Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Screen Shaking

YourLocustBuddy

Please, DE. Just tone down the screen shaking. I know that there are some people who enjoy severe nausea and vomiting, but I'm not one of those people. I'm really tired of getting three rhinos on my team while fighting endless amounts of Grineer heavies and never being able to tell what's going on because my screen won't stop shaking. The stomping, the explosions, I get it, it messes with your view, but when you start to consider your screen being stable as a rarity, you know the screen shaking has been taken way too far. There's an option for motion blur, so can we have an option for the screen shaking? I'm kind of tired of standing perfectly still meanwhile my screen looks like it's experiencing a hurricane, a tsunami, an earthquake, and a disco at the same time.

Yeah that shaking can really get annoying sometimes. It's not just about sniping, when in-battle and they're really at it ... it's almost like you can FEEL the shaking. It would be nice if it wasn't so difficult to fight like that. It's like the Cloverfield monster entered Warframe, causing our dear camera to shake horribly.

The camera shouldn't move if I'm just standing there with nothing shooting at me, and it jitters constantly. I can't enjoy the game anymore, and it's really disappointing considering how much money I've put into it. 

I wasn't particularly thrilled that the god awful motion blur and depth of field options got re-enabled in my client either. I didn't notice until I was in the middle of a fight and just that minute made me queasy. I logged in to see if the reduced camera bounce stuff mentioned in the patch notes made it tolerable for me. It didn't. :(

I don't understand how anyone can think that so much visual distortion is a good thing. Maybe if I started smoking pot or drinking heavily I could build up a tolerance for it. Probably a better solution is to find something else to play. 

These guys lol. They wanted to experience how to shoot people virtually, kill virtually, and they complain for a little screen shaking. 

Wonder what happens if your country goes to war...Can you apply your skills in shooting virtual preys? I dont think so. Deal with the Screen Shaking.

Edited by yeomanry

I used to be able to play Warframe for hours on end, but since the patch I can't go 5 games without having to stop and rest my eyes for 10 minutes. I know the random camera shakes are supposed to help represent that you are in a big battle, but when it gets to the point where it is causing physical discomfort it needs to be toned down.

I was planning on playing the new event all night tonight, but I think I'll pass. I play Warframe to have fun, not to force my way through disorienting battles.

These guys lol. They wanted to experience how to shoot people virtually, kill virtually, and they complain for a little screen shaking. 

Wonder what happens if your country goes to war...Can you apply your skills in shooting virtual preys? I dont think so. Deal with the Screen Shaking.

I've fired a gun before. The gun recoils. Not my eyeballs. Dingus.

I've fired a gun before. The gun recoils. Not my eyeballs. Dingus.

I've been in a Motor Crash and the Law of Physics dictates my brain should tweark like Miley. The Event is set on a Corpus Ship mining an Asteroid smf being rammed by Two Grineer Ships (Check SkyLab Tileset)

Lawyered.

Edited by yeomanry

I used to be able to play Warframe for hours on end, but since the patch I can't go 5 games without having to stop and rest my eyes for 10 minutes. I know the random camera shakes are supposed to help represent that you are in a big battle, but when it gets to the point where it is causing physical discomfort it needs to be toned down.

I was planning on playing the new event all night tonight, but I think I'll pass. I play Warframe to have fun, not to force my way through disorienting battles.

THIS ... I want to PLAY a game, not play for 20 mins then go do something else for 20 mins.

PLEASE make this optional so that I can still play ... otherwise there are other games out there that don't require a spew bag.

I've been in a Motor Crash and the Law of Physics dictates my brain should tweark like Miley. The Event is set on a Corpus Ship mining an Asteroid smf being rammed by Two Grineer Ships (Check SkyLab Tileset)

Lawyered.

A motor crash and firing a gun are not even remotely similar. Go fire an AR-15. It barely kicks. I guarantee you it's nowhere near the level of movement of a wreck. I'm not talking about the shaking from the tileset as much as I'm annoyed by shaking that comes from my teammates abilities or usage of their weapons. (Rhino stomp, and Ogris as examples)

Also, it's a game, and I'm playing it for fun. I'm not playing the game to simulate car wrecks. If that's what you thought this game was about, I think you're in the wrong place. I don't remember one of the main selling points of the game being "Screen-shake every five seconds that makes the amount of screen shake in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer look subtle."

this is actually pretty tame compared to how much nausea you get from trying to play dark sector...they should really update that game to reflect their experience since then

i doubt they're going to use this for anything other than the invasion and updated sabotage missions where huge explosions are in fact happening on the ship

Also, it's a game, and I'm playing it for fun. 

That's what it comes down to for me. I will miss Warframe, but I have plenty of choices that don't make me motion sick. It's just sad that I used to be able to play it.

And as someone who has developed and evaluated digital imaging algorithms for many years, there is something wrong with your visual system or inner ear if you experience the kind of visual distortion in real life that you experience in Warframe. Your inner ear and your brain should compensate very quickly for a short impact unless you're hit in the head or otherwise impaired.

• 1 month later...