Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

October 2020 Riven Disposition Update Preview

[DE]Connor

56 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I asked a power question, from an objective gameplay/stats perspective. Availability is unrelated. The infinite Combo convenience is nice, but that doesn't constitute almost half the Disposition. Let me show you how this feels in a practical sense.

Base Stats comparison:

unknown.png

Riven Mod comparison:

unknown.pngunknown.png

Builds comparison (I tried my best to make equivalent builds):

unknown.png

unknown.png

This is also assuming I don't run Naramon with Glaive Prime. If I do, I can swap Gladiator Rush for Organ Shatter or even more direct damage.

As you can see, the Xoris is outclassed in every area. The passive is the only thing it has over Glaive Prime, but it holds no practical real world performance candle to the Glaive Prime which has a much larger Disposition (1.22 vs now .65 from .50). Disposition is a flawed mechanic that holds little influence over the gear players go for.

Do you know why people use Xoris? Convenience. I for one would sacrifice some power to have a melee weapon where I don’t have to keep an eye for the combo counter at all times. I use guns more, so this weapon suits me very well. My Xoris with BR + Gladiator always red crit at max combo counter and I can keep on as long as I want. Glaive Prime? I have to mash E to keep the combo up unless I use Naramon. FYI, I don’t use Naramon. I am a Unairu user. Sundering Dash is too good in my eyes.

Is Disposition a perfect mechanic? Far from it. Is Disposition a way to keep riven power creep in check? Absolutely. I doubt DE is gonna touch it anytime soon.

15 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Is Disposition a perfect mechanic? Farm from it. Is Disposition a way to keep riven power creep in check? Absolutely. I doubt DE is gonna touch it anytime soon.

It has never once kept powercreep in check. Please give me an example of a Disposition less than 1.00 that has any practical impact on the power ceiling compared to a Neutral Riven for the same weapon.

18 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Do you know why people use Xoris? Convenience. I for one would sacrifice some power to have a melee weapon where I don’t have to keep an eye for the combo counter at all times. I use guns more, so this weapon suits me very well. My Xoris with BR + Gladiator always red crit at max combo counter and I can keep on as long as I want. Glaive Prime? I have to mash E to keep the combo up unless I use Naramon. FYI, I don’t use Naramon. I am a Unairu user. Sundering Dash is too good in my eyes.

Is Disposition a perfect mechanic? Far from it. Is Disposition a way to keep riven power creep in check? Absolutely. I doubt DE is gonna touch it anytime soon.

Drifting Contact would like a word with you.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

DE should put a big fat disclaimer that says “DUE TO THE CONSTANT CHANGES TO DISPOSITION. RIVEN MODS A RISKY INVESTMENT, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK” before someone jumps into the can of worms that is riven mods. Rivens are not meant to be super charging meta weapons and it will never will.

Do that and you can get less complaints. Most of the complaints I saw here doesn’t really know what is the intent of the riven system.

I agree, people love to avoid knowledge so they can easily act more surprised and angry.

3 hours ago, KankeiKen said:

I guess I don't quite understand the changes to primary rivens. Primaries in my book have almost always been garbage or slightly less garbage. Warframe is a looter shooter with the game revolving around kills per second. Many of the weapons that got a nerf are decent but not exceptional or outstanding (I am referring to gear that is steel path viable). Now the claim that if I want to use a weapon that is extremely lack luster in damage, crit, or status or something, that I just need to get a riven. Rivens should not be the replacement for weapon buffs or fixes. That being said, I believe rivens should be a buff to the weapons stats as they have been. Forcing bad weapons to require rivens just to be usuable in content that is Lv60+ to steel path is just something that doesnt work. So, when good weapons or decent weapons in the primary slot gets nerfed or their riven dispos lowered, I am often confused because there is a pretty obvious reason why everyone is using that weapon specifically for the primary slot. Its not that the weapon is god tier, its that there is so many other garbage weapons that this just breaks the surface and is like a blessing that O M G, this primary does not suck. As for arch guns...... thats another head ache in itself. 

We're not balancing the game around kuva-addicted endurance-Steel path users....so your premise is flawed. 

Level 60 to 100 enemies can easily by dispatched by a properly modded weapon, with or without Primed mods and with or without faction damage mods. 

Please head over to players helping players if you need some modding advice. We'd love to help.

3 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

well....why im even coming to such threads every 3 month...to feel bad again and again?  

Love nerfing every time alot of hardgrinding stuff people have for years, in NON-competitive game. Jesus. They think this will make people play more, cause they need to do something about bad rivens now and obtain new "better weapon rivens"? no, lol. They will just login, check this, and then log out.   

Seriously, nobody likes when THEIR ITEMS suddenly become WORSE than they supposed to be.   

Im still waiting for a changes, when i could come to game and farm things which wont suck later. So if i choosed to waste time/money  on 112% something - i SHOULD HAVE it for all time. Not until devs are happy -_-

Rivens arent items, they shouldnt be balanced around them.

In fact rivens in general need a hard removal or transformation form gacha S#&$ to selectable corrupt mods.

10 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The F was for the Riven, not the weapon. It's an F for player time investment. Being the most invested also makes you the biggest loser.

The F for player time investment comes from having the full knowledge that dispositions will change, yet deciding in your own mind to get upset about something you know is happening. 

It's more of an F to player common sense.

If you have 4 to 6 forma in a Kronen, your investment is still intact. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

The F for player time investment comes from having the full knowledge that dispositions will change, yet deciding in your own mind to get upset about something you know is happening. 

It's more of an F to player common sense.

If you have 4 to 6 forma in a Kronen, your investment is still intact. 

DE defines Riven Mods as an End-game modding option. Riven Mods are an equipment enhancement and investment just the same as an Arcane Enhancement, Forma, Catalysts, Exilus Adapters, Focus Lens, or Gravimag.

You can't blame the player for poor design that inherently makes you feel worse the more you use the system despite not really having large impacts on your loadout when changed. Making players feel bad is much worse than lowering or increasing a couple stats by an arbitrary and pointless amount.

Some of us (atleast me) believes one day DE will make this system healthier.

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

DE defines Riven Mods as an End-game modding option. Riven Mods are an equipment enhancement and investment just the same as an Arcane Enhancement, Forma, Catalysts, Exilus Adapters, Focus Lens, or Gravimag.

You can't blame the player for poor design that inherently makes you feel worse the more you use the system despite not really having large impacts on your loadout when changed. Making players feel bad is much worse than lowering or increasing a couple stats by an arbitrary and pointless amount.

Some of us (atleast me) believes one day DE will make this system healthier.

I do think the 0.5 dispo was uncalled for. 

They could simply change all new released weapons to 0.7-1.0. 

There are gonna be a lot of uninformed players that felt the need to buy Guandao and zakti rivens off hype alone, but it's at least a way to help protect the players that can't read. 

4 hours ago, wizardeiges said:

Fine then.  I'll never buy another prime access or weapon from the market ever again until the starting 0.5 diso is reversed.  

Oh! Withholding that sweet sweet $150 from them every three months. Keep at it, they'll break in no time! That or go under with that loss.

6 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Oh! Withholding that sweet sweet $150 from them every three months. Keep at it, they'll break in no time! That or go under with that loss.

Speaking with your wallet is the only way to really influence any business. It's not like there's much else you can speak with that even encourages change. All it takes is a percentage of players to speak this way. :) 

Just one more post here in that I am really surprised that weapons such as the Sobek, the Argonak, the Veldt (which needs a complete overhaul as a weapon), the Zarr, the Cyanex, the (Secura) Dual Cestras (which also need a revision, as compared to the Twin Grakatas), the Pox, and the Hystrix continue to be ignored.

I'm not even going to mention the remote explosive secondaries because outside of one gimmick, they may as well not exist.

17 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Speaking with your wallet is the only way to really influence any business. It's not like there's much else you can speak with that even encourages change. All it takes is a percentage of players to speak this way. :) 

It's not a matter of doing or not doing it. It's a matter of using it as an infantile threat with the assumption someone at DE will crack the whip and the entire team will jump to whatever they want done.

5 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Considering I am not going to even think about crafting the Corinth Prime untill it somehow get's an alternative reload that lets's load shell by shell, I am personally ok with this.

shell by shell reload is pressing E and letting synth set or auto reload exilus mod do its thing for a second or two

51 minutes ago, weirdoldbonw said:

Just one more post here in that I am really surprised that weapons such as the Sobek, the Argonak, the Veldt (which needs a complete overhaul as a weapon), the Zarr, the Cyanex, the (Secura) Dual Cestras (which also need a revision, as compared to the Twin Grakatas), the Pox, and the Hystrix continue to be ignored.

I'm not even going to mention the remote explosive secondaries because outside of one gimmick, they may as well not exist.

Fixing most of  these weapons is really not something disposition can (or should) do.  I have gawdly rivens for the Veldt and Argonak, but even if DE specially capped them at 1.75 dispo , they're still going to be weapons I just use because I'm a dork.

(I'm curious what you see as wrong with the Cyanex though?  Unless it's just that it suffers from Covid-notakuvanukor-19.  A common malady among sidearms these days. 😉)

Archived