Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is something wrong with my Launcher or is it just obsolete?

Xtrenos

Question

I downloaded the game at 15 MB/s but when I open the launcher it patches at a max speed of 500 KB/s. Is there some kind of a download speed limiter?

Worse still, my launcher keeps getting stuck at "verifying download cache" and "9MB left" every single time there's a patch. I have to uninstall and reinstall it each time; and it's starting to get very very frustrating. When I googled for solutions for these problems, the solutions date back to 2014-2017. Have these issues just never been addressed? Is there any way I can fix this? Please help.

6 answers to this question

Most people don't have the issues you describe. I've never had issues with the launcher nor download speeds or stuff hanging at one of the messages you posted.

Could be your internet or the distance/route between you and the servers. Could also be antivirus or a messed up router in your home. Could be any number of things. I doubt it's an issue on DE's side.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

Most people don't have the issues you describe. I've never had issues with the launcher nor download speeds or stuff hanging at one of the messages you posted.

Could be your internet or the distance/route between you and the servers. Could also be antivirus or a messed up router in your home. Could be any number of things. I doubt it's an issue on DE's side.

I have tried running a speed test and disabling the antivirus :/ the download speed is still abnormally low and this happens after every non-hotfix patch DE releases; I am thinking of contacting support about it but given the current situation it'll probably be a while before they reply to me, so I thought I'd ask here

1 minute ago, Xtrenos said:

I have tried running a speed test and disabling the antivirus :/ the download speed is still abnormally low and this happens after every non-hotfix patch DE releases; I am thinking of contacting support about it but given the current situation it'll probably be a while before they reply to me, so I thought I'd ask here

I would just throw in a ticket to support if I were you. They will take a while to respond and if you find your answer before that you can always close the ticket. I'm really not sure what could be the issue though.

I have the problem sometimes too. Usually downloading something like a 9MB hotfix would take  long because my net speed was like 10 KB/s(thats not my ususal internet speed, mind you). I switched my network from WiFi to a mobile data hotspot and magically, I started getting 5 MB/s.

So have you tried switching your network? It might help

1 minute ago, ramthewow said:

I have the problem sometimes too. Usually downloading something like a 9MB hotfix would take  long because my net speed was like 10 KB/s(thats not my ususal internet speed, mind you). I switched my network from WiFi to a mobile data hotspot and magically, I started getting 5 MB/s.

If you're circumventing your local network then it could be a router/firewall issue there that drops the packets. I also use Wifi and never have issue. Although switching networks is definitely something to try.

12 hours ago, ramthewow said:

I'll give this a shot actually, it might fix the problem hmm. 

I turned my antivirus on and off and it suddenly spiked up to normal, except the last 10 MB which were slow as hell. I'll send a ticket to support to confirm anyways though.

Archived