Fishing in the Drift Bug

Salenstormwing

Dropping straight into the Open World of Phobos seems to make fishes that are speared kill them instead of catching them.

I was playing Ivara Prime, with my fishing Sentinel, would swap to my fishing spear, then select my Phobos fishing spears (either one), and when you toss them at fish, the fish just die. If you go into the area with the Family, and then head back out, you can catch fish normally. I've had this happen twice to me today. I tend to land int he Drift first, so I can mine some rocks and catch some wild animals instead of going to the Necro-whatchamacallit, and I noticed this weird fishing bug. Like I said, if you go back inside, then head back out, fishing works fight. And yeah, this was on PC.

Annoying. Can this get fixed soon please?

hmm, i did had this occasional too but not always - i just went into the drift, same way as you and even with ivara and her oxylus too (same reason as you - hunting, mining, fishing and then into the base to trade for some token here and there) and it didn't caus any problems. i thought they fixed this one already, but it might be not so easily traced... like with most of such bugs i suspect the reasons are scripts that are not loaded correctly (in time, or at all) since any kind of 'reloading' an instance will usually fix those issues (e.g. if issues with mining nodes in the valis happen to me... again... i usually go to the cave where we fight the spider-mom and go at least as far as the door of the old settlement and then right out again... and usually the mining nodes will appear again - they even respawn, though idk if that isn't happen anyway after some time). no idea how to circumvent this in the drift though since the only way would be to start a iso-vault and go into it (i noticed that this causes a re-loading of some game-assets)... therefore you might still be better off going into town for a minute.

Archived