forma.

I craft forma constantly in the background but if I want to forma something 4 times i have no problem buying 3 for 35.

3 hours ago, (PS4)l-p4p-I said:

It's not about misinformation, many of us already know that is more than obvious Plague Star is not coming back (as Acolytes, Raids, etc), we have learned to not trust blindly DE's word bc usually they do not end up doing what they said.

It is misinformation you don't know if it's gone the same way we can't say that it's definitely coming back next year. We don't know, that's why we wait for an official statement. You can speculate that it might not come back but spreading it like it's a fact is just wrong

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

The big deal about forma is you got them fully built and you could get 30 to 100 in some cases if you no lifed the event.

Casual players can't trade and they can't wait for forma.

I craft forma constantly in the background but if I want to forma something 4 times i have no problem buying 3 for 35.

I know it was a built forma, so players want to go on "no-life" mode and burned themselves for a built forma doing the same mission over and over again for 2 weeks to reach those numbers instead just waiting a few days to stock on forma or selling stuff in game to buy packs? Wow.

24 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

a store is NOT an event.

A store with a unique standing that frces you to do the same mission without new enemies (because a recolor is not a new enemy) that didn't offer anything new in years is an event, but a store with old and new stuff, with variety of missions (whatever bounty you want) with more insights on the orokin era is not an event?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Softballbryan said:

People were crying about not getting plague zaw parts and DE hands them out on a platter.  And people still cry? They are simple to get now....

i didnt ask acolyte mods and other mods like argon scope and etc. to get handed on a platter when deimos launched  , i dont remember anyone asking for that either , in fact i dont remember people be asking DE to give out pleague parts without effort ?.. 

• Like 1