Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why even make Nights of Naberus a thing?

(XBOX)Aquarii Ptosi

I honestly I dislike that you guys just made a vendor and took out the event. There was so much potential with plague star that this feels so lazy. Why not just create a new interactive mission or story/Part 2? You could have had so much but you just gave us a vendor. This is extremely disappointing and underwhelming.

You could have explored why Eris or Demios is launching infestation at PoE but no you just gave a random vendor. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Aquarii Ptosi said:

I honestly I dislike that you guys just made a vendor and took out the event

Night of Naberus is NOT plague star.

Plague star is also not a Halloween event either, why are you treating it as such? 

Inb4 people blame it once again on Corvid for DE making a Halloween event like this.

DE's working shedulde, make sometihng, serve it halfbaked, see how people react and then forget about it till it is to late and or mix and move things so much they not maek sense anymore.

On top, i said it in another thread already, timegated events with lore are a bad idea already. Instead of once again exploring and evolving around what DE has already, stuff gets shoved in to be "content" without evolving it or vanishing after some time due limited events, see also Nightwave for such, no impact on the world itself, as soon Glassmaker is over it will never get mentioned again.

Wolf and his Prison could had been a new place, Arlo got a boss node with two new enemy types, yet those not appear anywhere else. Glassmaker will have no role after he is gone also.

DE is simply bad in worldbuilding and storytelling, they had there high pointwith Second Dream and War Within, everything else swallow and jumping from one to the next. The worst is this Open World attempts without evolving much and keep makign the same mistakes.

Same goes for Events like this, Plague Star was supposed to get more work, "Lephantis" was supposed to be a placeholder, now it rarely came and now they shove the rewards in this, people say other wise but if thise are not signs of Plague Stare being dead i not know what it is, this is the main problem they see something not works or they can't make it work it gets removed, see trials. It starts slow then it vanishses, instead of reworking they remove or nerf to make the new shiny projects stand out more and hide how undeveloped all is, see Lichs and Railjack.

On 2020-10-16 at 2:17 PM, (XB1)Aquarii Ptosi said:

I honestly I dislike that you guys just made a vendor and took out the event. There was so much potential with plague star

Plague Star did not happen at Hallowe'en, though.

The normal Hallowe'en event has been the "Hallowed Nightmares" Tactical Alert on Earth against Infested, in dense fog with exploding pumpkins and a "Jack O'Naut" (Juggernaut with a jack-o'-lantern head) where you had only 100 Health and Shields regardless of your Warframe's normal stats, and no weapons.

(EDIT: actually, last year it was "Hallowed Flame", a variant Survival mission so memorable I'd completely forgotten it.)

I guess the devs would rather see players doing stuff in the shiny new Deimos megatile than running a mission where you can only punch things and have to bait a daft-looking Juggernaut into charging into exploding pumpkins. I suspect a fair number of players would concur... especially with the inclusion of the Plague Zaw parts and Arcanes in the Naberus shop.

Has anyone even suggested that Plague Star has been retired? The wiki still says "Plague Star is a recurring event".

I've been thinking a lot about the discrepancies between Nights and Plague Star and I kinda think the opposite. I like that getting the plague zaws is much easier than in Plague Star. Not to mention that the Hemocytes/Lephantis are like the most annoying enemies in the game to fight.

I also think of this in terms of lore: it has never been explicitly stated WHERE the infested boil/meteorite came from. What if it came from Deimos? Then it wouldn't make sense to do the Plague Star event when you're fighting the infestation at the source and possibly preventing Plague Star from happening in the first place. I know lore reasons like this probably aren't satisfying enough when you're looking for a certain type of gameplay, but ya know. Immersion and all that.

...*I* thought Plague Star was fun. My clanmates and I all rallied around getting as much of it done as possible and we had a lot of laughs. Although, again, Plague Star wasn't really a Halloween event. I understand the OP is bringing it up because the main rewards from it seem to have moved to Daughter, which I do worry about, but perhaps this doesn't mean that Plague Star is, you know, gone gone?

On 2020-10-16 at 6:29 AM, Aadi880 said:

Night of Naberus is NOT plague star.

Plague star is also not a Halloween event either, why are you treating it as such? 

I think that putting the Plaque Zaw parts in the Naberus vendor was a mistake.

It invites people to Compare it to Plague Star, and then of course start complaining about "where's the Forma?"

If they had been completely unrelated events, then DE probably wouldn't be getting so much grief.

On 2020-10-16 at 2:17 PM, (XB1)Aquarii Ptosi said:

I honestly I dislike that you guys just made a vendor and took out the event. There was so much potential with plague star that this feels so lazy. Why not just create a new interactive mission or story/Part 2? You could have had so much but you just gave us a vendor. This is extremely disappointing and underwhelming.

You could have explored why Eris or Demios is launching infestation at PoE but no you just gave a random vendor. 

it was inevitable/predictable tho, they always shoehorn things into their latest major content update to artificially inflate its popularity,

On 2020-10-21 at 8:25 PM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

I think that putting the Plaque Zaw parts in the Naberus vendor was a mistake.

It invites people to Compare it to Plague Star, and then of course start complaining about "where's the Forma?"

If they had been completely unrelated events, then DE probably wouldn't be getting so much grief.

But legit, where’s the forma?

Would’ve been a fantastic edition to this event.

Archived