Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My confusion about Xakum

(PSN)ErydisTheLucario

Question

15 answers to this question

Disagree with the folks saying to run duration or balanced. Imo the best bet is to hit that magic 200% str number, and dump the rest into range while trying to keep your other stats neutral-ish. Duration isn't as important after the changes to Xaku's 4 and the number of Grasp of Lohk guns you can have scales with range, as well as their targeting range. Even after the round 2 of changes, I believe this will be the best option.

I highly recommend to wait until the second part of its changes is released on consoles before even bothering with a build. Mine is resting in the foundry since one week after the release of Deimos, will be interesting to see, whether I will be able to build him, before the next new frame comes out...

6 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

build

I put great importance on Range, 235% (Stretch + Overextended) is the minimum as far as I'm concerned.

More CC via Accuse, larger debuff radius on Gaze, Vast Untime breaks containers two tiles over lol,
Grasp steals more (max) guns from a wider area, and not least, targets enemies beyond Melee range :P

So, FWIW, this is what I'm currently using:

Corrosive Projection, Vigilante Pursuit
Umbral Intensify, Blind Rage
Stretch, R4 Overextended
Augur Reach, Streamline
Primed Continuity, Umbral Vitality

250% Range = Grasp gets 15 guns and a nice 20m shot range, just over 200% Strength = Gaze strips defenses 100%, yay.
(BTW, I'm using Roar in place of Xata's Whisper. Nifty buff for both your whole Squad, and not least your Grasp'd pew pews.)

Mind, for a more casual run, I also have a Config that replaces Reach and Rage with Constitution and Transient Fortitude, and has a max Overextended.
Gets a bit more Efficiency in there to spam abilities a little easier, there's even the option to add Empower to get Str from 150 to 200 again on demand.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

Grasp of Lohk supposedly takes weapons- does not work on Corpus. Even aiming it with a crewman on Europa aiming his laser at her directly: not once did he lose that gun.

It's not an aimed ability, it's a radial effect centered on Xaku. (And works perfectly fine on my end.)

6 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

I'm also not sure about the Accuse, Deny or Gaze skills as they don't have easy tips :)

FWIW, the description got expanded on PC at least, also there's always the Wiki for details on how stuff works:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Xaku/Abilities

17 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

It's not an aimed ability, it's a radial effect centered on Xaku. (And works perfectly fine on my end.)

FWIW, the description got expanded on PC at least, also there's always the Wiki for details on how stuff works:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Xaku/Abilities

Mmm perhaps the PC version has had an extra fix we've not had yet? As for me on PS4, it did not strip the Corpus Crewman on Europa of his weapon. Against Saturn's Grineer though, green aura around them and they came at Xaku with kinda monkey-wrenches as we call them in the UK: those adjustable spanners. But against Corpus especially Crewmen, nothing. MOAs and Ospreys I get, logically as their weapons are integrated into the body but Snipers, Tech, regular Crewmen should follow the Grineer if the ability is working as intended methinks :P

1 hour ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

Mmm perhaps the PC version has had an extra fix we've not had yet? As for me on PS4, it did not strip the Corpus Crewman on Europa of his weapon. Against Saturn's Grineer though, green aura around them and they came at Xaku with kinda monkey-wrenches as we call them in the UK: those adjustable spanners. But against Corpus especially Crewmen, nothing. MOAs and Ospreys I get, logically as their weapons are integrated into the body but Snipers, Tech, regular Crewmen should follow the Grineer if the ability is working as intended methinks :P

No, that's not a bug we ever had on PC. The only ones it doesn't seem to be able to steal weapons from are anyone inside a nullifier's bubble. Which makes sense, of course. MOAs and Ospreys give you the little ball like all melee only enemies give you. 

4 hours ago, sketch2002 said:

No, that's not a bug we ever had on PC. The only ones it doesn't seem to be able to steal weapons from are anyone inside a nullifier's bubble. Which makes sense, of course. MOAs and Ospreys give you the little ball like all melee only enemies give you. 

I have no idea, only I know that when I used Grasp of Lohk on Baal, Europa those Crewmen didn't lose their weapons. They have Gammacors is it? Constant shield-stripping beam which he kept no matter how many presses of Grasp I used

2 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

I have no idea, only I know that when I used Grasp of Lohk on Baal, Europa those Crewmen didn't lose their weapons. They have Gammacors is it? Constant shield-stripping beam which he kept no matter how many presses of Grasp I used

Odd. I just ran Baal to test it and both the Sniper Crewman and Elite Crewman gave up their weapons. Again, that's on PC, so I guess you never know.

23 hours ago, sketch2002 said:

Odd. I just ran Baal to test it and both the Sniper Crewman and Elite Crewman gave up their weapons. Again, that's on PC, so I guess you never know.

Thanks for testing though, it's very weird. I'll try again when I give Xaku another turn as I like trying to play a different frame a day

I went for more balance....

170+ dur, 100 eff, 170+ range, +170+ strength...

Umbras, augur secret/message,  primed continuity,  Stretch/reach.   

This lets me grab 10 guns.  But Skeleton mode lasts for @50seconds which freezes timers.  So you have about a minute to find energy orbs to immedeately recast skeleton mode as soon as it overs.  Letting you run around with your 10 guns indefinately lol.  

Whisper's void damage is MUCH better than just using roar.   Void Damage has no resistance.   This makes it very effective versus everything, especially things tanked to hell.  

The only thing that sucks on Xaku is the ability wheel.  Accuse seams like the best one of the three.  The second one turns enemies into bombs but its single target so hard to cast, but the blast radius can be pretty huge....  Deny is a big fat turd and basiclly impossible to use on controller with default buttons.  Its just a beam shot that you need your thumb to activate while also needing your thumb to aim it.    Accuse makes X number of enemies only attack other enemies???? I havent used it once yet but I plan to...

------------------------------------

Ninjas max range makes me drool... 15 guns....and massive strength?  Sounds amazing how much duration, how long can you keep those guns up??  

If you wanted to drop an umbra forma on her you could get enough capacity to fit an exilus mod.... I was going too go for strengh to improve whisper/guns....   but maybe I should go range to try and get an extra 1-2 guns lol....   

10 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Whisper's void damage is MUCH better than just using roar.   Void Damage has no resistance.   This makes it very effective versus everything

I mean, you should be using weapons modded for what you're facing, so those'll be more effective than merely neutral damage.

And Roar affects more than just your weapon damage, it also buffs your abilities (which on Xaku deal Void damage, so have your cake and eat it too),
including Grasp'd guns, all of which Whisper does nothing for, plus not least it actually does something for the rest of your Squad.

Finally, 30% > 26%, just going by numbers alone :P

especially things tanked to hell

Are you under the impression that Void damage ignores Armor or something?

Because that's not really something Xata's Whisper helps against all that much, while on the other hand,
Roar double dips into Slash proc damage calculations, so your Armor-ignoring Slash setups will be all the more potent.

Ninjas max range makes me drool... 15 guns....and massive strength?  Sounds amazing how much duration, how long can you keep those guns up??  

It's about ~150% Duration, there's rarely an issue with keeping Grasp up the whole mission.

Plus with the upcoming buffs, you'll be able to grab guns bit by bit rather than needing (to sustain) that one perfect full-amount steal.

If you wanted to drop an umbra forma on her you could get enough capacity to fit an exilus mod

For the record, my build doesn't require Umbra Forma, and can still fit in VigPur (best Exilus fite me).

Archived