Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Sigils need the same treatment as old arcane system

Savire510

What do i mean by the "old arcane system"?

Well, few million years ago you used arcanes by "putting" them inside of your syandana or your helmet making it "arcane". You could use these arcane effects only by wearing that helmet/syandana, which had a lot of problems in terms of micromanagement and limiting your fashion frame.

Right now you can just pop the arcanes inside the warframe mod screen whenever you want. Amazing change.

But, currently, the syndicate sigils and standing gain tied to them suffer from the same problems as the old arcane system.

You need to wear one of the sigils to get standing even if you dont like its looks/effects, which usually ends with a lot of people making it small and invisible. It also limits the fashionframe options since i need to sacrifice one of the sigil slots to have a syndicate standing gain and also adds a bit of micromanagment when i want to change my sigil to something more fashionable after i max out my daily standing.

What i propose is to make the syndicate sigils purely cosmetic, untie the standing gain from them and add the option to choose which syndicate do you support in the arenal screen or syndicate screen without the need to wear their sigils.

I'm going to keep agreeing with this every time it comes up, because it's always a good idea.

Let us "pledge allegiance" to a Syndicate through the Syndicate console, making that Syndicate "active." Any Affinity we gain will contribute Standing towards that Syndicate, from where Syndicate Alliance rules will apply to distribute extra positive/negative Standing to other Syndicates. The actual Syndicate Sigils can remain, except with their gameplay benefits stripped entirely. Leave them in as cosmetics, for people who actually like the way they look. The first time a player reaches a specific Rank with a Syndicate, their Syndicate Standing gain would be permanently increased to match the Sigils gain from that Rank.

That's it, that's all that needs to happen. The system remains exactly as it is in practice, but the experience of using it is made much more convenient and less intrusive into Fashionframe. We get to pick the Sigils we actually like (which is usually NONE) and we don't have to go through 40 Warframes changing Sigils on all their costume slots just to switch Sigils. Now granted, we can just NOT do that, but what ends up happening for me is I forget to check Syndicate sigils on a Warframe I'm switching to and end up degrading my relations with Syndicates I actually wanted. This is because I, like most people, tend to hide my Sigil where it can't be easily seen, so it's easy to miss that a Warframe is wearing the "Wrong" sigil.

This makes sense. Hopefully we'll actually see it some day.

The counterargument would be that DE wants you to take the Syndicate Roleplay more seriously

The Sigil isn't just 'rubber stamp, collect dues', you should Proudly and Loudly Display your Allegiance

Perhaps a better fix is, give us a larger and more attractive Variety of Sigils to choose from. Then more people can find ones they'd be happy to wear prominently?

2 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Perhaps a better fix is, give us a larger and more attractive Variety of Sigils to choose from. Then more people can find ones they'd be happy to wear prominently?

that still wouldnt solve the problem. Some syndicates have specific sigil styles, you can clearly see a difference between New Loka's curved lines and Suda's kaleidoscope-like harsh lines which may not fit on some people styles.

2 hours ago, Savire510 said:

that still wouldnt solve the problem. Some syndicates have specific sigil styles, you can clearly see a difference between New Loka's curved lines and Suda's kaleidoscope-like harsh lines which may not fit on some people styles.

Well, yeah, that's kinda the point of Syndicates having an Identity, and choosing loyalites.... don't align with one you don't like.

19 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Well, yeah, that's kinda the point of Syndicates having an Identity, and choosing loyalites.... don't align with one you don't like.

That's role playing.  I respect that, although I don't come to this game for it.   I suspect that's true of the vast majority of players, particularly since the Warframe does almost nothing to push it on us with in-game effects.  The game provides a story and a backstory, and that's about it.

The nice thing for role-players about making syndicate sigils purely cosmetic is that doing so doesn't need to negatively impact their personal choices at all. It adds to the possibilities, in fact.

For everybody else, it's pure QoL.

Archived