Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tranq Gun Indicators

ZarTham

Wait, it beeps?

What exactly do you mean by indicators? Like proximity?

Outside of the new animals that only spawn when you do something, like breaking haptic-fronds, or the annoying bugs of cat's and dogs getting attacked on the way to you, or birds getting stuck in terrain, animals run to the lure site, so what would be the use of a proximity count, outside of bugframe situations.

Not trying to criticise, I'm just not immediately seeing much utility, outside of bugged situations, that should be patched out.

6 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

What exactly do you mean by indicators? Like proximity?

There was a hot-fix which added little box outlines to ores that were ~close...mid-range-ish and in the general direction of where you are looking...now the fact that some ores like to spawn more deeply inside the terrain where you can't mine them, even though you know they are there, is a different story.

TL:DR - They mean the boxes.

Something that would make them stand out, even with the highlight It's hard to figure out their location, the beeping only serves to let you know that there's an animal near by, but that's pretty much it.... I thought that by now DE would had already added something like this. Came back into the game to find out no changes have been made.

Edit: Yeah, something like the outline that currently exists around the ores.

On 2020-10-18 at 1:29 AM, AlphaPHENIX said:

There was a hot-fix which added little box outlines to ores that were ~close...mid-range-ish and in the general direction of where you are looking...now the fact that some ores like to spawn more deeply inside the terrain where you can't mine them, even though you know they are there, is a different story.

TL:DR - They mean the boxes.

Oh, if it helps, the trail points have those boxes, which does help.

On 2020-10-18 at 1:32 AM, ZarTham said:

Something that would make them stand out, even with the highlight It's hard to figure out their location, the beeping only serves to let you know that there's an animal near by, but that's pretty much it.... I thought that by now DE would had already added something like this. Came back into the game to find out no changes have been made.

Edit: Yeah, something like the outline that currently exists around the ores.

I mean, they're bright red and slightly luminous when you look through the scope.

I can't really see DE drawing a box around the luminous red creatures; if you can't see the bright red moving target, having a grey box appear, if you point at it, isn't going to help much.

No offense if this is a colour-blindness issue, but again, outside of that, for which there are already 'some' options, I don't really see have multiple overlays on the same object would be a help.

You're no trying to no-scope animals are you?

I mean, most of my hunting is from archwing and I can see the highlighted creatures quite easily, even from up in the sky.

Though I've never noticed any beeping, no matter how close to them I am.

Archived