Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the new "event"

Attila

5 hours ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Obviously people are upset about missing out on the Forma, but aside from that I kind of understand the complaints with this “event”. Not because of the Forma, but because it’s literally not an event. It’s just the plague star rewards minus the Forma thrown into the same Deimos content we’ve been doing for months.

I defend DE more than most on this forum, but this is a very lazy attempt at an event.

This. 

Yes we all know plat can be grinded out through trade chat but it was nice having a way to get a decent amount of already crafted forma without dealing with RNG or trade chat. 

It feels stingy to me that forma are completely out of the pool.

4 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

*Breath in*

THIS. IS. NOT. PLAGUE STAR.

*Heavy Panting*

Naberus and plague star are two different things. Stop calling it that. If you want plague star go back in the waiting room. Plague Star will see you next year.

Naberus is not an event. It's just a shop. Have you never played an event in an online game before? They usually involve more than just "spend your left over tokens on a shop". There's always an activity you can do. 

I honestly cannot understand how you can defend something as lazy as this. What do you expect? You want personal thanks from DE or something? 

When it comes to tradeable, event-specific arcanes and mods, it's almost always the optimal play to stockpile the event loot and resell later than to buy forma/potatoes/etc. directly from the event.

In other words, it doesn't matter that there's no prebuilt forma. You should never be buying them anyway. Same goes for buying potatoes with NW credits. Given the opportunity cost with purchasing them over things of far greater value,, it's a horrifically bad way to spend your resources.

1 minute ago, sly_squash said:

When it comes to tradeable, event-specific arcanes and mods, it's almost always the optimal play to stockpile the event loot and resell later than to buy forma/potatoes/etc. directly from the event.

This is how I feel. I'm baffled that so people grind plague star for forma. I use them a lot too, but building one a day has been more than enough. The few times I did buy forma it was from traded plat.

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is how I feel. I'm baffled that so people grind plague star for forma. I use them a lot too, but building one a day has been more than enough. The few times I did buy forma it was from traded plat.

They don't understand opportunity cost.

Last Plague Star prebuilt forma was 3k standing each, while Fulmination was 1.5k standing. I stocked up on these (along with the exodia arcanes and sacrifice).

Just looking at Fulmination, I resold all my spares months later for about 70-80p each. Remember: I could buy two of them for every one prebuilt forma other people would buy. That means I was making around 160p for every one prebult forma they bought.

Since forma comes in bundles of 3 for 35p, that means for every ONE prebuilt forma other people bought directly from the event, I could buy OVER TWELVE.

Now, the current event offerings may not offer the same dividends, but to dismiss it as something no longer worth farming after grabbing the cosmetics and decorations because there aren't forma offerings is a grave mistake AFAIC.

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

🤔

So, you're really just complaing about not playing a game that you don't play? I'm sure that makes a lot of sense to you, somehow. Hope you have fun, doing whatever... errrrr... not doing the thing that.... uh.....

Hope you have fun. 👍

🤷‍♂️

well there is no event, i say again, what event is it i am meant to be playing?  cant play whats not there, as for normal missions, they offer nothing to me so again why would i be playing them?  the old normal events were at least something different to do, but thats been stomped on the head this time round.

3 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

well there is no event, i say again, what event is it i am meant to be playing?  cant play whats not there, as for normal missions, they offer nothing to me so again why would i be playing them?  the old normal events were at least something different to do, but thats been stomped on the head this time round.

Well that's the funny thing about "games", people "play" them. And would you believe it, if I told you that some people even play them because they enjoy playing them? There are some, like mancala that people have played for thousands of years, and that just involves moving small seeds from one hole to another. Extremely simple, and nothing that anyone would call "new content" is typically added, and yet, people all over the world still play it, because they enjoy doing so.

Sounds to me like you don't actually enjoy playing warframe for some reason, and are just looking for excuses to complain about so you can not play it.

But hey, you do you. 😉

I've said it before and I'll say it again; for an event with a shop grind not being forced to run the exact same mission repeatedly is a good thing.

Plague Star, Dog Days, and Scarlet Spear are all in the same awful boat of forcing you to do a single repetitive task with zero variety and zero ways to make it more efficient besides optimizing that single task. Which can only be optimized so much between the forced waiting they all have.

And making it a variety of unique event missions is a futile effort as most players would just grind out the fastest possible mission leaving all work put into the other options mostly wasted.

I would have liked it if Grandmothers story ended in a mission with the deformed Orokin. People complaining about the store and the lack of forma boohoo, go cry me a river. I don't give a rats ass about free forma or not. And no I don't have a bazzilion forma. I farm them from relics just like everyone else. All I wanted was a story mission. Doesn't even have to be long.

8 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I would have liked it if Grandmothers story ended in a mission with the deformed Orokin. People complaining about the store and the lack of forma boohoo, go cry me a river. I don't give a rats ass about free forma or not. And no I don't have a bazzilion forma. I farm them from relics just like everyone else. All I wanted was a story mission. Doesn't even have to be long.

I'm kinda confident about getting a mission near halloween like every single year, dunno if we are going to fight the story monster but we have gotten some special mission since ever afaik. Through the years we have gotten several different missions, even without the existence of plage star event, I honestly can't  remember any halloween mission without being at least 1 week close to the date. 2018 was the last year we fought the pumpkin juggernaut IIRC, 2019 we fought the zealoid prelate and this year we still have time to see if they actually did a mission or not.

13 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I'm kinda confident about getting a mission near halloween like every single year, dunno if we are going to fight the story monster but we have gotten some special mission since ever afaik. Through the years we have gotten several different missions, even without the existence of plage star event, I honestly can't  remember any halloween mission without being at least 1 week close to the date. 2018 was the last year we fought the pumpkin juggernaut IIRC, 2019 we fought the zealoid prelate and this year we still have time to see if they actually did a mission or not.

I agree. The store is open for 24 days so there's plenty of time for some more content.

7 hours ago, deothor said:

In all honesty warframe was never about good events. I don't remember any that i'd say "damn, that sure was a blast!"

I had a ton of fun running the Gradivus Dilemma. Very fond memories.

Though looking back on it, it involved running the exact same extermination mission 100 times over the course of a week, so it wouldn't be much by today's standards.

I also really, really enjoyed Scarlet Spear.

4 hours ago, Zarkor said:

I honestly cannot understand how you can defend something as lazy as this.

Actually DE being lazy is a win for the player base. This “event” does not force us to run that same one bounty over and over and over again. People hated plague star because of the lack of variety in the event’s gameplay.

I wish it was an event. Unfortunately I got a wee bit excited and then logged in. Which let to spending something that I already had and then I was done. Event over. 

It would have been nice if a couple thematic quests, bounties or something could have been added to carry on the theme. They could have even given out mother tokens so you could spend them later. Instead..... nothing

3 hours ago, trst said:

And making it a variety of unique event missions is a futile effort as most players would just grind out the fastest possible mission leaving all work put into the other options mostly wasted.

Now the thing is , thats more of a 'human nature' problem in its own than anything ,and thats imo not an excuse to not make an event mission or more . Personally im on the neutral side on this one but i wouldnt say no to an event in a game that is too staple .. 

19 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Actually DE being lazy is a win for the player base. This “event” does not force us to run that same one bounty over and over and over again. People hated plague star because of the lack of variety in the event’s gameplay.

Are you for real????

All this event does is making you have to run bounties that you've already been running for weeks. It's like the opposite of variety. I honestly cannot comprehend how you can type those things without realizing how nonsensical they are. And to say that them being lazy is a WIN for the playerbase??? HELLO??? 

You know what would've been a WIN for the playerbase? FUN CONTENT.

My experience with the event was as follow:

- check rewards

- tag a T4 bounty except I tagged public

- 10mn real time for the new protect the osprey mission

- buy a color palette glad those bounty grinds are behind me for now

- check forums every few other days for next update

58 minutes ago, Galuf said:

My experience with the event was as follow:

- check rewards

- tag a T4 bounty except I tagged public

- 10mn real time for the new protect the osprey mission

- buy a color palette glad those bounty grinds are behind me for now

- check forums every few other days for next update

Mine was: 

• Walk up to daughter, buy everything with all the excess mommy tokens I had sitting around from running IsoVaults.
  • Place handpuppet.
  • Sit by the fireside roasting marshmallows while listening to Grangran tell spooky story to the void kiddies.
  • Smile and lament the the fact that there won't be a bunch of goblins and whitches walking around asking for candy this year.
  • Wipe away the smoke and dust that got into my eyes, because I'm absolutely not crying from thinking about it.

Then remember that we'll be able sell a bunch of the stuff from the store for plat in a few months, so...

• Run a bunch of the endless excavations for mommy tokens and see how much inventory Daughter has in the back.

4 hours ago, Zarkor said:

Are you for real????

All this event does is making you have to run bounties that you've already been running for weeks. It's like the opposite of variety. I honestly cannot comprehend how you can type those things without realizing how nonsensical they are. And to say that them being lazy is a WIN for the playerbase??? HELLO??? 

You know what would've been a WIN for the playerbase? FUN CONTENT.

Fun is subjective.

Do you want to run that one tedious mission or do you want 7 available mission that you can choose? Plus you don’t have to worry about “too much grind” for this “event”.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Fun is subjective.

Do you want to run that one tedious mission or do you want 7 available mission that you can choose? Plus you don’t have to worry about “too much grind” for this “event”.

I want an event. Those '7 available missions' have absolutely NOTHING to do with the 'event', they were here before, and they'll continue to be here when the 'event' is over. 

You're really something else. I hope DE gives you some kind of award for the lengths you are willing to go to defend their poor decisions and lazy approach to development quality.

1 hour ago, Zarkor said:

I want an event. Those '7 available missions' have absolutely NOTHING to do with the 'event', they were here before, and they'll continue to be here when the 'event' is over. 

You're really something else. I hope DE gives you some kind of award for the lengths you are willing to go to defend their poor decisions and lazy approach to development quality.

And I want an all expenses paid trip to Thailand so I can get a monk to put a tattoo on me that makes me bullet proof and makes me inordinately lucky.....oh wait... Is this not where we tell one another the things that we want but have no right to demand? 

Crap. I saw that post and thought for sure that it was. Now I have to think up another one for next time. 😓

Archived